Aulani...little bits of info

Have you eaten anything in the kapolei area.

Where would you stop for lunch, shave ice and maybe malasadas on our North Shore day from Aulani. thank you!

We actually haven't had anything in the Kapolei area, the closest would be Elena's Filipino Food or Tanioka's in Waipahu.

On the way to the North Shore, I would definitely stop by the Dole Plantation and get a Dole Whip. For food, there's Giovanni's Shrimp truck and Matsumoto's for Shave Ice, these are probably the two most popular places in the North Shore.

You said traffic was bad... Did you attempt to daytrip to Waikiki and if you did, how long did it take to get there?

With little or no traffic, it's approx 45 minutes to Honolulu/Waikiki. Try to avoid the peak traffic times - early morning and mid-late afternoon. If you left the Aulani at around 10 or 11am, getting into town should not be as bad.

Here now. Aloha salads is great, gotten takeout twice, easy to do when running into Target for something. If you plan your day trip to Waikiki on the weekends, parking at The Waikiki Shopping Center next to the Outrigger offers parking from 6-6 on Saturday and Sunday. We experienced no traffic driving in yesterday, Sunday. For malasadas, Leonard's is two minutes from Diamond Head. We stopped yesterday after the climb. If you plan to eat at Giovanni's, there are tons of stands along the way with fresh cut fruit, couple dollars a bag. So much better than the fruit at Target. There are vendors in the same parking lot. Giovanni's is cash only. At sunset beach is Ted's bakery, stop for a slice of cream pie and they have great pastries for breakfast (enjoy them in your room the next morning) coconut turnovers, pineapple muffins. Google maps/GPS has worked out great on our phones. Go to tripadvisor.com Oahu forum, on the right side of the page, take note of the driving tours. There are three, we've done part of two of them, have seen a lot. Some have asked about the studio frig, there is a small freezer section. I emailed DVC member months ago with my room request, it was granted by the way. Like I said, I am here now, fire away with questions, I will try to answer if I can.

Here now. Aloha salads is great, gotten takeout twice, easy to do when running into Target for something. If you plan your day trip to Waikiki on the weekends, parking at The Waikiki Shopping Center next to the Outrigger offers parking from 6-6 on Saturday and Sunday. We experienced no traffic driving in yesterday, Sunday. For malasadas, Leonard's is two minutes from Diamond Head. We stopped yesterday after the climb. If you plan to eat at Giovanni's, there are tons of stands along the way with fresh cut fruit, couple dollars a bag. So much better than the fruit at Target. There are vendors in the same parking lot. Giovanni's is cash only. At sunset beach is Ted's bakery, stop for a slice of cream pie and they have great pastries for breakfast (enjoy them in your room the next morning) coconut turnovers, pineapple muffins. Google maps/GPS has worked out great on our phones. Go to tripadvisor.com Oahu forum, on the right side of the page, take note of the driving tours. There are three, we've done part of two of them, have seen a lot. Some have asked about the studio frig, there is a small freezer section. I emailed DVC member months ago with my room request, it was granted by the way. Like I said, I am here now, fire away with questions, I will try to answer if I can.

What room did you request?

We are in an ocean view studio. I requested floors 12 and above ending in 54. Ocean view, close to elevator, close to trash and ice, can hear nightly music from down below.

We are in an ocean view studio. I requested floors 12 and above ending in 54. Ocean view, close to elevator, close to trash and ice, can hear nightly music from down below.

Bamor, why the specific request? Are the rooms "ending in 54" better?

We have booked an ocean view studio. Would they put you where you can't really see the ocean unless you requeest "12 or above"?

I think some ocean views are partial. Check the views thread. I liked the idea of being able to hear the night time music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter