Aussie Disneyland Planners come on in and lets plan together :)

We didn't lock our bags last year and as we have the Samsonite hard cases, there isn't anyway to use the TSA padlocks, so I was pretty worried but we didn't seem to have anything missing.

We used the Disneyland Express last year and I thought it was fine. There were only a few people on it. From memory our flight landed at about 8.00ish am and after clearing customs we only waited about 10-15 minutes and jumped on the 8.30am bus. Perfect timing

I didn't buy tickets online but paid when the bus stopped outside Disney Hotel. A representative came on board so you could purchase tickets.
This time I have pre booked online as it was one less thing to think about when we get there.

We've booked Disneyland Express too , so hopefully it will work for us , we arrive around 6.30 am so we may have a bit of a wait at that time .

What is everyone that is going to Universal doing ? How do you get there ? The Grayline tours or do you drive yourself ? After seeing the getaway thing the other night we are now thinking of 2 days at Universal ? Any thoughts on that ? Our view is we can always fill in 2 days at Movie World so we should be able to quite easily fill in 2 days at Universal !

FTR we are at Disneyland for 5-6 days , so we can spare 2 days for Universal :thumbsup2.

Finally what's a TSA lock ?

Just over 2 weeks to go !!!:banana::banana:

we are now thinking of 2 days at Universal ? Any thoughts on that ?
Finally what's a TSA lock ?

Just over 2 weeks to go !!!:banana::banana:

1 Day was enough for us at Universal, we had finished everything by about 5pm and then had plenty of time to wander around the shop and restaurant area outside Universal Walk, I think it's called.

A TSA lock is a special padlock that can be opened by airport officials and when they do, a red dot appears, so you know your bag has been tampered with.

rossip, I am not sure if you know but Universal have a buy one day and get a second day free deal on. We got 2 for the price of one and although I am not sure if we will go twice I like the idea of being able to if we want. As for transport I can't help with that. We will be staying 10 mins away from Universal in a hotel with a free shuttle.

I would also like to know what a TSA lock is.

Slightly OT but I was wondering if anyone would be game to say whereabouts they live. I was just curious as to whether we all (or some of us) may live near each other and not know about it.

xxx

With regards to them opening your bags, what happens if you have a combination lock. Do they just not open it, or do they wait till you are there and have you open it or what?

xxx

With regards to them opening your bags, what happens if you have a combination lock. Do they just not open it, or do they wait till you are there and have you open it or what?

xxx

You arent allowed to lock your bags when travelling to the U.S so I don't advise locking your combination lock, you will need to leave it on zero.

TSA LOCK POLICY: In some cases screeners will have to open your baggage as part of the screening process. If your bag is unlocked, then TSA will simply open and screen the baggage.

However, if you decide to lock your checked baggage and TSA cannot open your checked baggage through other means (TSA Recognized Locks ), then the locks may have to be broken. For soft-sided baggage, this process will NOT damage your zippers or zipper pulls. TSA is not liable for damage caused to locked bags that must be opened for security purposes.

What is everyone that is going to Universal doing ? How do you get there ? The Grayline tours or do you drive yourself ? After seeing the getaway thing the other night we are now thinking of 2 days at Universal ? Any thoughts on that ?

We thought 1 day at Universal was plenty - although we did pay extra for "Front of Line Passes". We were there on a Saturday with busier crowds so it was well worth the expense. They don't have Fastpasses at Universal ( or, they didn't in 2005) but the front of line passes meant we could walk straight past all the people waiting for The Mummy ride. DD and I did it four times in a row - no waiting! :)

We enjoyed Universal Studios but didn't think it came close to Disneyland in terms of entertainment.

Andona

We just watched the Getaway special and it did give us a few different ideas on what we could actually do with some of our time, we'll likely take a trip to Malibu :thumbsup2

And after reading about Pink's hotdogs, we'll probably head there too :laughing:

What is everyone that is going to Universal doing ? How do you get there ? The Grayline tours or do you drive yourself ? After seeing the getaway thing the other night we are now thinking of 2 days at Universal ? Any thoughts on that ? Our view is we can always fill in 2 days at Movie World so we should be able to quite easily fill in 2 days at Universal !

Here is a link for Universal transportation from Anaheim and return. It's a good price and gives you all day at the park. Only thing is it asks you to book the day you want to use it but from experience when you're there you can call and request to change the day and it's normally not a problem if other days aren't fully booked, you just need to ask them.

http://www.allanaheimtours.com/body.asp?tour=ANA-B0041&page=TourDetails

Usually 1 full day is enough to experience the whole park and you have city walk with shops and restaurants so you could have an early dinner if you have time to kill, the Hard Rock is there also.
I recommend the 2 days for the price of 1 deal on the Universal website so you have the option to go back.

We've booked the grayline tour to take us to universal. Seemed like the easiest way to do it with tickets and transportation from our hotel included.

we only have 6 days to go!!!!:banana::banana::banana:
we always lock our suitcases through the states with just the normal key type locks. when we check our luggage in they ask us to stay while they put them thru their 'scanning machines'. that way we are there with keys ready if they need to get inside.it means an extra wait of maybe 10 minutes but no big deal.

the disney express bus is very easy to find, it sits outside the door as you walk out, you cant miss it as it has disney characters plastered all over it.maybe we've always been there at the right time as we have never had a problem with crowds etc. we prepay by using a voucher, less hassles.

one day at universal was enough for us, we even had time to ponder the shops etc at city walk.

:dance3:

did anyone ever find out if there are going to be fireworks on for the weekend 25th thru to 27th sept?
i thought i read somewhere that the new halloween show would be on but i cant be sure

did anyone ever find out if there are going to be fireworks on for the weekend 25th thru to 27th sept?
i thought i read somewhere that the new halloween show would be on but i cant be sure

I'm pretty sure there is always fireworks on the weekend (depending on the wind of course)

I know there's a few of us that will be there over the weekend of Oct 16th to 18th so I just thought I'd mention that the Park calendar is showing Friday Oct 16th as a MM day!

I gather there's some possibility that the CHOC walk on the 18th means they might have shifted Sunday's MM to Friday. The hours aren't out for the Sunday yet.

Bye for now
Andona

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter