Aulani Trip: Verizon Navigator vs GPS

Rest&Relax

Ears at Rest
We will be visiting Aulani in May for 10 days and our plans were to rent a car for eating out and sight seeing around Oahu. :woohoo:

Can anybody tell me whether I need a GPS or can we get by with using
Verizon Navigator on our phone if we need directions? :confused3

Appreciate any thoughts. :)

DH & I will be visiting Aulani in May as well and we have already decided to take his GPS just because I have had trouble with my Verizon Navigator in the past but maybe it could just be my phone.

I guess it would depend if your Verizon Navigator has been pretty acurate or not and then take it from there. :)

Just make sure your GPS has maps for Hawaii... A lot of lower end GPS units only do the contiguous 48 states!

We were in Aulani the middle of October. We didn't have a GPS. I did use my Iphone (AT&T) for maps and directions, but the concierge desk has directions to most places on cards. The front is going to and the back has coming from. They have all kinds of maps and are very helpful with directions.

Just make sure your GPS has maps for Hawaii... A lot of lower end GPS units only do the contiguous 48 states!

That's our problem! Our GPS is an older model and has only the 48 states and no upgrade is available for Hawaii.

Our only option is to get with rental car which is outragious or use our verizon phone with 4 g network for navigation with maps.

Thanks hmropars! :) I was hoping that we could get by without a GPS and it sounds like we could. Thanks for the tips on the maps.

We have been to Oahu 3 times. This is the island which has Aulani. Let me speak from experience when I tell you, you will NOT need a GPS. The island is very easy to travel. Aulani is only located about 20 minutes from the Honolulu international airport. There is only one highway on that side of the island, one in the middle of the island and one on the right side of the island. You can get some maps from the hotel.

We went in October to Oahu for our honeymoon and brought our GPS. We really liked having it. I would suggest bringing it as it won't take up too much space in your luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter