• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Got back on Sunday and have finally recovered! We were very fortunate to get our first choice (room number level) and our room was ready when we arrived at 1:30 on Saturday.

The only negative about this view was no sunset but the adult hot tub worked well as a substitute:thumbsup2

We stayed 3/14-3/18 in a 2 Queen Hotel room. Wainea Building #540. We got our request of highest pool view floor. We enjoyed it. DH was happy with a pool view instead of island view. I'm glad I sprung for the upgrade!

Thanks, baileysgm and kkmcan! I've added your villas to the list.

Question for kkmcan: Did you use points to book the hotel room or did you pay cash? DVC members can book hotel rooms at Aulani using points, but I think only Standard View hotel rooms are available to members.

We stayed in 671, a 1-bedroom villa in the Ewa Tower with an "Island Gardens View".

Loved it! Close to the elevators that exit to the pool next to the Pau Hana Room. From both lanais, you have a good view of the Hālāwai Lawn, so you can enjoy the Starlit Hui and other events from your own room. Bonus: the view included the ocean, as would any rooms with same orientation on higher floors.

View%20from%20Aulani%20671.jpg

Thanks, baileysgm and kkmcan! I've added your villas to the list.

Question for kkmcan: Did you use points to book the hotel room or did you pay cash? DVC members can book hotel rooms at Aulani using points, but I think only Standard View hotel rooms are available to members.

We did the 4th night free deal and paid cash. We aren't DVC members and it still would have been a lot more money to rent points for a 1 bedroom villa. The studio really would have been to small for us with 2 teens.

We stayed in 671, a 1-bedroom villa in the Ewa Tower with an "Island Gardens View".

[/IMG]

Thanks, Mogsdad. I've added your villa to the list. As your photo shows, the Island View villas in the Ewa Building Long Wing with the odd room numbers could have a view of the ocean, especially if you are on a higher floor.

We leave in forty three days. I'm going to re-read this thread so I can make/ renew my room request. We have an one bedroom OV reserved. Any advice is always welcome. This thread is great. Thanks to all especially the OP.

We leave in forty three days. I'm going to re-read this thread so I can make/ renew my room request. We have an one bedroom OV reserved. Any advice is always welcome. This thread is great. Thanks to all especially the OP.

My personal preference is to overlook the Waikolohe Valley, the home of Aulani's main pool and lazy river. I like hearing the morning chant (around 7:00 AM) to welcome the new day, as well as the music the plays in the Valley from 7:00 AM to about 6:00 PM. I'd also like to get a villa on a high floor. However, Ocean View villas are no lower than the 6th floor, which isn't that bad. The villas that overlook the Waikolohe Valley are the Waianae Building (even numbers xx02-xx12), the Ewa Building Phase 1 (even numbers xx50-58), and the Ewa Building Long Wing (even numbers xx70-xx86).

Some people prefer a more quiet setting away from the sounds of the Waikolohe Valley, so they might prefer a villa that is on the Ewa Building Short Wing (even numbers xx60-xx68) or the Ewa Building Long Wing (odd numbers xx81-xx85). These villas overlook the lawn upon which the Starlit Hui show is performed, so that is an added bonus. The villas overlooking the Wailana Adult Pool (Waianae Building, odd numbers xx03-xx13) also should be fairly quiet. The Ocean View villas that overlook the Wailana Pool are no lower than the 8th floor.

By the way, the Aulani villas have pretty good sound proofing. We had a Pool View Studio (#304) overlooking the Menehune Bridge Water Play area. During the day, it was noisy with the sounds of running water and playful kids. But when we closed our balcony door the sounds were almost completely muffled.

Enjoy your stay at Aulani!

Thanks WDRL. An OV overlooking the valley is exactly what we want for all the same reasons you mention. Thanks again for starting this great thread!

SUCH BEAUTIFUL PICS!

Thanks again for posting!:):)

We have Island View! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1:

We leave in 27 days and am so excited! We have an oceanview studio and am praying for an awesome view since we are celebrating mom's 65th birthday and this is her bucket list trip.

It is very sad that I got laid off on Monday, but now I have plenty of time to join her on the trip, just have to watch my spending. :) When one door closes another opens, and mine is opening to Hawaii!

It is very sad that I got laid off on Monday, but now I have plenty of time to join her on the trip, just have to watch my spending. :) When one door closes another opens, and mine is opening to Hawaii!

That's the Aloha spirit! :-)

We leave in 27 days and am so excited! We have an oceanview studio and am praying for an awesome view since we are celebrating mom's 65th birthday and this is her bucket list trip.

Love your attitude Shorty! Another door will open and you’ll step through it relaxed and refreshed from your trip to Hawaii!

Pixie dust your way! pixiedust:

Shortypots...Wishing you the BEST OF LUCK in finding a new job and ALL THE BEST OF HAPPINESS on your AULANI TRIP with your family!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

This will hopefully give you a chance to refresh and plan your NEW FUTURE!

Hope that many doors OPEN FOR YOU!:cool1::banana::banana::wizard:

Could not see the pic of 1462...
Can't wait to see the view!:banana:

HOPE THAT YOU HAVE AN AWESOME VACA...ENJOY!:):cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter