Aulani Thoughts

ONealFamily

Mouseketeer
For full trip report, click HERE

My family just arrived at Aulani yesterday and all I can say is, after over a year of planning, they have exceeded my every expectation!

The resort is beautiful. The cast members were the friendliest I have met and the room is amazing!

We have 7 of us in a two bedroom villa and do not feel cramped at all. We have a standard view room and the view is quite beautiful. Sure if you look down you see a parking lot but who cares.

I have never seen my son who is 2 and a half enjoy himself anywhere. We spent yesterday afternoon at the lagoon and in the pool. The water was perfect. I have zero complaints and neither do my guests who are traveling with us. I know there will be several other Dis boarders who will be arriving soon. I think a meetup is a great idea. As soon as I figure how to post pictures, I will.

Aloha!

ONealFamily said:
My family just arrived at Aulani yesterday and all I can say is, after over a year of planning, they have exceeded my every expectation!

The resort is beautiful. The cast members were the friendliest I have met and the room is amazing!

We have 7 of us in a two bedroom villa and do not feel cramped at all. We have a standard view room and the view is quite beautiful. Sure if you look down you see a parking lot but who cares.

I have never seen my son who is 2 and a half enjoy himself anywhere. We spent yesterday afternoon at the lagoon and in the pool. The water was perfect. I have zero complaints and neither do my guests who are traveling with us. I know there will be several other Dis boarders who will be arriving soon. I think a meetup is a great idea. As soon as I figure how to post pictures, I will.

Aloha!

I meant to say I have never seen my 2 year old enjoy himself so much anywhere! :-D

Please continue to post about your experience with pictures. Seven of us are going to Aulani for Christmas. This will be our first visit to Aulani, but our 7th visit to Ohua. Granddaughter will be 4 yr old and grandson will be 19 months old. Did you schedule the character breakfasts before you arrived? Have fun!

Please continue to post about your trip and your experiences. We arrive on the 15th of March and are soooo excited, but alittle worried about the construction. Please let us know what you do and where you eat and your thoughts!!! Have a great trip!!!

Thanks, Erika

We are staying next door to Aulani in June, could not get points to stay at Aulani at that time. Does it seem that we'll be able to walk over to see the fantastic resort along the beach path? We are staying one lagoon over at the Ko Olina Beach Villas.

Glad you all want updates. Need to see how to go about posting photos on here but here is what we have learned so far.

Day 1 - We arrived yesterday. Our flight came in around noon and we did not experience any of the traffic that we kept hearing about. Our room was not ready so we made a quick trip to Walmart which was further away than I would have liked. Once our room was ready it was beautiful. Mickey and Minnie left my wife and I a card for our anniversary, which is on the 14th. That was nice of them. We grabbed a late lunch at the Hawaiian BBQ across the street (not very good, not bad, but just not good). The rest of the afternoon was spent swimming. The water in the lagoon or the pool was not cold but nice and warm. It was perfect.

Day 2 - started off by going to Aloha swap meet. Arrived at 9 am and made some purchases and headed to Sams Club in Pearl City. Traffic to Sams was crowded and Sams itself was crowded. Should have hit Costco closer to the resort. Went to Target which wasn't too far from the resort and spent the rest of the day swimming.

Tomorrow, who knows!

Thanks so much for the updates! :thumbsup2 I am heading there in only 11 short days and can't wait! This will be a MUCH needed vacay for my DH and I so WOOHOO! :cool1:

I meant to say I have never seen my 2 year old enjoy himself so much anywhere! :-D

Glad to see that you revised your original post. You had me worried there for a second. Also glad you like Aulani. I suggest you take a tour of the DVC Grand Villa -- its worth the time to see it.

We are staying next door to Aulani in June, could not get points to stay at Aulani at that time. Does it seem that we'll be able to walk over to see the fantastic resort along the beach path? We are staying one lagoon over at the Ko Olina Beach Villas.

I'm sure you can enter from the lagoon side and see the pool area. Better yet, I suggest you stop by the DVC Preview Center which is just off the lobby (any Cast Member can show you the way) and arrange a tour of the DVC villas. Although its a timeshare, Disney takes a very low keyed approach with its tours, so you don't have to worry about be broadsided by some high pressure salesman.

wdrl said:
Glad to see that you revised your original post. You had me worried there for a second. Also glad you like Aulani. I suggest you take a tour of the DVC Grand Villa -- its worth the time to see it.

We actually have a time set tomorrow AM to view it. Looking forward to it!

Count me in..!! I can't wait for more of your trip updates.. ! We're headed to Aulani this July 4th week.... with 3 other families. We all got oceanviews/ poolside views. we can't wait!!!

Do you have rental car? Is it necessary??

Count me in..!! I can't wait for more of your trip updates.. ! We're headed to Aulani this July 4th week.... with 3 other families. We all got oceanviews/ poolside views. we can't wait!!!

Do you have rental car? Is it necessary??

We do have a rental car. I would say it's necessary if you want to see other parts of the island or do some local grocery shopping but there is more than enough to do here at the resort. It has been a blast here.

My Cousin owns there and Loves it!!!! As far as I know it is a pretty easy walk along the path between resorts.

I'm sorry that we didn't get to meet while we were both there (and apparently our rooms were on the same floor not far from each other). I'm glad to hear you all had a great trip and hope you had a safe trip home. It was very tough getting on that plane last night and tougher getting off in Chicago to cold!

I too would love some pics . We won't be going until 2017 for our 40th wedding anniv but it's never too early too plan. Will need a 2br with an ocean view. Saving the points now.

Cruise04 said:
I'm sorry that we didn't get to meet while we were both there (and apparently our rooms were on the same floor not far from each other). I'm glad to hear you all had a great trip and hope you had a safe trip home. It was very tough getting on that plane last night and tougher getting off in Chicago to cold!

Thanks! You too! We were in 751 and probably crossed each other a few times! It was quite windy yesterday on the island and the plane ride was a tad bumpy. I will be posting a proper trip report with a lot of pictures in the next few days. We got the photopass CD with over 300 pictures on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter