Aulani Spa Recommendations?

I am curious about the spa packages for kids. We went to Vero beach and they had a wonderful mother daughter package. I was hoping Aulani had something similar. I have seen descriptions of services for kids but are they in the teen spa or the main spa?

When we visited last summer my DD (15 at the time) and I did a spa treatment together. It was simply a wonderful experience. So much bonding plus total relaxation. My daughter had never had a massage before and couldn't believe how much she loved it. We didn't do a package, I don't think they had one for mother/daughter. We each chose a different massage. We were together the entire time though. We did all the outside hydrotherapy/hot tubs. Inside we loved, loved the steam room and spent a good amount of time in there. Our massages were side by side in the same room. The spa and staff were amazing and it was worth every penny. It is something we would do again the next time we are at Aulani.

I booked my treatments today... Just wanted to let others know that you should probably avoid using DVC Member Services to book spa services for Aulani. Maybe I caught them at a bad time, but 2 separate agents had me on hold forever & ended up unable to make the reservations. I then called the Laniwai spa directly using 808-674-6300. They had me all booked within a couple of minutes and e-mailed my confirmation number with the DVC member discounted price. It was great to be thinking about Hawaii while watching the snow fall outside here at my home!

Is it possible to book treatment online?

I don't know if you can do it online, but I did my completely via e-mail. Never actually talked with anyone.

BTW....I have rode the Coney Island Cyclone!! :)

You can request a spa person to call you online but they will book the treatment over the phone. Loved the salon portion of this and the workout room is great as well.

I booked my treatment via the Aulani website. I never had to speak to anyone over the phone. Put in my request, they emailed me back to confirm. I had to reschedule so I just emailed them back & they honored my request. Real simple. :)

I booked my treatments today... Just wanted to let others know that you should probably avoid using DVC Member Services to book spa services for Aulani. Maybe I caught them at a bad time, but 2 separate agents had me on hold forever & ended up unable to make the reservations. I then called the Laniwai spa directly using 808-674-6300. They had me all booked within a couple of minutes and e-mailed my confirmation number with the DVC member discounted price. It was great to be thinking about Hawaii while watching the snow fall outside here at my home!

Request Chuck if he's still there. Usually I like a woman but he is the best there and trains the staff. He's been massaging for years and super knowledgable. When I booked, I let them know I'm picky cause I get massages a lot, that's probably why they put me with him. Went twice to see him. Best massage I've had.
Have fun!

Hi, I just wanted to share my experience with the spa at Aulani.

We were there in May 2012. My DH was so excited to go to the spa, but I was TERRIFIED. The only reason I even went through with it was because my DH begged me to go with him. I had never had a massage or went to a spa before. I am VERY self conscious with my body and I am a big girl. I was actually around 300 pounds when we were there (I've since lost some weight, or I wouldn't be telling you that).

I ended up deciding to get a facial & scalp massage done, instead of the full body massage. I contacted the Aulani spa before we arrived to make sure they could accommodate my size and body shyness. They were WONDERFUL. When we got there, they had a robe that fit me and were soooooo nice about how shy I am. I kept my panties & bra on under my robe. At one point, while massaging my shoulders, they asked me to push my bra straps down, which was fine.

I didn't think I was even going to enjoy the experience, but it was AMAZING. After just a few minutes of the facial, I was so relaxed and completely comfortable. I didn't even care about my size, or being practically naked under the sheet. After 90 minutes of bliss, we went into the hydrotherapy garden and relaxed for over an hour. The spa was a highlight of our trip.

I just wanted to share this for anyone worrying about being self conscious. I can't say enough good things about the staff there and how wonderfully they treated me. They made my experience (and DH's) absolutely perfect. And when we go back (in June 2014), I plan on booking 2 days at the spa!

How long should we plan on spending at the spa? It says to get there an hour before your appt to enjoy the spa, but do most people stay for a while afterwards?

Thanks, Erika

I booked the 2.5 hr couples treatment for June and the person I spoke to said to be there an hour prior and we can stay as long as we wanted but there were no in and out privileges, so I'm just blocking out the day as a SPA day! It is expensive but I'm sure the experience is worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter