Aulani to WDW: The Lurkyloos' Anniversary Vow Renewal: THRILLING CONCLUSION 8/5!

Holy guacamole, you packed a LOT into your last day! Wow!!

I am dutifully taking notes. Think I may skip the poke stop. :rolleyes:

You definitely should have purchased Mr. Pineapple. Too cute! Love Patrick's photo ops in the big pineapple stand. Definitely keepers!

I think we went to the luau at the Cultural Center when I was a kid but I don't think I knew there were lands and activities. $50 does seem kinda steep.

The lounge at Aulani is definitely a brilliant idea. I'd love it even at WDW!

Speaking of which... you're on your way! That definitely helps ease the pain of leaving Aulani.

Looks like another packed day! I think I would enjoy the Dole Plantation - I do enjoy a well done tourist trap ;) I would probably have to pass on the poke though. While I enjoy seafood it looks a bit too odd for me!

Our wedding photographer pals Nate and Jensey Root outdid themselves in Hawaii! I am so excited to finally be able to share THEIR version of our trip. At some point I might go back in and add these photos to the appropriate places in each of my trip report installments, but for now, I’ll just put them all in a pair of updates with links to where each activity was described in my report. Enjoy!

RootLauni_001.jpg

RootLauni_002.jpg

My impression of our room at Aulani can be found HERE. The Roots were one floor up and one room over from us, so at least they had an actual view...

RootLauni_003.jpg

RootLauni_004.jpg

RootLauni_005.jpg

RootLauni_006.jpg

RootLauni_007.jpg

RootLauni_008.jpg

RootLauni_009.jpg

RootLauni_010.jpg

RootLauni_011.jpg

RootLauni_013.jpg

RootLauni_014.jpg

RootLauni_015.jpg

RootLauni_016.jpg

RootLauni_017.jpg

RootLauni_018.jpg

RootLauni_019.jpg

Our day trip around Oahu together started with a drive up H3, arguably the World’s Most Scenic Highway. At last I can show you how pretty it was!
RootLauni_020.jpg

RootLauni_021.jpg

RootLauni_022.jpg

RootLauni_023.jpg

RootLauni_024.jpg

RootLauni_025.jpg

RootLauni_026.jpg

RootLauni_056.jpg

OK, now I can TOTALLY see two gorillas smooching!
RootLauni_057.jpg

RootLauni_058.jpg

RootLauni_059.jpg

RootLauni_060.jpg

RootLauni_061.jpg

RootLauni_062.jpg

RootLauni_063.jpg

Oooh! This is a much better shot of the miniature temple used in the venerable classic Aztec Rex!
RootLauni_064.jpg

RootLauni_067.jpg

RootLauni_065.jpg

RootLauni_066.jpg

RootLauni_068.jpg

RootLauni_069.jpg

RootLauni_070.jpg

RootLauni_071.jpg

RootLauni_072.jpg

RootLauni_073.jpg

RootLauni_074.jpg

RootLauni_075.jpg

RootLauni_076.jpg

RootLauni_079.jpg

RootLauni_077.jpg

RootLauni_080.jpg

RootLauni_082.jpg

RootLauni_111.jpg

OK, so here are some better shots of the pig-head offering we came across at Pu-u o Mahuka Heiau...

RootLauni_112.jpg

RootLauni_114.jpg

RootLauni_115.jpg

RootLauni_113.jpg

This is from Turtle Beach, NOT a turtle sacrifice!

RootLauni_116.jpg

RootLauni_117.jpg

RootLauni_119.jpg

RootLauni_120.jpg

Matsumoto’s Shave Ice!

RootLauni_121.jpg

RootLauni_122.jpg

RootLauni_123.jpg

So we kinda were standing in a graveyard as we ate... that’s OK, right?

RootLauni_125.jpg

Not OK
RootLauni_126.jpg

RootLauni_127.jpg

RootLauni_128.jpg

I am very excited to see Nate shot the very same photo as Patrick... or maybe Patrick stole Nate’s shot...
RootLauni_130.jpg

RootLauni_129.jpg

RootLauni_131.jpg

RootLauni_132.jpg

Action shot!!!
RootLauni_133.jpg

RootLauni_134.jpg

RootLauni_135.jpg

RootLauni_136.jpg

RootLauni_137.jpg

The next batch of shots will show you what the Roots saw when we weren’t with them and when they weren’t toiling away at editing wedding photos.

RootLauni_237.jpg

RootLauni_238.jpg

RootLauni_239.jpg

RootLauni_240.jpg

RootLauni_241.jpg

RootLauni_243.jpg

RootLauni_242.jpg

RootLauni_244.jpg

RootLauni_245.jpg

RootLauni_246.jpg

RootLauni_247.jpg

RootLauni_248.jpg

RootLauni_250.jpg

RootLauni_249.jpg

Talk about a busman’s holiday... it looks like the Roots stumbled on a wedding (or at least some kind of private event) at the JW Marriott Ihilani next door.

RootLauni_251.jpg

RootLauni_252.jpg

RootLauni_253.jpg

RootLauni_254.jpg

RootLauni_255.jpg

RootLauni_256.jpg

RootLauni_257.jpg

RootLauni_259.jpg

RootLauni_258.jpg

Yep! They’re THAT good!
RootLauni_260.jpg

RootLauni_261.jpg

RootLauni_291.jpg

RootLauni_293.jpg

RootLauni_292.jpg

RootLauni_294.jpg

RootLauni_295.jpg

RootLauni_296.jpg

RootLauni_297.jpg

RootLauni_298.jpg

RootLauni_299.jpg

RootLauni_300.jpg

RootLauni_301.jpg

RootLauni_302.jpg

RootLauni_303.jpg

RootLauni_304.jpg

RootLauni_305.jpg

This is the closest Jensey has ever been to a fish...
RootLauni_306.jpg

RootLauni_308.jpg

RootLauni_307.jpg

Tomorrow: The Roots’ Version of the Starlit Hui!

The lounge at Aulani is definitely a brilliant idea. I'd love it even at WDW!

Totally! It would be brilliant at the Deluxe resorts at WDW. At the Beach Club, I'd spend my whole last day in Stormalong Bay!

Looks like another packed day! I think I would enjoy the Dole Plantation - I do enjoy a well done tourist trap ;) I would probably have to pass on the poke though. While I enjoy seafood it looks a bit too odd for me!

Yeah, I don't think even a Root photo of that stuff could make it look appealing... :crazy2:

This is one of the best trip reports I've ever read. There were lots of helpful tidbits in here. We're heading to Aulani in Aug and I'm finalizing our itinerary...so thank you!!! :cool2:

Your wedding pics were absolutely beautiful.
:bride:

Really enjoying your TR. DW and I were there in Sept, 2012 celebrating our 30th anniversary and your pics are letting us relive it all again! :thumbsup2

Wow! I'm loving all the information in your trip report. Thank you so much for taking the time to be so detailed. I feel as though I should be taking notes.

My husband doesn't know yet, but we're going in February for my round birthday. I won't say which one so you don't tell me your grandmother is the same age. He and I have both been to Hawaii but it was years ago in our single days. In fact he went on R 'n' R from Vietnam -- so it's been a few years.

I'm actually only up to page four so I'm looking forward to continuing.

Holy cow those pictures are great! I'm pretty sure Disney could just peruse your trip report for pics needed for their next print ads! I am still a little disturbed by the woman carrying a pigs head...just sayin!

Hi, Carrie! I've thoroughly enjoyed this TR so far! DH and I are hoping to head to Aulani next year, so I've loved reading along. The Roots photos are gorgeous!

OK, the next series of shots is from the night of our vow renewal, when we all went to Aulani’s Starlit Hui together. This first shot really threw me until I figured out it was a view into Auntie’s Beach House...

RootLauni_138.jpg

RootLauni_139.jpg

RootLauni_143.jpg

RootLauni_140.jpg

RootLauni_141.jpg

RootLauni_142.jpg

RootLauni_144.jpg

RootLauni_145.jpg

RootLauni_146.jpg

RootLauni_147.jpg

RootLauni_148.jpg

RootLauni_149.jpg

RootLauni_150.jpg

RootLauni_151.jpg

RootLauni_152.jpg

RootLauni_153.jpg

RootLauni_154.jpg

RootLauni_155.jpg

RootLauni_156.jpg

RootLauni_157.jpg

RootLauni_158.jpg

RootLauni_159.jpg

RootLauni_160.jpg

RootLauni_161.jpg

RootLauni_162.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter