Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Here are several pics from 1550, a dedicated 2BR ocean view in the Ewa Tower. It was exactly what I requested.

Looking to the right:
P2020591.JPG

Straight out and a little to the right:
P2020593.JPG

Straight across looking at the Waianae Tower:
P2020594.JPG

Looking left toward the lagoon:
P2020595.JPG

Looking down at the Waikolohe Valley:
P2020598.JPG

More of the Waikolohe Valley:
P2020599.JPG

Looking left toward the ocean:
P2020600.JPG

Last edited:
Great pictures! That's exactly the location we had, but we were 3 floors down. Your pictures really brings me back. :)

Here are several pics from 1550, a dedicated 2BR ocean view in the Ewa Tower. It was exactly what I requested.
Thanks again, BobNed, for your contributions to the thread!

Are you still at Aulani? We are here until Tuesday and are down the hall from you.

Thanks again, BobNed, for your contributions to the thread!

Are you still at Aulani? We are here until Tuesday and are down the hall from you.
Darn Wil. We were there from Jan. 27 to Feb. 03. I didn't know you were there too. I wish I had known. Maybe next time...

Darn Wil. We were there from Jan. 27 to Feb. 03. I didn't know you were there too. I wish I had known. Maybe next time...
Darn! We arrived at Aulani on February 1, so we probably walked right past each other several times!

1578: Ocean View Studio

This is our third trip to Aulani. When we booked our stay, we contacted Member Services and requested a high floor with a villa number ending in **72, **78, or **84. We got exactly what we wanted: 1578, a studio that overlooks Aulani's Waikolohe Valley.

The villa is on the Ewa side of the resort. We have shade in the morning and sun in the afternoon, and we get to see the sunset. Villas on this part of the Ewa wing (villas **70 to **87) all have angled balconies. From prior visit, we have discovered that the studio layouts are slightly different between those with angled balconies and those with the non-angled balconies: The angled balcony studios get two nightstands by the bed, while the non-angled balconies have only one nightstand.

Here are some photos of our view from our balcony:

Looking to the left. The white building is the Four Seasons Resort, which is currently being renovated and is suppose to reopen in April. You can see Aulani's main pool in this photo

DSC_3895_zpszv9meimd.jpg

Looking to the right, down toward the lobby. The lobby is on the third floor and the Makahiki Restaurant is on the first floor. You can also see parts of the lazy river.

DSC_3945_zpsqszfzie3.jpg

Looking straight down from our balcony you can see the water slides. One of the water slides empties directly into the lazy river, so you can slide down Aulani's Volcano slide and then continue your journey on the lazy river.

DSC_3944_zps7kjm7iuc.jpg

DSC_3942_zps4kkh7lyf.jpg

Here is a view of the Ewa wing from the main pool. Our villa is two floors below and directly centered under the peak on left.

DSC_4115_zpsdvdpxfwm.jpg

Our trip has reaffirmed my belief that Aulani is the best of all the DVC resorts.

Last edited:
Staying this upcoming September and cannot decide on a pool view vs. oceanview studio. We usually travel in October, but from what I can see September is a slow time for tourism on the islands too.

I'd be fine with a floor 4-5 pool view or a floor 6 upwards ocean view as long as it looks toward the valley. I don't care for some of those 'ocean views' that look out towards the Marriott. The points difference is very minimal, 92 vs 100 points. We had to do a one bedroom last time and the standard view (759 which we added photos here) was fine for that trip with family, but for a couples trip we'd prefer a nice view of the pool as it is quite spectacular at night. It seems it is possible to request certain things that could help like "high floor' if pool view, or "ending in **72, **78, or **84" if oceanview. It seems there are more oceanview rooms with a 'pool view' so that is likely to be accommodated.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Last edited:

We had an ocean view 1578 see wdrl's post above for our view. He asked for a high floor with three sets of numbers xx72, xx78, xx84 (all studios) and we were assigned 1578. We were told the resort was only 65% full during the week (90% on weekends), per the front desk it was easy for the Room Assigner to give us our requests with so few guests. In the past we have had a pool/garden view on the third floor (of Menehue Bridge only), and an Ocean view in the Ewa building (phase 1) on the 11th floor which has the full sized balcony and faces the ocean head on. For both of those views we specifically asked for a view of the Waikolohe Valley pool area. But for our January 2016 trip we dropped that request and specifically said high floor with certain room numbers. DH wanted a studio that had two night stands in our studio, only the rooms with angled balconies have them plus view the Waikolohe Valley pool area.

Just remember that the pool/garden rooms start on the first floor. So you might only see foliage, or even a wall if facing the lazy river down low.

Sitting on our balcony listening to the live music being played at 'Olelo Room or on the terrace in front of A'ma A'ma enjoying cheese and crackers with a glass of wine or an alcoholic beverage really was perfect for us.

Just to get you enthused here were our night views of Waikokolhe Valley.

DSC_3968_zpsaszpfdkk.jpg

DSC_3970_zpsktxl45w1.jpg

Last edited:
We have our first trip to Aulani coming up in June and have a 2-bedroom lock-off with an ocean view. I have not made any room requests yet. I have tried reading through this thread, but all the different buildings confuse me! So much easier at our home VGC where there are only 50 rooms. ;) So if anyone could lead me in the right direction or give me some specific suggestions, that would be wonderful! Thank you! :goodvibes

We have our first trip to Aulani coming up in June and have a 2-bedroom lock-off with an ocean view. I have not made any room requests yet. I have tried reading through this thread, but all the different buildings confuse me! So much easier at our home VGC where there are only 50 rooms. ;) So if anyone could lead me in the right direction or give me some specific suggestions, that would be wonderful! Thank you! :goodvibes

There are only 2 towers at Aulani. :) Ewa tower is to your left if you're facing the lagoon, Waianae is to your right. I think the most important request is higher floor. You don't want to be just above the tree line.

I prefer facing Waikolohe Valley (the center of the resort with the pools, lazy river, etc), I think most other people do as well for the ocean view category. If you're not facing Waikolohe Valley, then you probably have views of the hotels next door (Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club next to the Ewa tower, the new Four Seasons next to the Waianae tower). The parking structure is next to the Waianae tower, so you might see part of that too.

There are also different balcony types - one long connected one or 3 separate angled ones. If you have a preference, then you'll probably need to get more specific with ending unit numbers.

You guys are killing me! My husband and I have the 3 bedroom grand villa, 2 of the 2-bedroom villas and a studio villa (renewing our vows with our whole family), but one of the 2-bedroom ones my sisters are in is a pool view. So I had to sacrifice a bit to have us close together, and instead requested 501. Dying with all these 15th floor views and thinking of being selfish and changing it!

I love these pictures BobNed and DenLo. They make me want to be there right now! Okay we are planning for October this year. We need a one bedroom accessible villa. (My DBF and co-owner has had both hips and one knee replaced.) We want an ocean view. Does anyone know where the accessible villas are located?

I love these pictures BobNed and DenLo. They make me want to be there right now! Okay we are planning for October this year. We need a one bedroom accessible villa. (My DBF and co-owner has had both hips and one knee replaced.) We want an ocean view. Does anyone know where the accessible villas are located?

There's a list of accessible villas towards the end of post #1. The amount of information in that first post is really amazing.

WOW! Room 1204 is beautiful! We'll be staying here for the first time this Sept. Is this view considered overlooking the Waikolohe Valley?? We have a studio villa ocean view booked. Thanks so much everyone for all of the great pics!:love::-) April

WOW! Room 1204 is beautiful! We'll be staying here for the first time this Sept. Is this view considered overlooking the Waikolohe Valley?? We have a studio villa ocean view booked. Thanks so much everyone for all of the great pics!:love::-) April
Yes, villa #1204 overlooks the Waikolohe Valley.

Hi! I live on Oahu (born, raised and stuck here lol), single mom of two boys. Since the day Aulani was open still haven't been able to take my kids. Can anyone help me find information on booking here that won't cost me $249 or more a night??? Mahalo Nui Loa (Thank you very much)

Hi! I live on Oahu (born, raised and stuck here lol), single mom of two boys. Since the day Aulani was open still haven't been able to take my kids. Can anyone help me find information on booking here that won't cost me $249 or more a night??? Mahalo Nui Loa (Thank you very much) party:

Aulani often has offers for locals, you might want to check out their website from time to time. Even renting DVC points from a member it will cost anywhere was $12 to $15 per point and during the cheapest season you might be able to get a studio that sleeps four for that same price. There is a rental thread here on the DISboards or you could use David's Rentals. But prime vacation periods for the kids from school you will pay more because the points are higher per night. Good luck.

Can anyone tell me if villas ending in XX60 and XX61 in the Ewa building are adversely affected by the elevators and laundry room? The map makes it look like there might be a little separation but I'm concerned about the noise. I'm thinking about requesting these for an island view dedicated 2 bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter