Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

But in June, DH and I will be at Aulani for 3 nights in an Island/Garden view Studio that we are getting with rented points following our time on Kauai. Thanks for the info about different studios in this category that I have read on this forum. Not sure how to go about doing a location request since we are renting points through David's. Any ideas?
The member from whom you are renting points will have to make the room request for you. I suggest you contact David's and ask them to forward your room request to the member.

Room requests seem to work best when they are somewhat broad and not room-specific. If you wanted to get a studio like 1479, I would request "High Floor, Ewa Building, Facing Ocean." If seeing the ocean was my first priority, I might request "Facing Ocean, High Floor, Ewa Building."

Good luck on getting what you what!

We are booked feb 11-20 in a poolside garden view studio - originally we started in a standard view for 1'night, ocean view for 2 nights then the rest of the time in the poolside garden view but our wait list came through so we are in the same room the whole time. Are there any 'bad' area's with this category? We don't usually do room requests but wondering if we need to here. First time to Hawaii and huge celebrations happening for us between milestone birthdays and me beating cancer!!! So looking to make this the perfect trip!!

Going to be squishy with 4 of us (myself, Dh, 21yo and 16yo boys) but a 1 bedroom wasn't available and I figured better to go and be squishy for 10 days then not go at all!!!
Some of the Pool View studios (#172, #178, #184) on the first floor of the Ewa Building Phase 3 don't have much of a pool view. Landscaping and a short retaining wall block some of the view. See this post for an example. The Pool View villas go as high as the fifth floor, so I would probably request "high floor" if I had a Pool View villa.

Have fun at Aulani!

First time Aulani guests, just booked a 2-bedroom lock-off Ocean View in early June. Should we put in any specific room requests? I am looking at the wonderful charts on the first post . . . and not making a lot of sense out of them as I don't know the buildings etc. Any help would be appreciated, thank you! We are celebrating my 50th birthday and my son's college graduation on this trip, so we are wanting to make it extra special. :goodvibes

First time Aulani guests, just booked a 2-bedroom lock-off Ocean View in early June. Should we put in any specific room requests? I am looking at the wonderful charts on the first post . . . and not making a lot of sense out of them as I don't know the buildings etc. Any help would be appreciated, thank you! We are celebrating my 50th birthday and my son's college graduation on this trip, so we are wanting to make it extra special. :goodvibes
Try this map I put together, it may help:
Here's an attempt at annotating the room locations on the building, based on the charts in post #1 and various unit photos. If there are errors, let me know. Glad to contribute to top of thread if desired (contact me for higher resolution image).
Aulani%252520Wayfinder.png

There is SO much information on this string - thanks so much - but I guess I still need guidance :(

Will be at Aulani during Spring Break this year. Have reserved a dedicated ocean-view 2 bedroom unit. Is one of the buildings more convenient to get to the pool, beach, activities, than others? We would like a higher floor but not sure which bldg to request or which side - would want the best ocean view (understanding the Grand Villas really get THE best views). ANY help and guidance would be appreciated!

There is SO much information on this string - thanks so much - but I guess I still need guidance :(

Will be at Aulani during Spring Break this year. Have reserved a dedicated ocean-view 2 bedroom unit. Is one of the buildings more convenient to get to the pool, beach, activities, than others? We would like a higher floor but not sure which bldg to request or which side - would want the best ocean view (understanding the Grand Villas really get THE best views). ANY help and guidance would be appreciated!
In my opinion, Aulani is fairly compact so its easy to get from any part of the resort to the pool, lagoon, and other common areas. Given the location of the elevators, the foot traffic is funneled toward the center of the Waianea and Ewa Buildings, so it really doesn't matter where your villa is in terms of ease of access to the other resort amenities.

"Best" ocean view is so relative that its hard to say one location is better than another. Villas in the Ewa Building Phase 1 and Ewa Building Phase 3 get the afternoon sun and offer (at least partial) views of the sunset over the Pacific. The Waianae Building villas facing the main pool and lazy river (aka the Waikolohe Valley) offer morning sun and afternoon shade.

I've read about 30 pages of this thread and didn't see this, so,forgive me if it has been asked...if I've booked a 2 bedroom with a cash reservation, will it be a dedicated 2 bedroom or could it be a lock off? I've booked cash 2 bedrooms at BLT and AKL Kidani and both were dedicated. Didn't know if that was by chance or design?

I've read about 30 pages of this thread and didn't see this, so,forgive me if it has been asked...if I've booked a 2 bedroom with a cash reservation, will it be a dedicated 2 bedroom or could it be a lock off? I've booked cash 2 bedrooms at BLT and AKL Kidani and both were dedicated. Didn't know if that was by chance or design?
I don't have a definitive answer for you, but I think you will end up with a dedicated two-bedroom.

Thank you wdrl for this great thread and for your answer above. I am totally fine with a dedicated 2 bedroom. I have reserved an Island View 2 bedroom. From my reading on this thread and clicking through the links on the first pages with the view, I think I will request "high floor". I thought about requesting those peak-a-boo ocean view Island views in the long part of the Ewa building (odd numbered rooms, I think??), but didn't know if that would be too many requests and cause them to throw up their hands. I am really just hoping for "not parking lot"!! If any one has any other advice for room requests in this category, feel free to jump in. We have kids ages 8 and 10, so don't need to be close to the bridge area since they are too tall for it. Will have a rental car and plan to do off site things about every other day (and relax and enjoy Aulani on the in between days!). It is our first visit and we are super excited!!

We are booked feb 11-20 in a poolside garden view studio - originally we started in a standard view for 1'night, ocean view for 2 nights then the rest of the time in the poolside garden view but our wait list came through so we are in the same room the whole time. Are there any 'bad' area's with this category? We don't usually do room requests but wondering if we need to here. First time to Hawaii and huge celebrations happening for us between milestone birthdays and me beating cancer!!! So looking to make this the perfect trip!!

Going to be squishy with 4 of us (myself, Dh, 21yo and 16yo boys) but a 1 bedroom wasn't available and I figured better to go and be squishy for 10 days then not go at all!!!
You may have already heard this idea, but with two boys that old in a studio, I would take a provision that allows one them to sleep on an inflatable mattress or something. My 20 year old DD slept on the sofa bed by herself; I can't imagine two boys that age both sleeping on it. The DVC studios are small; at least they have been at WDW. Enjoy your trip!!

We ended up with a studio for 4 of us - tried for a 1bdrm at the 7 month mark with no luck but figure we will be happy we are even going. My Q is do they sell air mattresses at the target or somewhere close to aulani? My boys are 16 and 21 and we usually take an air mattress with us but with suitcase limitations we are considering just buying one there.

My Q is do they sell air mattresses at the target or somewhere close to aulani? My boys are 16 and 21 and we usually take an air mattress with us but with suitcase limitations we are considering just buying one there.
I know that Target.com sells air mattresses, so if nothing else you could order from the website and pick it up at the Kapolei store. I wonder if you might even be able to order it and have it shipped directly to Aulani?

When are you going to Aulani, @BitsnBearsMom? We will be checking into Aulani on February 1 and will definitely be going by Target to pick up some groceries. If I remember (and that is a pretty big 'if' considering my memory skills), I'll look and see if the Kapolei Target carries air mattresses.

I know that Target.com sells air mattresses, so if nothing else you could order from the website and pick it up at the Kapolei store. I wonder if you might even be able to order it and have it shipped directly to Aulani?

When are you going to Aulani, @BitsnBearsMom? We will be checking into Aulani on February 1 and will definitely be going by Target to pick up some groceries. If I remember (and that is a pretty big 'if' considering my memory skills), I'll look and see if the Kapolei Target carries air mattresses.

We will be there feb 11-20. First time to Hawaii and a huge celebration trip for us. Dh's 50th, youngest ds' 16th and my 'I kicked cancer's butt' trip. I'll be the one with the almost bald head :). I have fluff growing finally after a very long year!!

The member from whom you are renting points will have to make the room request for you. I suggest you contact David's and ask them to forward your room request to the member.

Room requests seem to work best when they are somewhat broad and not room-specific. If you wanted to get a studio like 1479, I would request "High Floor, Ewa Building, Facing Ocean." If seeing the ocean was my first priority, I might request "Facing Ocean, High Floor, Ewa Building."

Thank you, good advice, will do!

We ended up with a studio for 4 of us - tried for a 1bdrm at the 7 month mark with no luck but figure we will be happy we are even going. My Q is do they sell air mattresses at the target or somewhere close to aulani? My boys are 16 and 21 and we usually take an air mattress with us but with suitcase limitations we are considering just buying one there.
You can look on the Target website, type in the zip code for the Kapolei store, and see if they stock air mattresses or whatever you need.

Oh, one more thing. How far in advance should I make this request through David's?

Back from our second stay at Aulani. Both times, we have had a Standard View Studio. Last visit was 765, which we loved. This time, we coincidentally ended up exactly two floors below, in 565. Turns out we were also very happy with this. Same convenient location and actually had more of an island view than I thought two floors below would have. A few pictures:

Looking down at the convention center:

Looking straight down - the water feature provided nice soothing sounds while on the balcony:

I see island views over the convention center:

We were there with several sets of relatives, so I got pictures of Island View Studio 566 as well and I will put them in the next post. My MIL & FIL stayed there and were very happy with it. They were across the hall and one door down from us, with a view of the Halawai Lawn and a peek at the ocean.

My SIL & BIL were in Standard View Studio 555. They were in the other half of the "V" from us, with a very similar view (we could see each other from our balconies). I didn't go over there or get pictures, but they said the room was nice, nothing super special.

My BIL's extended family had 2-Bedroom Island View #560, again across the hall and a couple doors down from us. I never got over there to see it, but they loved it and were very happy. I think their view was very similar to 566, which I will post next. I know they had a long balcony extending the length of the unit and were very excited to have that (they rented through David's and were very pleased with everything, by the way).

Here is the unit my in-laws stayed in, Island View Studio #566.

A glimpse of the ocean from the balcony:

Nice view of the Halawai Lawn:

They actually watched the Starlit Hui from their balcony. The view of the stage was largely obstructed by a palm tree, but they still enjoyed the music and what they could see of it.

Views to each side:

Seemed like a nice unit and good location. Always a treat to catch a glimpse of the ocean without paying for an Ocean View (or even Pool View) category room.

Thanks, Dugette, for your latest contributions to this thread! It had been almost four months since someone contributed view photos to the thread, so it was extra nice to get two villas at the same time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter