Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Thanks, Cinderpamela, for sharing your photos. In just 33 days we'll be checking into a Pool View Studio and I keep wondering which villa we will get.

We put in a request for 5th floor, when we arrived at check in they said they had a 1st floor available right away, but if I was willing to wait the 5th floor request could be granted.... I told them that I was for sure willing to wait! So definitely request 5th floor, it was a really nice view!

Wow, that would tick me off to no end to pay the points for an ocean view and get this room! I have to think that at some point in the future they are going to have to redo the points charts to account for rooms that have views like this.

Totally agree. I am so frustrated trying to decide between an ocean view or pool view. I want one of those great ocean views from the inside courtyard area, not an obscure view of a building with the ocean way in the distant. I would be ticked too.

We stayed in room 1612 at Aulani last week. It was an excellent 1BR ocean view villa with awesome views. Glad we decided on ocean view as kids really loved it especially on the top floor.

View of ocean:
0ed9c2be.jpg

View looking down:
f27e432f.jpg

View looking forward:
c37b71ee.jpg

Door:
b51ec9cd.jpg

Enjoying everyone's posts. Planning to do Aulani in summer 2014 or 2015. I was planning on booking an island view...but seeing everyone's pool and ocean view pictures are making me rethink. Can't wait to see more room views! I love planning...it is half the fun of the trip!:goodvibes

We're going in March - doing 8 nights in a studio, ocean view, then for the last 3 nights, switching over to a 1BR standard view (not sure what we'll be viewing, but the 1BR will be nice).

What is the highest floor for a 1 bedroom standard view? And which building should I request?
I''d rather stretch my points for more Hawaii vacations in the future. We've been to HNL 4 times now and didn't care that much about views from the room (cause I can just take the elevator down to enjoy it). :)

What is the highest floor for a 1 bedroom standard view? And which building should I request?
I''d rather stretch my points for more Hawaii vacations in the future. We've been to HNL 4 times now and didn't care that much about views from the room (cause I can just take the elevator down to enjoy it). :)

The Standard View villas,which include some one-bedrooms, are on floors 4 through 7 in the Ewa Building and on floors 3 through 7 in the soon to be opened Phase 3 portion of the Ewa Building.

By the way, we just checked into Aulani this morning and are waiting for our room. A DVC Guide said they expect the Phase 3 Building to open by January 2013.

Hey wdrl,

Thanks for all of your hard work on this thread. I hope you are enjoying your trip. I will be following you on DVC News as well. We just left Aulani 6 days ago and I cannot wait to go back. Good luck with your room assignment. I am hoping for the best for you. You deserve it. I will post a picture of my room view when I can figure out how to do so. Enjoy!! :yay:

The Standard View villas,which include some one-bedrooms, are on floors 4 through 7 in the Ewa Building and on floors 3 through 7 in the soon to be opened Phase 3 portion of the Waianae Building.

By the way, we just checked into Aulani this morning and are waiting for our room. A DVC Guide said they expect the Phase 3 Building to open by January 2013.

wdrl....we were told last week while at Aulani that Starlit Hui is being moved. If you can, see if the new location for Starlit Hui is the grassy area between Ewa and the valet parking. It would be nice to watch this from your balcony of the Standard/Island view rooms.

wdrl....we were told last week while at Aulani that Starlit Hui is being moved. If you can, see if the new location for Starlit Hui is the grassy area between Ewa and the valet parking. It would be nice to watch this from your balcony of the Standard/Island view rooms.

I'll find out and report back later.

Has anyone stayed in a room that was HA accessible? We booked a 2 bedroom lockoff for December, and the studio is supposed to be accessible...pool view. When I called Aulani about this a few months ago, they said the pool view HA rooms were on the 4th and 5th floor. Hoping someone has stayed in one- it might be that the studio just has bars on the tub, or a roll-in shower. Just wondering which studio it will be!

The Standard View villas,which include some one-bedrooms, are on floors 4 through 7 in the Ewa Building and on floors 3 through 7 in the soon to be opened Phase 3 portion of the Waianae Building.

Would love your opinion since you are currently there, please? We are not DVC - booked thru AA Vacations for Oct 12 arrival. AA has offered to move us to another property due to construction and cannot credit us the 2 nights currently being offered. Would you stay with the construction you are currently seeing? Or let them move you to a Waikiki resort? Thanks for your opinion and enjoy! Mahalo!

We stayed in an island view studio last week. It was #1655--on the 16th floor in the Ewa building. Our DD and her DH stayed in #1657 which was a studio right next door. Both were lockoff studios and were adjacent to each other but not connecting.

This is the view to the left off our balcony:
IMG_5579.jpg

This is the view straight ahead:
IMG_5578.jpg

This is the view to the right off our balcony:
IMG_5577.jpg

Not the best views but we weren't really in the room that much! Just down the hall by the elevator there was a great view of the pool area and ocean. Unfortunately, my pictures didn't turn out as great as the view really was in person.

We just got back and I will use you view shots since you were right above us,,,we were in 1157. Nice studio room, very quiet at night, close to elevator. Like you we were not to concerned with the view since we were not in the room much either. We did like seeing the sunrise over the cloud covered mountains though.

I talked to several CMs today about the relocation of the Starlit Hui. It will be moved to the grassy area that is on the right side (Ewa side) of the resort. This means that guests in the odd numbered villas xx71-xx87 in the long wing and even numbered villas xx60-xx68 in the short wing of the Phase 3 Building will see the Starlit Hui's new space. However, I don't know how much of the stage you'll be able to see from the villas. I might have an awning or covering over the stage.

Has anyone stayed in a room that was HA accessible? We booked a 2 bedroom lockoff for December, and the studio is supposed to be accessible...pool view. When I called Aulani about this a few months ago, they said the pool view HA rooms were on the 4th and 5th floor. Hoping someone has stayed in one- it might be that the studio just has bars on the tub, or a roll-in shower. Just wondering which studio it will be!

I haven't found out yet, but I'll talk to some DVD CMs tomorrow and see if they know. If not, I'll check with the Concierge to see if they know the location and configuration of the HA villas.

Would love your opinion since you are currently there, please? We are not DVC - booked thru AA Vacations for Oct 12 arrival. AA has offered to move us to another property due to construction and cannot credit us the 2 nights currently being offered. Would you stay with the construction you are currently seeing? Or let them move you to a Waikiki resort? Thanks for your opinion and enjoy! Mahalo!

This is a tough one to answer. Right now, almost all of the construction is hardly noticeable because its currently confined to what use to be the outdoor seating area for the Makahiki Restaurant. The work they are doing at that location isn't impacting much of anything -- other than taking Makahiki's outdoor seating out of commission until November. Hardly any sounds or unsightly sights (pun intended). We heard a jackhammer for a few minutes this morning near the pool, but that lasted just a few minutes and only impacted the very immediate area of 10-15 yards.

However, more construction projects will be commencing very soon. By the time of your trip on October 12, the area surrounding the Wailana Leisure pool, the Makai Preserve, the Wailana Pool Bar, and the Makaloa Garden should all be undergoing a major transformation. On this map, these are the areas in the lower left hand corner of the resort.

0001U4.jpg

A CM told us that by next week they will be removing some of the landscaping that currently exists on the left side of the Waianae Building (marked in red as Phase 2 on the map).

Will this interfere with your enjoyment of Aulani? Only you can tell for sure. There will be many other things still in full operation and without restrictions, including the lazy river, the beach, the main pool, the many and varied Disney programs, etc.

Like I said, its a tough question to answer.

We are in Villa #304, a Pool View Studio in the Waianae Building. Its on the third floor, which is the same floor as the front desk, lobby, General Store, and other amenities. The villa is in great shape and was very clean when we arrived. We have a view of the Menehune Bridge and Water Play area, and the Rainbow Reef. I can even see a bit of the Pacific Ocean when I peek between the trees.

Aulani is laid out quite well. I don't think it takes more than 5 minutes to get anywhere on resort property.

By the way: The free wi-fi here at Aulani works great. We haven't had any difficulties accessing the wi-fi from the villa, common areas, or the pool.

Design on our villa's door:

file-28.jpg

The studio has lots of space. Since our villa's balcony is angled, the sofa is at an angle, too.

file-30.jpg

file-36.jpg

There are very few hidden Mickeys here in Aulani. In our villa, I have found only two. One is on the bed throw, and the other is the lamp on the desk.

file-29.jpg

file-31.jpg

Our view looking straight ahead toward the Ewa Building, which is not yet opened.

file-34.jpg

Looking to the right toward the ocean:

file-35.jpg

Looking left toward the Menehune Bridge and water play area:

file-69.jpg

Add me to the list of people that think Disney hit a home run with this resort!

WDRL..... I'm glad it's all you thought it would be. :cloud9:

Stop by my old studio and say "Hi"! Tell it I miss it!:thumbsup2

WDRL..... I'm glad it's all you thought it would be. :cloud9:

Stop by my old studio and say "Hi"! Tell it I miss it!:thumbsup2

Actually, I have sort of done that already. We walk by villa #110 frequently and I've stopped a number of times to check out the view from "your" villa. A couple of days ago I had a chance encounter with Mickey just a few steps away from your old patio.

My wife and I have a trip report here. Follow along if you have time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter