Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Sorry for confusion. The correct number of Aulani lockoffs is 245. Also, the modified lock villa that was reduced to a stand-alone dedicated studio is an Island View studio, not a Standard View as shown in the chart in Post #1.

The one-bedroom villa that was removed from the Aulani condo association was Villa #171, which is one the first floor in the Ewa Building Phase 3 Long Wing. The stand-alone dedicated studio is Villa #173.

I have corrected the chart in Post #1. Thanks for pointing out the error.
Thanks! No problem.

I was not expecting a standard view, dedicated 2 bedroom for our trip in October to be available but since it is, I booked it as it will save us a lot of points. Am I correct in assuming based on the placement of these rooms that they all have a long balcony?

We had a 1 bedroom OV last trip and while I absolutely loved it, I feel like we do enough out and about at the resort that I could live without it since we need the bigger room this time. Was strongly leaning towards IV but I am concerned about the construction situation at the old Marriott/ new Four Seasons property that will more than likely be taking place during our trip. Seems like at least with a standard view room, I will not be looking at construction as my understanding of your VERY helpful maps is that all standard view rooms (with the exception of the GV) are in the Ewa building.

This thread has been a great resource the last 2 trips so thank you so much for keeping it current!

Booked an ocean view studio for the honeymoon of my daughter and new son-in-law for three days in mid-September. This is their first stop and they will be moving on to other islands. I want to make sure they don't have a view of construction. Any thoughts on the best location would be very appreciated :) Thank you!

I was not expecting a standard view, dedicated 2 bedroom for our trip in October to be available but since it is, I booked it as it will save us a lot of points. Am I correct in assuming based on the placement of these rooms that they all have a long balcony?

This thread has been a great resource the last 2 trips so thank you so much for keeping it current!

Yes, you are correct: All the Standard View villas at Aulani have the non-angled balcony.

It wasn't until our second trip to Aulani that I realized that, at least for the studios, there is a bit of a difference in the furniture in a studio with an angled balcony versus a studio with a non-angled balcony. Our first trip was in Villa #304, which has an angled balcony. It had two nightstands by the bed. For our second trip, we stayed in Villa #1154, which has a non-angled balcony. That villa had only one nightstand by the bed and there was only about 15"-18" of clearance between the bed and the wall, just like many of the studios at the WDW resorts. I wonder if there are other furniture differences in the one- and two-bedroom villas depending on whether they have angled or non-angled balconies?

I'm glad to hear this thread has been useful to you! We owe it all to the Aulani visitors who have taken the time to share their photos with us.

Booked an ocean view studio for the honeymoon of my daughter and new son-in-law for three days in mid-September. This is their first stop and they will be moving on to other islands. I want to make sure they don't have a view of construction. Any thoughts on the best location would be very appreciated :) Thank you!

Aulani doesn't have any construction planned for the near future. Although the Four Seasons is taking over the resort next to Aulani, I haven't heard or seen any reports about its construction plans or schedule. The Four Seasons might be doing some interior renovations, which should have minimal impact on Aulani's guests.

The odd-numbered rooms in the Waianae Building (xx03-xx13) face toward the Four Seasons property, so those villas are the ones most susceptible to issues with construction from the Four Seasons. The even-numbered villas in the Ewa Building Long Wing (xx70-xx86) can also see the Four Seasons property, but they are a bit further away than the Waianea Building. Besides, the xx70-xx86 villas offer great views of Aulani's Waikolohe Valley (home to the main pool and lazy river) plus great views of the sunset.

We would be happy with any location as long as we overlook the Waikolohe Valley. We just booked an Ocean View studio for our third trip to Aulani and we requested a high floor, villa ending in xx72, xx78, or xx84. We have been in the Waianea Building and in the Ewa Building Phase 1, so now we want to try the Ewa Building Long Wing.

It wasn't until our second trip to Aulani that I realized that, at least for the studios, there is a bit of a difference in the furniture in a studio with an angled balcony versus a studio with a non-angled balcony. Our first trip was in Villa #304, which has an angled balcony. It had two nightstands by the bed. For our second trip, we stayed in Villa #1154, which has a non-angled balcony. That villa had only one nightstand by the bed and there was only about 15"-18" of clearance between the bed and the wall, just like many of the studios at the WDW resorts. I wonder if there are other furniture differences in the one- and two-bedroom villas depending on whether they have angled or non-angled balconies?
I have only stayed in 1 bedrooms but it did feel as though the 1 bedroom SV in the short wing Ewa building (long balcony) had a slightly different layout than the 1 bedroom OV in the Long wing Ewa building (2 small balconies). I will try to pay closer attention to the 2 bedroom layout and post room pics when we get back.

I have been enjoying this thread. Thank you so all who contribute and especially to WDRL.... My family is hoping to visit Aulani in June 2016. This will be our 1st trip to Hawaii. We will be celebrating my two sons graduation, college and high school. My 3 sons will be 22, 18 and 16 at the time of our trip. Since, I do not know if we will be able to get back to Hawaii for a 2nd visit in the future all together, I figure we will go all out for this vacation. I am hoping to book a 2 bedroom OV for 7 nights. Is the Ewe building the newest one? And of course we would love a high floor. We are also planning on visiting the Big Island of Hawaii after Aulani for 5 nights. We are also planning on stopping in San Francisco for 3-4 nights on the way back. My boys have always wanted to go there, plus I have an old friend who lives there.

I will be stalking this thread for the next year, absorbing all the advice and information I can get.

A few questions? Are 2 bedroom OV hard to get at 7 months? How are the crowds around early/mid June? How is the weather in June? Recommendations on air carriers from Honolulu to Hawaii? Thinking about renting a condo on the Big Island, Kona area. Any advice for Big Island?

We will be renting a car on both islands.

Thanks again to everyone for your review, advice and opinions.

I have been enjoying this thread. Thank you so all who contribute and especially to WDRL.... My family is hoping to visit Aulani in June 2016. This will be our 1st trip to Hawaii. We will be celebrating my two sons graduation, college and high school. My 3 sons will be 22, 18 and 16 at the time of our trip. Since, I do not know if we will be able to get back to Hawaii for a 2nd visit in the future all together, I figure we will go all out for this vacation. I am hoping to book a 2 bedroom OV for 7 nights. Is the Ewe building the newest one? And of course we would love a high floor. We are also planning on visiting the Big Island of Hawaii after Aulani for 5 nights. We are also planning on stopping in San Francisco for 3-4 nights on the way back. My boys have always wanted to go there, plus I have an old friend who lives there.

I will be stalking this thread for the next year, absorbing all the advice and information I can get.

A few questions? Are 2 bedroom OV hard to get at 7 months? How are the crowds around early/mid June? How is the weather in June? Recommendations on air carriers from Honolulu to Hawaii? Thinking about renting a condo on the Big Island, Kona area. Any advice for Big Island?

I can't answer all your questions but let me comment on availability. In Aulani's short history, June has seen unusually heavy demand. Its the start of the American summer vacation period, so there are more families traveling to Hawaii. Perhaps more importantly, most of June has been in a cheaper season than July and August; thus, many members try to save points by booking dates in June rather than in July or August. In 2016, the seasonal disparity between June and the rest of the summer will become even more pronounced. Aulani's point chart underwent a reallocation in 2016 and July and much of August are now part of the more expensive Premier Season. An Ocean View two-bedroom that costs 483 points a week from May 6 through June 26 jumps to 588 points beginning June 27. See this DVCNews article for more info about Aulani's 2016 point reallocation. This change might put even more demand on the villas in early and mid June.

If you are flexible with your dates, I think you'll still have a good chance of getting an Ocean View two-bedroom in June 2016. But I would make sure to book as soon as your 7-month window opens.

If you are going to San Francisco and are a fan of Disney, consider adding a visit to the Walt Disney Family Museum. We visited WDFM in October 2013 and thought it was well worth the visit.

We just rented a house on the Big island from VRBO. Not going until 2016, but wanted that one for sure. There were tons of condos and houses on that site.

We just rented a house on the Big island from VRBO. Not going until 2016, but wanted that one for sure. There were tons of condos and houses on that site.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I have been looking in that site and Flip Key to get a feel for the rentals. I was thinking of a house, but I figure we would be so active that maybe just a condo. All the best with your trip.

I can't answer all your questions but let me comment on availability. In Aulani's short history, June has seen unusually heavy demand. Its the start of the American summer vacation period, so there are more families traveling to Hawaii. Perhaps more importantly, most of June has been in a cheaper season than July and August; thus, many members try to save points by booking dates in June rather than in July or August. In 2016, the seasonal disparity between June and the rest of the summer will become even more pronounced. Aulani's point chart underwent a reallocation in 2016 and July and much of August are now part of the more expensive Premier Season. An Ocean View two-bedroom that costs 483 points a week from May 6 through June 26 jumps to 588 points beginning June 27. See this DVCNews article for more info about Aulani's 2016 point reallocation. This change might put even more demand on the villas in early and mid June.

If you are flexible with your dates, I think you'll still have a good chance of getting an Ocean View two-bedroom in June 2016. But I would make sure to book as soon as your 7-month window opens.

If you are going to San Francisco and are a fan of Disney, consider adding a visit to the Walt Disney Family Museum. We visited WDFM in October 2013 and thought it was well worth the visit.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I saw the difference in points. That was one of my reason for early June, plus in NJ and most of NE schools are not out till the end of June. My sons all done by end of May and first week of June. I will be all over that 7 month window. I also notice most people talk about studios and 1 bedrooms, so I am hoping more 2 bedrooms will be available. I also can book separate accommodations if necessary, since my boys are older.

Thanks for the info regarding thee museum, it sounds like a must see.☺️

Aulani doesn't have any construction planned for the near future. Although the Four Seasons is taking over the resort next to Aulani, I haven't heard or seen any reports about its construction plans or schedule. The Four Seasons might be doing some interior renovations, which should have minimal impact on Aulani's guests.

The odd-numbered rooms in the Waianae Building (xx03-xx13) face toward the Four Seasons property, so those villas are the ones most susceptible to issues with construction from the Four Seasons. The even-numbered villas in the Ewa Building Long Wing (xx70-xx86) can also see the Four Seasons property, but they are a bit further away than the Waianea Building. Besides, the xx70-xx86 villas offer great views of Aulani's Waikolohe Valley (home to the main pool and lazy river) plus great views of the sunset.

We would be happy with any location as long as we overlook the Waikolohe Valley. We just booked an Ocean View studio for our third trip to Aulani and we requested a high floor, villa ending in xx72, xx78, or xx84. We have been in the Waianea Building and in the Ewa Building Phase 1, so now we want to try the Ewa Building Long Wing.

Thank you! I'm going to make that same request so they have a sunset view :-)

This is the views from our ocean view studio 911. Downside is the construction/renovation noise at the resort next door is quite loud.image.jpg

We are thinking of staying here this summer and are a family of five. Do they offer rollaway beds instead of the bunk bed under the tv option?

We are thinking of staying here this summer and are a family of five. Do they offer rollaway beds instead of the bunk bed under the tv option?
As far as I know, Aulani does not offer any rollaway beds, cots, or other portable beds in the DVC villas.

As far as I know, Aulani does not offer any rollaway beds, cots, or other portable beds in the DVC villas.
I agree with wdrl. The DVC villas don't offer them, but the hotel might. If you are thinking of a regular hotel room, you may want to call and ask.

We have a one bedroom ocean view villa booked for June 2015. Will we find out our villa number prior to departure or do you only find out when you arrive?

Thanks!

We have a one bedroom ocean view villa booked for June 2015. Will we find out our villa number prior to departure or do you only find out when you arrive?

Thanks!
DVC never lets you know your villa number until you check in and the villa has been cleaned and ready for you to move in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter