Aulani summer availability?

hkeller27

DIS Veteran
Hi! I'm gearing up to book my first Aulani stay for July 2012. Has anyone been booking summer stays at Aulani? Getting nervous about what the availability is looking like! Love to hear any booking experiences any of you have!

We booked a Studio for April, 2012 at the seven month mark and had our choice of views but settled for an Island View. :goodvibes

I haven't heard of anyone yet having a problem booking anything at any time, so I think you will be OK.

Good luck.... I hope you get what you want! :thumbsup2

Going in June and yesterday was our 7 month window. I hadn't really heard of anyone not getting what they wanted but I called exactly at 9 am anyway. We got a 1 bedroom pool view, which is what we wanted. So it worked out great. Now I have to wait until December to make the dining reservations.

We booked at 7 months Island view May 21-June 3 and today I modified it for Ocean view seems plenty of rooms available.

We booked at 7 month window for a studio June 1-7. All views were available except standard. We chose island view.

Hooray to everyone for getting what they hoped for!!! I'm so hopeful!!

We are hoping for a 1 bedroom pool or ocean view - our 10th anniversary present :) Keeping my fingers crossed til we book!!

We just booked (on Nov 2 at 9 a.m. EDT) a 1 BR Ocean View for June 2-8 exactly at the 7-month point. I was told that there was "good availability" for these rooms when I booked, but was cautioned that it could fill up fast since I was booking at the earliest possible time (for non-Aulani owners).

Good luck!

Thanks for asking this question. I want a 1 br any view for Aug 1. I am bummed because my window opens on January1! I hope everyone gets what they want!

Hi all....

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet....but last week we were at the world and I stopped to chat with the DVC salesman in the Beach Club Lobby. They were giving away free Aulani prints and I asked if he thought it would be an issue to book in June 2012.

He said, no problem...with the tsunami in Japan...a lot of contracts were purchased by the Japanese/Asians....so they unfortunately have a lot more to deal with in there lives at this time.

I guess the earthquake/tsunami is taking a financial toll on Aulani?

Bfrosty:confused3

Hi all....

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet....but last week we were at the world and I stopped to chat with the DVC salesman in the Beach Club Lobby. They were giving away free Aulani prints and I asked if he thought it would be an issue to book in June 2012.

He said, no problem...with the tsunami in Japan...a lot of contracts were purchased by the Japanese/Asians....so they unfortunately have a lot more to deal with in there lives at this time.

I guess the earthquake/tsunami is taking a financial toll on Aulani?

Bfrosty:confused3
The earthquake/tsunami took quite a financial toll on all of Hawaii since we depend on the Japanese tourism $$, as well as had a lot of damage to docks on the north/west sides of some of the islands. Summer will still be a popular time though, so call right at 7 months. Some June dates on the Resort Reservation Availability already coming up unavailable.

Thank you Taaren.....

I wish I was in Maui right now....50F and rainy/cold here...ugh! Winter is coming...Winter is coming...:sad2:

We've been to Maui twice (just the parents)...not the kiddo's...we are looking forward to going in the beginning of June (3rd-10th) in a 2-Bed Standard.

Take care,
Bfrosty:wizard:

I was shocked to get a mid June booking 1 BR with no issue. I believe it is due to the hiccups in getting Aulani launched.....looking forward to 4 nights at Aulani!:cool1:

I booked a 2 bedroom Island view on my 7 month window and I was told there were no Pool View's for that day available on June 9th, 2012.

we had no problem booking an OV studio for June at the 7 month mark this weekend. I've seen reports on here that OV is going a bit slower since it is more points, so if you call right at 7months I'd be shocked if you can't get an OV 1br (i've heard pool and island views go faster though, since it's still gorgeous but you save more points.) but we had our pick of the three views when we called, didn't ask about standard view because if we're gonna fly all the way there from MD, we're gonna do it up while we're there :) best of luck to you!

Just booked 1 bdrm island view this morning at our 7 month window. I wanted standard view but it wasn't available. We are wait-listed for standard. I think with the amount of options in views, availability is good. I just prepared myself for 6 different options before I called and I got my 2nd choice. Good luck booking!:wizard:

A WORD OF CAUTION ...

It appears that Aulani 7-month availability is rapidly becoming a dicey proposition for Summer 2012.

Monday afternoon, I called in mid-day to check availability at the resort at the 7-month window (a day earlier than my actual reservation window). The rep told me that there was zero 2-bedroom availability for June 21st, but that there was plenty of availability for all room types & sizes from June 22nd onward. (I had her check every category; a few types were low, but all were available.)

I called in right at 9am on Tuesday morning -- Entire resort (all room types, all room sizes) sold out for June 22nd. Once again, plenty of availability for June 23rd onward. I was forced to use the waitlist for my entire stay (since only June 22 was in my 7-month reservation window).

I called in right at 9am again this morning. Low and behold, my waitlist literally matched while I was on the phone with the agent looking for June 23rd availability.

While I have a "happy ending," it is pretty clear to me that there are lots of members right now who are "walking" their Aulani reservations for upcoming summer stays. (My experience matches perfectly with this theory.) If you are planning on going to Aulani this summer, I advise you to play the "walking" game, because it looks like lots of other members are doing the same thing. If you don't you will be at a definite disadvantage in trying to secure your reservation. (Disney really needs to do something about this loophole in the reservation process!)

I got a 2 bdrm OV for June 23-30 this morning right at 9 ET.

I think a big factor in the limited availability of DVC rooms is because of slow sales and bad press over the dues issue. Even tho the first 2 phases are now open, not all those rooms have been 'declared' for DVC use. As more Aulaini points are sold, more inventory can be opened for DVC reservations...so that should be good news to those on waitlists for the summer.

I've been reading lately (over the past few days) ppl having to waitlist rooms in June, who knows what July/Aug will be like.

I had to wait list for a studio, oceanview for 6/16 to 6/23, there were no studios or 1 bedrooms of any view available.
I did not however book right at the 7 month mark due to some indecision on the party that is going. I called on the 19th but I was surprised that nothing was available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter