• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani. Turtles and seals

I posted pics in the DVC trip reports. We walked 2 different days over to Paradise Cove. Our first visit we saw a very friendly sea turtle and our second visit we saw the same turtle as well as a monk seal just sunning himself on the beach. We also went to the "turtle beach" on the North Shore and saw lots of turtles. (Laniakea or something like that) We were there in mid June so I say it is pretty easy.

We saw monk seals on the beach in the Aulani Cove and the cove next door. We saw turtles on Turtle beach and on a snorkeling dolphin excursion out of KoOlina marina.

Thank you :)

Has anyone gone on a dolphin excursion they can recommend

Shame I won't be there to see the whales

We did two that we loved. Both were very different from each other. The first was a catamaran out of Ko Olina. I don't remember the name of the boat. The translation was "ocean joy". Very nice lunch with a couple of snorkel spots. The second was a company in Wainae(spelling?). www.dolphinexcursions.com/
It's not in the nicest area but a very cool experience. You go out on a smaller boat with a small group and great guides. They find the pods of spinner dolphins and you float over them. Also took us by the turtles. Great underwater photographer on the trip who sold a CD.

Great pictures!

We also saw many turtles on North Shore and the kids swam with them for over 1/2 an hour.
A great experience for them. I tried to get members of our party to go to the beach next door to see the monk seal and turtles, but couldn't convince anyone to leave Aulani unless we had a planned activity like Pearl Harbor or surfing.

We just got back yesterday. We made about 4-5 trips next door to see the turtles. Unfortunately only once did swimmers say there was a turtle in the water. That was the one time my kids weren't wearing their swimsuits. We went to catch the beautiful sunset. We went at all different times as well. We just didn't have good luck I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter