Aulani Trip Reports PLEASE!!

I am staying on a friends DVC points in a 1 bedroom......we are a family of 6 but I left youngest of reservation because he is only 3 1/2....I didn't think of it being a problem but now I am worried because of this pool issue and also in kids clubs....anyone have thoughts.....do I just tell them at front desk that we decided to bring her last minute or what?

Also can I request a pay for daily maid service on our villa....we are only staying 4 nights and I would love to have my bed made every day and have the place cleaned up.....also will I still be charged for parking?

I am staying on a friends DVC points in a 1 bedroom......we are a family of 6 but I left youngest of reservation because he is only 3 1/2....I didn't think of it being a problem but now I am worried because of this pool issue and also in kids clubs....anyone have thoughts.....do I just tell them at front desk that we decided to bring her last minute or what?

Also can I request a pay for daily maid service on our villa....we are only staying 4 nights and I would love to have my bed made every day and have the place cleaned up.....also will I still be charged for parking?

You can pay for daily maid service....not sure the price.

Don't know about the parking for staying on friend's points. If i have time I will ask.

As for the 6 people issue I can't answer b/c I don't know. All I know is occupancy for the 1 bedroom is 5 people.

This weekend we are a family of 3 and son wanted to invite friends for the night. Told him can have 2 friends since we can fit 5. Had to show all 5 keys for our pool towels and wrist bands.

While we were getting our towels I saw a lady speaking to a CM. Issue was they couldn't get towels/wrist bands for their group. Looked like daughter invited 8 friends to come along for the day even though they just had a room that fit 4. For 2 hours the kids had to swim in the ocean while Mom went to sort it out. She had to go pay for another room so they could all play at the pools.

I can understand having 8 friends but we are talking about a 3 year old......also how will they deal with babysitter...sometimes we hire a sitter at the pool to help is....she would need a wristband....I guess they will have to fine tune this a bit....

Let me know what you find out....

You should consider other options such as rebooking a 2 Bedroom unit for your stay or leaving one person at home.

I can understand having 8 friends but we are talking about a 3 year old......also how will they deal with babysitter...sometimes we hire a sitter at the pool to help is....she would need a wristband....I guess they will have to fine tune this a bit....

Let me know what you find out....
Unless the babysitter is an Aulani staff member, I think the obligation for fine tuning falls to you.

I just can't imagine flying to Hawaii and walking tnto resort and then have them tell me I have to leave.. she is 3 years old.....worst case scenario I will have them remove my name from reservation.....and I won't use facilities.

I will stand out side the gate in a chair and watch....

We're going to Aulani turkey day week! Can't wait! Thanks for your trip reports so far. Keep 'em coming!

Question 1 - I see on the Aulani website that the Ama Ama restaurant will only be open for breakfast in "Phase 2" - can anyone who has been there (is staying there at the property NOW) confirm this is correct?

If so, then does this mean the only breakfast option (other than eating in your room) is the Makahiki buffet breakfast? I see on the Makahiki menu it states that there is an "ala carte" menu available - maybe this is Aulani's interim solution?

Question 2 - this may have already been posted, but I don't remember seeing the answer - what are the options for a luau at Aulani? Is the Paradise Cove luau the only option that is currently within walking distance? If so, has anyone been to this venue and have any sort of feedback (value, entertainment, was it "good")?

I just can't imagine flying to Hawaii and walking tnto resort and then have them tell me I have to leave.. she is 3 years old.....worst case scenario I will have them remove my name from reservation.....and I won't use facilities.

I will stand out side the gate in a chair and watch....

Yes, I'm shocked they don't let you shoplift from the gift shop and steal the towels, since you came all that way.

Overall, you're breaking the rules that are most likely set by the fire code and seem to expect Disney to accomodate you. In fact, if they discover that you are violating the occupancy rule, you may be forced to purchase another room.

I think it's $45/day for daily maid service for a 1-BR at WDW, but I don't know for sure if prices are the same at Aulani.

Yes, I'm shocked they don't let you shoplift from the gift shop and steal the towels, since you came all that way.

Overall, you're breaking the rules that are most likely set by the fire code and seem to expect Disney to accomodate you. In fact, if they discover that you are violating the occupancy rule, you may be forced to purchase another room.

You are calling me a thief.....that is a bit scounttrong don't you think...:..first of all I borrowed someone's points so technically they weill be making money off of us because we will be spending more money and secondly I'm willing to try and resolve issue....since my daughter is 3 1/2 I have never thought about it because they normally allow a child under 3 to stay...they don't count in room count......

You are calling me a thief.....that is a bit scounttrong don't you think...:..first of all I borrowed someone's points so technically they weill be making money off of us because we will be spending more money and secondly I'm willing to try and resolve issue....since my daughter is 3 1/2 I have never thought about it because they normally allow a child under 3 to stay...they don't count in room count......

I think you have to realize that a DVC membership stay is different than a stay that you purchase. Membership does not have the same laissez faire rules that a purchase stay does. You are actually jeopardizing your friend's (presumably) clear membership status by trying to fit more people into a 1 bedroom. If you want the maid service, and additional person in your room, you should give back your friend's points and pay for the stay. You will be more happy doing that as you demand your money's worth.

Just to clarify though I am correct that a child under 3 does not count in room count...that is what we have been told...and we have stayed in other villas as a party of 6 without incident.

Anybody have pics of the room views? DW and I are going next year for our 30th anniversary and wonder if the Ocean view room is worth the extra points. I've only seen one pic in another thread and yes, you could see the ocean but it was right over a parking lot too. I guess it could be a lot like BWV where the BW views vary greatly upon the room itself. Any pics/advice is appreciated. TIA.

Anybody have pics of the room views? DW and I are going next year for our 30th anniversary and wonder if the Ocean view room is worth the extra points. I've only seen one pic in another thread and yes, you could see the ocean but it was right over a parking lot too. I guess it could be a lot like BWV where the BW views vary greatly upon the room itself. Any pics/advice is appreciated. TIA.

I would be very disappointed if I paid extra Ocean view points for a parking lot and a glimpse of the Ocean.

I booked a garden/pool view - hopefully it will be nice and no parking lots.

A child who is 3 1/2 is NOT "under 3". She's under 4, but not under 3. :confused3

All children count for DVC, the occupancy rules will say for example you can have 5 people plus one infant in the pack and play - with that infant being under 3, not over. They still give a room card for each person, even an infant, - so you can have that for whatever comes with the room - at Aulani - pool privileges, and at WDW for example, extra magic hours.

I'm trying not to get scared away from Aulani by the prices of everything!

Do you have to pay to rent a chair by the pool, or just the beach chairs and umbrellas? Wondering if someone will start a chair swap, like they do at Vero.

I am hoping DVC members can park for free. There seems to be a little ambiguity there.

It seems like we will have to make some meals in the villa, and def. eat off site. So renting a car will be a priority.

$35 for a refillable mug seems ridiculous. We don't drink tonic (what we call soda in Boston) so it's a non issue. But I would think you would have to drink a lot to justify that purchase.

I really want to visit Aulani, but flying four people out from Boston, we're looking at around $4000 for airfare (give or take). Then factoring food, and rental car, this is def. going to be splurge. Still trying to decide if it's something that we're going to do. But it certainly looks beautiful.

I'm not calling you a thief, I'm just trying to say that I don't understand why traveling a long way would justify breaking the rules, which seemed to be your rationale. I was just using the other statement as an example of why I thought the argument wasn't logical.

As someone else already pointed out, a child that is 3 1/2 does count in the room total as the rule is "under 3", i.e. has not yet turned 3.

We stayed last week. We were one of the families that posted here that we had originally booked a 2 bedroom, were called by DVC to tell us that they did not have any 2 bedroom and would put us in 2 hotel rooms. They called back just a few weeks ago to tell us that they now have a 2 bedroom again which will be an ocean view. They did not charge us any extra points. Anyway, I would be pretty ticked to have spent the extra amount in points to have the view that we had. The master bedroom was mostly of the JW Marriott right next door with a small partial view of the ocean. The other bedroom was somewhat better. I would not use my points for an ocean view based on this.

As far as counter service meals. They have the one counter service which is right next door to Ama Ama. We ate there opening day and the resort was crazy. The burgers were not good which could have been since it was extremely crowded. We found a great Counter service type place on our last day. Across the street is a shopping area with a more upscale ABC store. They have an area in the back with great sandwiches, burgers, salads, etc. The salads were made to order just like the Beach Club Marketplace. The prices were reasonable. The sandwiches were huge for $6.99. Salads were $6.99 for small and $8.99 for large. Burgers and fries for $6.99.

My 3 teenagers did the length of stay recreation for $99. It was great since it just gave them alot more to do and kept them busy during our stay. It also included the snorkeling in the man made area which we all did. It was really nice with tons of fish. After two laps around you are pretty much done. I don't think it is worth $20.

We LOVED Aulani and would definitely go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter