Aulani Trip Report - Hawaii with a 3 1/2 year old! May 18-26

WolffDVC2004

Mouseketeer
We just got back from 9 wonderful days in Hawaii!! It was wonderful!

I have started a trip report on my blog, since it is easier to upload pictures to blogger, and I keep an on-going blog about our life anyway.

Just a little about us:
IMG_1522.jpg

I'm Katie - 31, Stay at home Mommy to one - Love to travel
Andrew - My husband, 33, Works for a non-profit - Loves Disney
Michael - 3 1/2 - Best kid in the world - great traveler, Is getting spoiled with all of our Disney vacations, asks often when we are going to WDW again!

Day 1 - A Long Day of Travel

Our vacation started on Sunday, May 18th at 4:30 am. We got up, got ready, packed any last minute items in the suitcase, packed the car and headed to the airport.
6:30 am. Arrive at airport. Check our bags and head to the gate.
7:30 am board airplane and take off! Hawaii here we come!
12:00 pm (10:00 am local time) layover in Salt Lake City
2:00 pm (12:00 pm local time) board our second flight, a six hour flight to Honolulu!!
Michael fell asleep as soon as we boarded our second flight!
Michael did amazing on both flights! I was prepared with backpacks full of snacks, games, stickers, coloring books etc... And didn't even take out half of it. He is a rock star when it comes to traveling! Let's hope he does just as good on the way home...."

IMG_6149.jpg

Click here to continue reading:
http://katie-wolff.blogspot.com/2014/05/hawaii-vacation-day-1-long-day-of-travel.html

Enjoy!

I am in - looking forward to hearing (and seeing) more about your fun trip. Your son is adorable!

Hawaii Vacation Day 2 - Aulani Resort Day

"We decided to spend our first full day at the resort, just enjoying the pools and beach.

Our day started early again because we hadn't adjusted to the 6 hour time difference. I was up at 3:30 am, after not sleeping that much through the night. Then Michael was up at 4:30 am. Andrew can sleep all day everyday, so the time change doesn't effect him. So, Michael and I walked all around the resort while it was still dark out..."

IMG_6212.jpg

check it out here:

http://katie-wolff.blogspot.com/2014/05/hawaii-vacation-day-2-aulani-resort-day.html

I can answer any questions here, or on the blog.

Thanks for reading!

Day 3 is up on the blog!

"Tuesday morning we had to set the alarm, because we were going to Pearl Harbor, and we had to be there at 7:45 am. I'm not sure how late we would have slept if we had not set the alarm. So, we were up at 6:00 am got ready, grabbed some breakfast to eat in the car, and we were out the door by 7:00 am. We got to Pearl Harbor right before 7:45. We had reserved tickets on-line a couple of months ahead of time, and our tour was set for 8:45..."

IMG_1599.jpg

Click here to read the rest:

http://katie-wolff.blogspot.com/2014/05/hawaii-vacation-day-3-pearl-harbor-dole.html

Great to see your little guy handled the travel so well!! Looks like a great trip so far. :)

Day 4 is up on the blog - Our only Beautiful Sunset!

"Wednesday was another resort day. After going to bed pretty early, we were all up by 6:00 am! Andrew ran down to get coffee and some breakfast.
And we ate it on our balcony, and enjoyed the beautiful view!
After breakfast, we got our bathing suits on and went to the pool. And that is where we stayed until nap time. We grabbed some lunch while we were at the pool too..."

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

http://katie-wolff.blogspot.com/2014/05/hawaii-vacation-day-4-our-only.html

If you have any questions of comments, please leave them for me! I would be happy to answer any questions.

Love your report! We are going next summer with my then 3 and 4.5 year olds. It's great to read a report with younger kids!

How long did you spend at the Dole Plantation?

It looks like the pool us zero entry, is that right?

Love your report! We are going next summer with my then 3 and 4.5 year olds. It's great to read a report with younger kids!

How long did you spend at the Dole Plantation?

It looks like the pool us zero entry, is that right?

Your kids will have an amazing time! There is so much for the younger kids to do.

We were at the Dole plantation for about 2 hours. We ate lunch, rode the train, which was 20 minutes, and then got a Dole Whip. We also looked around the store a little bit. Michael was too young to the do the maze, and that can take around 45 minutes. It was a good little stop, but not an all day thing.

Yes, the pool is zero entry and it was perfect! Michael could just sit in the shallow part, and play with his cars. He loved that he could "touch the bottom"

Day 5 has been added! North Shore!

"Thursday was the first day we slept in to a normal hour, 7:00! That is still early for us for vacation, but more normal to our every day lives. I had read a trip report about a couple going to eat at Denny's for every meal, so we had to go try the Denny's and see what the fuss was about. Well, it did not disappoint. But it was still, just Denny's!

After breakfast, we went to the local Goodwill store to see if we could find some Hawaii shirts, cheap! Since Andrew works for a thrift store, we knew we could find some great deals, we just had to look for them. (I know people are rolling their eyes right now, but I don't care.You can save a lot of money by shopping thrift stores!) Well, we did great, and were able to find 2 shirts for Andrew, an Aulani shirt for me, and a shirt for Michael. Total spent on 4 shirts: $8.00!! I don't think the Aulani shirt had ever been worn, and new would have cost us $25+..."

IMG_1727.jpg

http://katie-wolff.blogspot.com/2014/06/hawaii-vacation-day-5-north-shore-drive.html

Did you have to line up early to get him Into the volcano program? We are going in late May/early June next year so your report is super helpful!

Did you have to line up early to get him Into the volcano program? We are going in late May/early June next year so your report is super helpful!

I never waited in line to sign him up for any activity. He only did the one activity though.
I tried to sign him up for the stitch's space goo, but it was already filled up. The space goo was a morning activity on Sunday of Memorial Day and the volcano was a Friday evening activity. So that might make a difference. I did find out though that the week we were there, the resort was only at 50% capacity. I'm sure when it is more crowded, it will be harder to get into the activities.

Day 7 is on the blog

"Saturday was another day for exploring around the island. We started out going eat on the H1 through Honolulu. That was our only experience driving through Honolulu the whole time we were there. There was a lot of traffic, but we expected that. Our plan for the day was to hit the Halona Blowhole and the Pali Lookout. On our way to the blowhole, we stopped at a couple of other pull-offs along the highway..."

IMG_1835.jpg

http://katie-wolff.blogspot.com/2014/06/hawaii-vacation-day-7-pali-lookout-and.html

Hawaii Vacation Day 9 - Goodbye Aulani & Hawaii

"Monday morning would be our last day waking up in paradise. Since our photo session got cancelled the night before, we all put on our "matching" clothes and went to take pictures using our own camera and Disney's photopass people.

We were able to get some using photopass, but not many. But we did get some good ones with my camera..."

53168310111.jpg

To continue reading, click here:

http://katie-wolff.blogspot.com/2014/06/hawaii-vacation-day-9-goodbye-aulani.html

I wanted to ask you about your necklaces at the Character Breakfast- did you get them there or were those the same ones from check in? I love the tip to make a fresh one before pics. Even though you missed your session, I love the family pics you got!

I wanted to ask you about your necklaces at the Character Breakfast- did you get them there or were those the same ones from check in? I love the tip to make a fresh one before pics. Even though you missed your session, I love the family pics you got!

Those were the necklaces we got when we checked in. The flower lei will last longer if you put it in the refrigerator.

Thank you, I'm just glad we got some pictures together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter