• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aunt Leslie, what are we going to do next?? A picture- and FP-heavy TR (COMPLETE)

Your whole family seems to really having a great time! Love all the smiles :) I had to chuckle when you mentioned you were the only one raising your arms on TT. It brought to mind the clip on Roseanne when they were on BTMR and they all raised their hands when the ride started and then it stopped. And they did it again and same thing happened :rotfl2: I saw some people raise their arms on ToT on my last trip and my daughter asked why they did that and I reminded her people do it on roller coasters and she said "but this isn't a roller coaster and if they raise their hands, how can they hold on during the drop?" :rotfl: I think she was over analyzing things lol

The kids are all so adorable - lovely family :grouphug:

(I'm back! Sorry for the delay in posting – this conversion of the pictures to a reasonable size is taking so much time! Please don’t bail on me!)

Boy, morning came early today! While we did a little better last night about not having dinner as late as we did the night before, we lost an hour overnight with the time change. Add that to the fact that we all lost another hour when we entered Eastern time, and our 7:40 ADRs at CMs seemed a little unreasonable when we were first getting up. But, no one was going to miss seeing the Big Cheese for breakfast! (Okay, my 15 year old nephew Brad probably would have volunteered to miss it, but happily he wasn’t given that option. :) )

This is how dark it was when we were leaving the cabin:

P1030719-1.jpg

Not only was it dark, but it was cold too:

IMG_3614-1.jpg

IMG_3615-1.jpg

Of course, Jodi didn’t want to wear her jacket as she didn’t want to have to carry it around later, so instead she just scammed mine off me. But, the love was flowing over all generations, so my dad insisted I wear his:

P1030723-1.jpg

P1030725-1.jpg

I don’t know what kind of silliness was going on on the boat ride to the CR, but it was fun:

P1030726-1.jpg

P1030728-1.jpg

The sun was finally up when we got to the CR:

IMG_3617-1.jpg

P1030733-1.jpg

IMG_3621-1.jpg

IMG_3622-1.jpg

Chef Mickey’s is so much fun. It was my dad’s first character meal to make it to, and he especially enjoyed it. Also, we were celebrating Ryan’s 5th birthday that day, so that made it even more fun.

P1030734-1.jpg

(Take a good look at Brad in this picture – it’s the only time you’ll see his ever-so-cute matching shirt. I just can’t imagine why he didn’t want to display my craftiness all day like everyone else. ;) )

IMG_3625-1.jpg

Mickey!

IMG_3637-1.jpg

P1030752-1.jpg

Of course, I have a lot of pictures with each of the characters, but I like the ones that show how much fun the kids were having with each other more than those:

IMG_3657-1.jpg

IMG_3659-1.jpg

Birthday boy:

P1030746-1.jpg

IMG_3661-1.jpg

Me, my dad and Buddy:

P1030774-1.jpg

We all had plenty to eat, and then it was time to head to the MK! :)

More to come soon!

This has nothing to do with the trip, but I have to say Buddy has the most beautiful skin! :):) What does she use? :confused3

Back to your regularly scheduled trip report :lmao:

What great pics! We had a great time at CM's on our trip last year. It's so nice to see such a large group as your having a blast together. What a bunch of hams those kids are! Always good to see that Disney magic and family togetherness on display.

Thanks, guys! We did have a great time at CMs.

Snappy, I have no idea what Buddy uses to have such beautiful skin (and you're definitely right about how pretty she is!), but I'll try to find out. :goodvibes

More soon!

After breakfast, we decided to take the monorail to the MK as Ryan had never been on it before. We finally arrived at the MK and I turned in another voucher for another 10 FP cards. :yay: And, once again, the cards saved the day as the crowds were really picking up, especially as compared to our first rainy night.

Cutest 5 year old birthday picture ever:

We were smarter this time in using the FP exchange cards – we did a bunch of non-fastpass rides first, or other attractions we didn’t want to use the cards for, first. This worked perfectly as the crowds really picked up as the morning went by. We hit Peter Pan, the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (which I don’t think I had ever been on before – it was cute), the Jungle Cruise, BTMRR, Splash Mountain (kids only – no grown up was willing to set foot on it in the cool weather), and finally Space Mountain.

After a big time at the MK, it was time to head back to FW for lunch and some fun Fort time before heading to the AK.

I don’t remember what we ate for lunch that day, but I do remember what a beautiful day it was. We enjoyed eating outside, and then had some fun biking around the Fort while others caught a little rest before moving into the afternoon.

(This was taken by me from a moving bicycle, without crashing – y’all impressed?? You should be.)

Apparently not enough naps were taken during “rest time”, as several more naps were taken on the way to the AK (one of the several reasons we like taking the busses even though we had 2 cars down there).

When we got to the AK, I headed to the Will Call window just like I had done every time we arrived at a park so far to turn in another voucher for more FPs. Of course, we had used one that morning at the MK, but had several more vouchers than we had days, so we planned to use another that afternoon. However, I had a real hard time getting the CM to give us the exchange cards this time. Totally unbeknownst to me, there apparently is a rule against using more than one voucher per park pass in a day. However, a manager overrode that restriction and we got the cards again, thank goodness! :goodvibes

We started with two back-to-back rides on EE, one of my all time favorite rides. Then, I got my first ride on Dinosaur, and almost had to change my pants afterward! :scared: :lmao: Seriously, that thing almost scared me to death!

After that, I actually parted ways with the entire rest of the group and got to go to dinner with my friend Claire, who had come back to WDW. We went somewhere I had never been but had wanted to go to for some time – Boma! I thought it was very good. And yes, I had to have a zebra dome. :) I was looking for someone to take a picture of Claire and me in the lobby, when I found a photopass guy.

Everyone else in our group kept playing in the AK after I left them. They did the Safari, KRR (with ponchos – it was just too cool to get soaking wet) and who knows what else. I know they hit EE at least a couple more times. It was definitely a day well ridden.

There was some cute hand-holding on their way out of the park. That’s what I love about being in Disney – you get to do stuff you would not be likely to do at home, and it just makes sense there.

Since I beat everyone back to the cabin, I started getting some dinner ready for everyone that hadn’t been lucky enough to eat at Boma. Then, after a relaxing evening at the cabin and campsite planning tomorrow’s trip to HS, we headed off to bed. It was a really great day.

Up next: Hollywood Studios!

LOVING your trip report! Looks like such a fun group and great range of ages!! Thanks for posting all the pics of Fort Wilderness!! It looks just beautiful! I love your photopass poses on the bus!! Too cool! Sounds like the GAD vouchers were put to great use too! Looking forward to reading more!!!
~Beth

Apparently not enough naps were taken during “rest time”, as several more naps were taken on the way to the AK (one of the several reasons we like taking the busses even though we had 2 cars down there).

Loved the sleeping pics - sure was a LOT of sleeping going on :rotfl2:

We started with two back-to-back rides on EE, one of my all time favorite rides. Then, I got my first ride on Dinosaur, and almost had to change my pants afterward! :scared: :lmao: Seriously, that thing almost scared me to death!

They sure are having fun!!

There was some cute hand-holding on their way out of the park. That’s what I love about being in Disney – you get to do stuff you would not be likely to do at home, and it just makes sense there.

These are some definite classic pics - what a memory :grouphug: (a lot of hand holding and pats on the behind :rotfl2:) That last one is adorable!

Your whole family is awesome - a perfect family to travel with (I'll accept any future invitations ;))

you guys just look like you were having so much fun. what a nice looking family you have. great group shots

looking forward to reading more, thanks for sharing

I'm enjoying your trip report! Glad to hear you got to go to Boma. Please, details! What did you eat? Anything you recommend? What is the zebra dome? I had reservations for Boma for our family back in December, but on that particular day the kids were melting down and no one was really in the mood spend an hour on the bus to get over there, so I called and cancelled our ressie. I was so disappointed! It is definitely going on my list for next time.

Thanks! Liesel

Everybody did a great job with the Photopass pictures. You can clearly see your girls are Disney experts - they played them up right. :)

Your little guys are braver than me. I did Everest once, and I'll be okay with not doing it again for a long time.

I saw you Nashville shirt. Are you from around here? Maybe you told me before and I just don't remember.:)

Thanks, everybody, for the comments! I feel so loved! :goodvibes

I'm enjoying your trip report! Glad to hear you got to go to Boma. Please, details! What did you eat? Anything you recommend? What is the zebra dome? I had reservations for Boma for our family back in December, but on that particular day the kids were melting down and no one was really in the mood spend an hour on the bus to get over there, so I called and cancelled our ressie. I was so disappointed! It is definitely going on my list for next time.

Thanks! Liesel

Liesel (and, by the way, I love your name!), yes Boma was a lot of fun. We had a similar situation on a trip over Thanksgiving 2008 - we had ADRs for Boma, but there was just no way it was going to work so we cancelled. :sad2: Ever since then, I've been anxious to get there. The food was very good, but of course I liked some parts better than others. The good thing that I could figure out was that there were some more exotic choices and several less exotic ones, so regardless of where you came down on being adventurous in your dining, you would likely find plenty that you liked. And, the desserts were definitely a big part of the buffet - I saw more people trying to get at the desserts (including the Zebra domes) than anywhere else. Try it on your next trip - I think you'll really enjoy it.

Everybody did a great job with the Photopass pictures. You can clearly see your girls are Disney experts - they played them up right. :)

Your little guys are braver than me. I did Everest once, and I'll be okay with not doing it again for a long time.

I saw you Nashville shirt. Are you from around here? Maybe you told me before and I just don't remember.:)

Thanks, MeMom! Yes, I feel we have trained the girls well (perhaps too well sometimes!) on having fun with photopass pictures. :rotfl: About the shirt, my college roommate is from Nashville and I ran the Country Music Marathon (half) a couple of years ago and had a great time. I'd love to do it again this year but I don't think I'll be in race condition by that weekend. :sad2: But, it's such a fun race, I'm sure I'll do it again sometime.

More soon! Thanks for reading!

Those are some great pictures! Love the shots on EE! Sure sounds like an awesome trip!

And I noticed your Country Music Marathon shirt too....my wife and I are running the half this year. Too bad you aren't making it again. Not quite sure I'll be ready, but I'm not looking to win the thing! I hear it's a really fun race.

Loving the latest installment. EE terrorizes me!! Funny Dinosaur scared you, that is one of my favorites because there are no big drops :scared1:

Y’all probably don’t remember, but the sleeping arrangements consisted of Marie and Daniel in the Murphy bed in the den, me in the full bed in the bedroom, and 2-3 kids in the bunks on any given night. This arrangement suited me fine, as I got my own bed each night, but it did require that I be in a rather small room with a good number of kids breathing hard and, on occasion, talking in their sleep, every night. Well, all that was fine this trip, as it always is, but it does make for some interesting moments. Monday morning, that moment was when 4-year-old Ryan started talking unintelligibly shortly before my alarm went off, when he suddenly hollered our, “Muffins!” Hysterical.

So, after muffins for breakfast, we all headed to the outpost to catch the bus to HS.

Buddy and Paw Paw, and all their grandkids that made it on this trip (they have 3 more younger ones at back at home):
P1030811-1.jpg

P1030806-1.jpg

P1030808-1.jpg

Everything was shaping up for a perfect morning with one exception that day – Daniel had those problems with his ear again last night and decided it was time for him to go see a doc-in-a-box to make sure nothing was really wrong. Happily, he wound up fine with just an infection, but he missed part of our morning at HS. He made it in time to get a good feel for the park, though, so it all worked out.

We grabbed another pile of GAD FP exchange cards, then headed in.

Image0065-1.jpg

(As photogenic as he is, Evan has a hard time keeping a straight face in bright sun…)

Image0068-1.jpg

Image0072-1.jpg

Image0073-1.jpg

We wanted to save the big fun rides till Daniel got back from the doctor, so we grabbed FPs (using our regular park tickets) for RNRC, then headed to Star Tours.

P1030823-1.jpg

After that, we were kind of killing time hoping for a quick return by Daniel, so we threw a bone to Buddy and Paw Paw and all rode the Great Movie Ride. It was better than I had anticipated, but still definitely isn’t a headliner. The younger kids enjoyed the shoot-em-out scene, but the older kids barely were able to tolerate it without texting. :rolleyes:

After that, it was time to take everyone (except Ryan, who sadly wasn't tall enough) on RNRC with our FPs. Ryan was disappointed to not be able to go, but Buddy and Paw Paw entertained him well at the playground. It was Evan’s first time on the ride, as well as Marie’s, and they both thought it was great.

IMG_3790-1.jpg

Image0076-1.jpg

After than, we hung with the Little Green Men for a few minutes:

IMG_3794-1.jpg

and then Daniel was back, so we proceeded straight onto TSMM! :yay:

P1030824-1.jpg

Of course, everyone loved it, as always. Not in a Soarin’ way, but in a really fun way. :goodvibes After TSMM, we all rode TOT together, including even my dad who loved it. After that, Danielle and I broke off from the group and saw Beauty and the Beast, as her choir is going to be performing that show in May and she wanted to get a glimpse of it on stage before her big performance.

P1030825-1.jpg

(One of her best friends will be playing Ms. Potts, so this is the only picture we got.)

After the show, Danielle and I grabbed some Mickey bars, did some shopping and finally headed back to the Fort. Meanwhile, everyone else did RNRC again, LMA and then one more ride on TOT before calling it a day.

Back at the fort, I finally did what I had been wanting to do the whole trip - got out on a bike by myself and just went exploring. Most of the loops appeared to be very full, and it was just a very relaxed atmosphere (as usual). I went to loop 500 to try to meet DaveInTn, but he wasn't at home. (Happily, I did get to meet him later in the day.) He had a very nice site that apparently is perfect for fishing. :) Right after I left his site, though, I figured out that my cell phone (brand new at that) had fallen out of my pocket somewhere between loops 1100 and 500. I retraced my steps multiple times, but couldn't find it. Ugh. But, being that the fort gods were smiling on me, someone turned it in at Trails End and I had it back within about an hour. Amazing. It just goes to show what kind of people stay at FW. :goodvibes

Anyway, we finally eventually made it to the pool where the kids (all but Brad) swam for a looooong time. There was a good crowd at the pool, but really only kids in the pool. Most adults just weren't up for swimming in the windy conditions. (Either that, or they didn't want to have to get themselves back to their site cold and wet.)

P1030832-1.jpg

P1030833-1.jpg

P1030836-1.jpg

P1030837-1.jpg

P1030839-1.jpg

Tonight was my night to provide dinner for the crowd. When it is Marie’s turn, she will make the chicken casserole she cooked and froze a few weeks back. My parents have cooked homemade meals most every night for all of us. What do I do for my turn? Takeout from Trails End. :rolleyes1 Two pizzas plus a giddyup and go with fried chicken, fries and biscuits and we were set. Plus, I got to sit at Crockett's Tavern and enjoy that scene for a while. Very nice. And, Brad at least seemed thrilled to get his hands on some pizza.

We got to eat both lunch and dinner outside on the porch today. It was a beautiful day - sunny but cool – very nice.

One more picture from Monday. I’m not sure when it was taken, but I have to share just to show how cute Buddy and Paw Paw are:

P1030827-1.jpg

More to come soon!

Leslie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter