Aulani-Where to Eat-2015-Help!

gwensgoofy

Mouseketeer
We enjoyed Aulani 3 years ago, and can't wait to get back there in a couple of weeks. I know there was a thread back then listing places to eat, but so much has changed since then. We probably won't eat dinners at the Aulani restaurants-Ama Ama wasn't enjoyable, and my "kids" are 18 and 20, so they aren't looking for a character meal. I've read about Roys and Monkeypod. I'm interested in what others have enjoyed-what's good, what's not to be missed? I've got one with a shellfish allergy, so I can't go to any sushi only places. Thanks!

You should re-visit that thread. Honestly, not much has changed there in the last 3 years.
We loved Monkeypod. I got the steak each time I was there and it was perfect.

The Pizza place by Aulani is good. I think the monkey pod is a bit o ear priced and would rather go to Roy's. If you have a car or willing to get one for a day, Nico's Pier 38 is very good and prices are great. Honolulu, the North shore and the East side all have good options. There really isn't much around Aulani.

The Pizza place by Aulani is good. I think the monkey pod is a bit o ear priced and would rather go to Roy's. If you have a car or willing to get one for a day, Nico's Pier 38 is very good and prices are great. Honolulu, the North shore and the East side all have good options. There really isn't much around Aulani.

+1 for the pizza place (Pizza Corner). Try the poke pizza for something different - thin, crispy crust with poke on top, no sauce (that would be weird). :) Nico's Pier 38 is also very good.

My personal must go's when on Oahu are Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin in Waikiki and Macky's shrimp truck on the North Shore.

Thanks for the replies.I tried to find the restaurant thread from a few years ago and couldn't find it, but I'm going to try again. Monkeypod's menu looks good, and pizza always sounds good. We plan on hitting the shrimp trucks as well!

We have been to Aulani three times and going back in may. While we get a car we rarely leave. I like Monkeypod, Roy's and the sushi place across the street--it does have non seafood items. The pizza place is good. We don't like Just Tacos. The Abc store across the street has a nice variety of take out good. The Marriott down the walk way has a nice restaurant and I'm looking forward to the Four Seasons opening up next door. If you have s car Kapolei has a nice Italian place...can't think of the name plus a number of chains. Out of 10 days there we usually eat out 7 or 8 for dinner. We always make breakfast and lunch and we stop at Safeway on the way from the airport for food and wine. Also Monkeypod has live music most nights. Your 18 and 20 year old kids may get bored at aulani as there isn't a lot going on at night but they could walk across the street for music that isn't just Hawaiin. We have been into Honolulu to visit friends but I can't remember where we went for dinner. I wouldn't drive in just for dinner...the traffic is a pain.

Please try Ama Ama again for breakfast, they have the most amazing pancakes we have ever eaten there.
They were vanilla macadamia nut, and so delicious.
Monkeypod was really good too.
We had dinner at the Makahini (buffet) one night, we enjoyed it and thought there was a really nice selection. No characters in the evenings.

Have fun!

Our family loved Monkeypod and ate there several times. It's convenient and the food was very good. They also offered some nice happy hour specials as well and live music with an outdoor seating area. Very relaxing atmosphere....great for kids and grown ups alike.

We walked along the hotels to Longboard's at the Marriott Beach Club a few times and liked it. Pretty standard food. We mostly ate on-site, but we did enjoy that as well as Monkeypod.

I thought the food at Aulani was good. Mostly bar food at On the Hook and Olelo Room. Had lunch at Ama Ama, it was good too. Ulu Cafe had a good smoked salmon flatbread at breakfast. Monkeypod was great!

I think the food at Aulani has improved since our first visit 3 years ago. That being said, we still tend to eat most meals elsewhere. As others have mentioned Monkeypod is a good choice, we used to enjoy Just Tacos but found our last couple of visits to be not great. In Kapolei, there is an Italian restaurant we enjoy called Assagio. If planning a visit to the Swap Meet or Pearl Harbor, there is a great local place called Anna Miller's. It is in Aiea I believe. While we have had lunch and dinner here, I think breakfast is by far the better choice! You also may want to consider a pie to go :-)!

Pizza Corner is definitely is somewhere you should check out. They offer several lunch specials. $5 for a slice and soda or $10 for a slice, soda, and a trip to the salad bar. Great deal!

With Monkeypod, try to go during happy hours (3-5 and 9:30-11) since most appetizers are 50% off and pizzas are $9.

If you have a car, you could drive into the Kapolei area. There are tons of restaurants to check out, including Chili's, Chinese restaurants, a Mexican place (way better than Just Tacos), and lots of other places.

You could also check Yelp for other suggestions.

What's for breakfast guys where can I go that had reasonable prices for breakfast.

Don't you wish the menu options in Disney were more robust and a bit more fairly priced? No one would go off site if so

In Kapolei, there is an Italian restaurant we enjoy called Assagio.
We've dined there a couple of times now and will be going back.

If planning a visit to the Swap Meet or Pearl Harbor, there is a great local place called Anna Miller's. It is in Aiea I believe. While we have had lunch and dinner here, I think breakfast is by far the better choice! You also may want to consider a pie to go
Another good choice Tracey. We've stopped there on both of our Aulani visits and will be doing it again in May. People should also know that you can get breakfast at any time at Anna Millers.

We ate at Roy's and at Monkeypod. Roy was okay, but loved Monkeypod! We really liked the ABC store as well.

We really enjoyed both breakfast and dinner at AMA AMA. We also loved Monkepod, the food, service and atmosphere was great.

Monkeypod was awesome! We loved it, they had a great menu and I thought the prices were good considering the quality of the food/service. We did have a short wait to get a table a few times, and it was a little loud at some of our later dinners. ABC has some pretty good quick bite things, and their prices on fresh fruit and drinks are way cheaper than getting them on property.

Dining
- Make reservations at least for dinner if you want to eat on property or else where.
- Down the beachfront walkway there is a Dukes and a Chop at the Marriott.
- Across the street - Monkey Pod (kid friendly), Sushi, Pizza -- Monkey Pod you will need reservations and its delicious. There is also Mexican but if your from CA I don't recommend it.
- Golf Course - Roy's - walking distance (tasty) We booked the Chip and Dale Beach Party and had a nice dinner over there.
- ABC store - almost a full grocery store - great for buying food for the room. Plus they have a full Deli. We generally eat breakfast in our room so we get everything.

JW Marriott is currently closed for refurbishment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter