Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Can anyone confirm if the tubs in the Studio Villas are larger than a "normal" sized hotel tub? Not looking for jetted or anything but a larger soaking tub is always nice. Thanks!

Can anyone confirm if the tubs in the Studio Villas are larger than a "normal" sized hotel tub? Not looking for jetted or anything but a larger soaking tub is always nice. Thanks!
No, the Aulani studio tubs are normal size. We have been in three different studios, each in a different area of the resort, and they all have the same bathroom layout and tub.

Here are a couple photos showing the tubs in two of our studios. They aren't great photos, but I think you'll agree the tubs look to be normal size tubs.

DSC_3925_zpspzclhuur.jpg

DSCN7303_zps766a46de.jpg

Getting ready to book our first visit even though we have owned since 2012!

What is the difference/benefit to choosing between the two bedroom villa or the two bedroom lock off?

TIA!

Getting ready to book our first visit even though we have owned since 2012!

What is the difference/benefit to choosing between the two bedroom villa or the two bedroom lock off?

TIA!
The two-bedroom villa and the two-bedroom lock-off have many features that are similar. But there are some differences:

The two-bedroom villa has two queen size beds in the second bedroom. The lock-off (which is a one-bedroom with a connected studio) has one queen bed and a pull-out sofa in the second bedroom.

The lock-off has a kitchenette (microwave, mini fridge, sink) in the second bedroom. There is no kitchenette in the second bedroom of the two-bedroom villa.

The lock-off has a pull down Murphy bed in the living room. There is no Murphy bed in the two-bedroom villas. (Note: This arrangement is unique to Aulani).

The two bedroom villa has only one exterior access door to the hallway via the living room area. The lock-off has two exterior access doors, one from the living room area and one from the second bedroom.

As to which accommodation is 'better', a lot depends on your travel group. If you have little kids, maybe its best to book a two-bedroom. That way you don't have to worry about the kids opening the second door. Some people prefer having two real beds in the second bedroom. Others prefer having having the extra kitchenette. A while back we booked a lock-off and let our nephew and his family have the "1 bedroom" portion, which included the full kitchen, laundry, and living room, while my wife and I took the "studio" portion. This allowed us to enter and leave our portion without disturbing our relatives, and vice versa.

Just to add one more thing to what wdrl posted above, the dedicated two bedroom has a sleeper chair in the living room (but no pull down Murphy bed as he said).

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation. Makes sense to just think of it as two separate accommodations with an adjoining door.

The two-bedroom villa and the two-bedroom lock-off have many features that are similar. But there are some differences:

The two-bedroom villa has two queen size beds in the second bedroom. The lock-off (which is a one-bedroom with a connected studio) has one queen bed and a pull-out sofa in the second bedroom.

The lock-off has a kitchenette (microwave, mini fridge, sink) in the second bedroom. There is no kitchenette in the second bedroom of the two-bedroom villa.

The lock-off has a pull down Murphy bed in the living room. There is no Murphy bed in the two-bedroom villas. (Note: This arrangement is unique to Aulani).

The two bedroom villa has only one exterior access door to the hallway via the living room area. The lock-off has two exterior access doors, one from the living room area and one from the second bedroom.

As to which accommodation is 'better', a lot depends on your travel group. If you have little kids, maybe its best to book a two-bedroom. That way you don't have to worry about the kids opening the second door. Some people prefer having two real beds in the second bedroom. Others prefer having having the extra kitchenette. A while back we booked a lock-off and let our nephew and his family have the "1 bedroom" portion, which included the full kitchen, laundry, and living room, while my wife and I took the "studio" portion. This allowed us to enter and leave our portion without disturbing our relatives, and vice versa.

I haven't had a chance yet to read all 81 pages. Never expected to ever go to Aulani let alone Hawaii but it now looks possible for January, 2017. My daughter is very familiar with the islands in general but only went to Aulani once and stayed only 2 nights. She stayed in a very expensive OV, something we will not be able to do.

My question: What would be better in your opinion......a DVC Studio (I am a member) or a Hotel Room? I know DVC has a pull out couch and cute kitchenette and the other has 2 queen beds and a coffee maker (I presume).
Is the DVC building in poor location?

We will only be there for 4 nights and then on to Maui. I am very nervous about it all, to be honest. (The long plane ride from the Midwest).

PLEASE may I have a opinion? I thank you in advance.

I haven't had a chance yet to read all 81 pages. Never expected to ever go to Aulani let alone Hawaii but it now looks possible for January, 2017. My daughter is very familiar with the islands in general but only went to Aulani once and stayed only 2 nights. She stayed in a very expensive OV, something we will not be able to do.

My question: What would be better in your opinion......a DVC Studio (I am a member) or a Hotel Room? I know DVC has a pull out couch and cute kitchenette and the other has 2 queen beds and a coffee maker (I presume).
Is the DVC building in poor location?

We will only be there for 4 nights and then on to Maui. I am very nervous about it all, to be honest. (The long plane ride from the Midwest).

PLEASE may I have a opinion? I thank you in advance.
I haven't been yet, but would 2 queen beds be helpful to you instead of a bed and a sofabed? The kitchenette would be a huge benefit to me.

I haven't been yet, but would 2 queen beds be helpful to you instead of a bed and a sofabed? The kitchenette would be a huge benefit to me.
Though have never been crazy about the DVC sofa beds, I have really loved the little kitchenette if for no other reason than the sink and the roomier feeling. I am just concerned that DVC is much further away from main lobby as it is at several WDW properties.

Though have never been crazy about the DVC sofa beds, I have really loved the little kitchenette if for no other reason than the sink and the roomier feeling. I am just concerned that DVC is much further away from main lobby as it is at several WDW properties.
None of the rooms (hotel and DVC Villas) are very far from the lobby. The two wings of Aulani surround the pool valley, so it's easy to get anywhere in the resort with just a few minutes walking.

None of the rooms (hotel and DVC Villas) are very far from the lobby. The two wings of Aulani surround the pool valley, so it's easy to get anywhere in the resort with just a few minutes walking.
That sounds good. Thank you!

Villa 1075: Island view Dedicated 2-bedroom
(Still figuring out how to post pix from my iPhone. Will post pix as soon as I can). We just came back from an awesome 9 day/8 night stay at the beautiful Aulani. Requested a high floor in the Ewa building facing the Hanawai lawn and got exactly that PLUS a nice ocean view to the right of the lanai!

Last edited:
We stayed in a 2-bedroom lock-off ocean view June 8-15. Ewa tower, rooms 1458 and 1456. I am posting pictures in http://www.disboards.com/threads/trip-report-hale-koa-6-6-to-6-8-and-aulani-6-8-to-6-15.3521757/
Thanks for sharing your photos and your trip report! I've added links to your photos to Post #1 of this this thread.

Its debatable whether the villas with the straight balconies or the villas with the angled balconies have more space. Personally, I prefer the studios with the angled balconies because they have two nightstands by the bed. The studios with the straight balconies have only one nightstand. I've never stayed in the one- or two-bedroom villa so I don't know if there are any other subtle differences for those types of accommodations.

Thanks for sharing your photos and your trip report! I've added links to your photos to Post #1 of this this thread.

Its debatable whether the villas with the straight balconies or the villas with the angled balconies have more space. Personally, I prefer the studios with the angled balconies because they have two nightstands by the bed. The studios with the straight balconies have only one nightstand. I've never stayed in the one- or two-bedroom villa so I don't know if there are any other subtle differences for those types of accommodations.
Interesting! Yes, there was only the night stand on the side of the bed in our studio as well, in between the bed and the night stand. That would bug me as well! Oh boys however didn't care . . one was on the bed, and one on the sofa bed. In fact, the one on the sofa bed never even pulled the bed out (weird, but whatever! He's an adult so that's his choice, right? ;-) )

I'm hoping to get some advice here. We are not dvc members, but we are Hoping to goto Aulani next summer. The problem is we are a family of five so most options are very expensive. Would it be cheaper to rent someone's dvc points? I've never rented points before either, is that difficult? Thanks for advice

I'm hoping to get some advice here. We are not dvc members, but we are Hoping to goto Aulani next summer. The problem is we are a family of five so most options are very expensive. Would it be cheaper to rent someone's dvc points? I've never rented points before either, is that difficult? Thanks for advice
Yes, Aulani is an expensive resort. The good news is that renting DVC points is easy and almost always is a less expensive option for you. There are different size villas to accommodate your needs. A studio will have a queen size bed and a queen size sleeper sofa. It will sleep 4 plus one child under 3. A one bedroom villa will have a king size bed in the bedroom and a queen size sleeper sofa and a pull-down bunk size bed which will fit a child or shorter person (probably 5' 4" or so) in the living room. A two bedroom has the queen in the master and two queens in the second bedroom, plus the queen sleeper and a twin size sleeper chair (or a pull down bunk bed in a lock-off 2 BR) in the living room. The one bedroom sleeps 5, the two bedroom sleeps up to 9.

You can rent from a broker like David's DVC Rentals or you can rent from an individual owner. Many prefer the brokers because the lend a better sense of trust. David's site had all the information you need to help you make a decision about renting points with no obligation.

https://www.dvcrequest.com/dvc-rentals.asp

Yes, Aulani is an expensive resort. The good news is that renting DVC points is easy and almost always is a less expensive option for you. There are different size villas to accommodate your needs. A studio will have a queen size bed and a queen size sleeper sofa. It will sleep 4 plus one child under 3. A one bedroom villa will have a king size bed in the bedroom and a queen size sleeper sofa and a pull-down bunk size bed which will fit a child or shorter person (probably 5' 4" or so) in the living room. A two bedroom has the queen in the master and two queens in the second bedroom, plus the queen sleeper and a twin size sleeper chair (or a pull down bunk bed in a lock-off 2 BR) in the living room. The one bedroom sleeps 5, the two bedroom sleeps up to 9.

You can rent from a broker like David's DVC Rentals or you can rent from an individual owner. Many prefer the brokers because the lend a better sense of trust. David's site had all the information you need to help you make a decision about renting points with no obligation.

https://www.dvcrequest.com/dvc-rentals.asp
Thank you so much! This is very helpful.

wdrl, thanks again for such a great thread. So much work. Thanks as well to all who have posted.

Does anyone remember a map which lists the cabanas by number? Thanks.

wdrl, thanks again for such a great thread. So much work. Thanks as well to all who have posted.

Does anyone remember a map which lists the cabanas by number? Thanks.
Thanks for your comments, and an extra thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread.

I don't have a map of the Aulani cabanas, but I can tell you where they are and their numbering system.

Here is an article with photos of the cabanas: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...ulani-disney-vacation-club-villas#prettyPhoto. Although its from November 2013, the information about location is still valid.

Cabanas #1 and #2 are located next to the Menehune water play area. These cabanas are ideal for groups that may have little kids who spend a lot of time at the Menehune water play area.

Cabanas #3, #4, and #5 are located at the Ka Maka Landing area and they face the grotto and family pool. Although they are very close to grotto and family pool, there are several rows of deck loungers between the cabanas and the pools. Since the sightline from the cabanas to the pool can be obscured by other guests, it may be difficult for parents to continually watch kids playing in the grotto or family pool. The article above has photos showing the view from these cabanas.By the way, the cabanas are numbered from left to right as you face the cabanas.

Cabanas #6, #7, and #8 are located near the adult Wailana Pool. Since this is an adult pool limited to guests 18 years of age or older, these cabanas will not work for groups with younger members.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter