Aussie Disneyland Planners come on in and lets plan together :)

OK panic time folks !!

Someone told us today that the US currency has changed .

We have about $1000 US notes left over from a trip to Hawaii about 10 years ago .

Please tell me that this is still OK to use , please !!

Aussie girls we could do it too but we dont get home until the 14th - you should still get it in time ?

Aussiegirls, sure it's no problem at all! Just PM me your details and I'll mail them out to you as soon as we get back :)

We are very excited! It has come around so quick!! I just packed my suitcase yesterday and it's almost full already :eek: We're going to take an empty suitcase to bring everything back with us!

Rossip, what do you mean the US currency has changed??

Rossip, what do you mean the US currency has changed??

TBH I dont actually know !!!

The person said the notes were no longer the same style or color as they were years ago.

We have the good ole green paper notes that all look the same apart from the numbe rin the corner :confused3:confused3

Were they having a lend of me ?

OK panic time folks !!

We have about $1000 US notes left over from a trip to Hawaii about 10 years ago .

What I've got here looks the same as it did for us on several trips to Hawaii and DL ten plus years ago.

Maybe they've updated the notes (changed the faces!), like we do here from time to time (okay, for us from paper to plastic). The old version is still accepted so I wouldn't stress about it.

Edited to add: you have some serious willpower to not have changed it back to AU dollars when our currency was so low!

thanks Mel thats a relief !!

Just got a little stressed when told they were no longer all green !!

TBH I dont actually know !!!

The person said the notes were no longer the same style or color as they were years ago.

We have the good ole green paper notes that all look the same apart from the numbe rin the corner :confused3:confused3

Were they having a lend of me ?

Who told you that? I've heard nothing about the currency changing? :confused3 We just got US notes from the bank and they didn't say anything about it.

rossip thank you so much for the offer of the map but butterfly kisses has offered to send me one.

Re the currency thing, even if it is true that it has changed I wouldn't think that it would make the older currency worthless. Like, remember we used to have different money years ago, even though it is not the same now if you still have the old money you just take it to the bank and they exchange it for the new notes. I would think that it would be the same in the US. Surely by changing the notes it wouldn't invalidate all the old ones. I bet plenty of americans still must have old notes too.

Then again they might just be having a lend of you :confused3

xxx

Aussiegirls, I just remembered I have two sets of the maps so I can send you one set I have here now if you like? An American DISer sent them to me awhile back. I can send you both the DL & DCA maps. We only need one set :)

Some of your trips are so close right now :worship::banana:

Are any of you going to do a trip report??

I'm thinking about it, just because i'm so excited :dance3:

OK panic time folks !!

Aussie girls we could do it too but we dont get home until the 14th - you should still get it in time ?

Our currency has been redesigned over the last 5-10 years to make the notes harder to counterfeit. The portraits of the presidents are larger, and there are some subtle background colors -- some blues, browns, and purples, but very subtle. Any normal person would still describe the notes as green.

Anyway, rest assured, the older notes are still legal tender, still in circulation, and still readily accepted. You'll have absolutely no problems spending them ;)

-Bob

OK panic time folks !!

i work in a bank, they have been changing the colour of the us notes over the last few years. the bank can sell you both the new notes and old notes. the old ones are still valid.yeah so dont stress, i currently have a mixture of both, no probs...

we leave on friday:banana::banana::banana:

We are at 21 sleeps now :cool1:

Although I'm in a high state of panic, so much work to do beforehand, a week away with my daughter dancing, and packing for our first OS trip, oh my, my head is spinning. At least the time won't drag :rotfl:

7 weeks 6 days here, this time in 8 weeks we'll be on our flight to LAX and nearly there :cool1:

The rate is good today, wondering if I should go get my travel card but i'll spew if the rate gets even better :laughing:

wow everyone's trips are coming up quickly.

I made a blog for our family and friends so we can post pics while we are away without having to email lots of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter