Aulani Trip Reports PLEASE!!

Aulani Resort Grand Opening first impressions. (August 29, 2011).
by Jeff Da Runner[/URL] on Monday, August 29, 2011 at 10:19pm

Following dinner we took a final stroll near the beach cove, and there was Hawaiian music being played by a trio, and a really nice firepit (propane) to sit by.

You mention this live music, but did you hear BGM (Background music) throughout the resort? Was it Polynesians BGM or did they come up with something new?

You mention this live music, but did you hear BGM (Background music) throughout the resort? Was it Polynesians BGM or did they come up with something new?

Local artist Kealii Reichel did the resort soundtrack. Do a youtubesearch under Aulani and his name.

There was no cd for sale.

We did hear the music, and it was very pleasant, adding to the ambiance.

In the afternoon several duo's or trios played music in different areas of the resort.

I'll post photos later.

I know they aren't tiki torches, but were those 'lights' lit around the grounds at night?

Thanks for the reports. We check in tomorrow and the reports are getting me more excited.

Good thing DH won't be here this weekend as I check out the D&B bag. I have a strong feeling that our family will do some damage in the gift shop :thumbsup2

Thank you Disney for bringing your Magic to Oahu!

Jen

Aulani merchandise photos. Here's the public link to my Facebook page, with most, but not all the goodies. Again I say, it's NOT cheap!!!

Look through and you will see the Dooney & Bourke purses (3 sizes). The big one costs $220. I didn't look at the prices on the medium or small sized ones.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150298950489269.355977.792524268&l=cab23a4115&type=1

Feel free to copy and paste the photos. I just ask that you provide a photo credit "Taken by Jeff Oh - DVC Member" wherever you post the pictures.

I know they aren't tiki torches, but were those 'lights' lit around the grounds at night?

They're propane torches. They look sort of like charcoal briquettes on skewers.

I have a picture, but will have to upload it from home.

Awesome photos Jeff.

I know we will do some damage this weekend in the gift shop :cool1:

Awesome photos Jeff.

I know we will do some damage this weekend in the gift shop :cool1:

Now is the time to walk into your bosses office, and demand your pay be DOUBLED OR TRIPLED!!! You betcha you're going to do some damage, I personally guarantee it.

Between my wife and I shopping with our keiki, and a nice sit down dinner for four, we spent a little over $400. Fortunately, some items were for friends who will reimburse me.

Still, for not actually staying at the resort, that Mouse has a firm grip on my wallet!!! LOL.

On second thought.....maybe I don't want a Disney resort in my hometown.........NOT! :thumbsup2

I hope we don't leave Aulani next monday and want to buy more points......that will be more expensive then our gift shop expenses! :scared1:

Now is the time to walk into your bosses office, and demand your pay be DOUBLED OR TRIPLED!!! You betcha you're going to do some damage, I personally guarantee it.

Between my wife and I shopping with our keiki, and a nice sit down dinner for four, we spent a little over $400. Fortunately, some items were for friends who will reimburse me.

Still, for not actually staying at the resort, that Mouse has a firm grip on my wallet!!! LOL.

No way! We've been told that resort specific merchandise just doesn't sell! :rotfl2:

And DVC merchandise? Impossible! :rolleyes:

No way! We've been told that resort specific merchandise just doesn't sell! :rotfl2:

And DVC merchandise? Impossible! :rolleyes:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I will personally prove them wrong this weekend and have the receipts to prove it :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

I'm still shocked at the refillable mug and how much it costs. I think it's ridiculous. I wonder if the cost is so high because Disney just assumes people will reuse it on multiple trips even though the sign says only for the length of the current stay. How do they enforce that?

They're charging for snorkeling in the Reef? I'm ticked off!

If you wish, you can snorkel in the ocean for free. Best recommendation I have on Oahu is at Hanauma Bay which is on the east end of Oahu. Believe there is a nominal fee.

Every resort/attraction I know that has some type of swim with the fish/dolphin, etc. charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter