Aulani pool pass?

Bethd5

Earning My Ears
Hi. We're staying at Aulani in March. We will have friends visiting one day and I wondered the resort rules on guests at the pool. Are wrist bands required? Can you request a "visitor pass" for the day? Any information appreciated.

Hi. We're staying at Aulani in March. We will have friends visiting one day and I wondered the resort rules on guests at the pool. Are wrist bands required? Can you request a "visitor pass" for the day? Any information appreciated.

It's my understanding the day guests don't exist. All guests who get the wristband are registered in the room. And no wristband, no using the facilities.

Wrist bands are required, and you get as many bands as you have people staying in the room. If you have a 1 bedroom, you could put up to 5 names on the room, a studio is 4, a 2 bedroom is 9 people. They would get keys to your room which they can exchange for wrist bands on a daily basis.

Some resorts with pools here do sell day passes usually for about $50 per person per day, but the last time I checked (in January), Aulani was not one of them. They said it is something they might consider in the future after the resort is fully built if it seems like it might not negatively impact guests experience. We were sad since we have some local friends that we would have liked to have joined us and would have gladly bought day passes, but had a great stay anyways.

When we were at Aulani you would have to go get new wristbands everyday - you would have to show your room key, they would look up your name in their log of all guests, then cross you off. They had all the names of who was staying in your room, so if you are able to add your friends to your reservation I don't think it would be a problem. If you already have your room at max capacity it isn't possible. That being said, while we were there I never once saw them checking wristbands and the pool was open access. I don't know whether they were just being really discreet about it, or whether people were just really good about going and getting wristbands. Good luck! Have a great time!

Everyone already answered correctly, but I just wanted to confirm as an Aulani cast member, that yes, only registered guests to the room are able to get a wristband for the day. We are excellent at catching people who are trying to get more wristbands than they are allowed, and we will call security on any ''non-guests'' that we come across at the pool! As long as you have room on your reservation for an additional guest, feel free to add them on so you can get them a wristband though!

Are the wristbands just for the pool?what about other activities around the resort? We we leave offsite do we have to wear our armbands all day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter