Aulani in March or April

MouseOfCards

Finally jumped in . . .
We've been to Aulani in September and thought that it was perfect! We're thinking of doing a trip to Aulani in March (1st or 2nd week) or April (3rd or 4th week) next year. We don't want to be there during the busy spring break periods. Any experience on how the weather and crowds are during those 2 times?

We go in late April over my wife's birthday (23rd), and it's always lovely, not too hot, not too rainy. Aulani is in a great location that shields it from a lot of the rain the rest of the island sees.

Just be aware that earlier in the month can get VERY busy around Spring Break, and the last week of April is Japan's "Golden Week", which also brings a lot of tourists. So the third week of April just happens to work well for us.

Your biggest crowds will be the third and fourth week of April. You state you want to avoid busy spring break crowds but the problem in 2017 is that Easter week is the third week of April which will then be followed by the Japanese holiday week. If you want lower crowds choose your other option, first or second week of March.

Thanks for all the info! Do alot of visitors come from Japan during Golden Week? We also heard that the LPGA brings in crowds to Ko Olina every April. We'll probably lean for March.

We are looking to book for April 10th, but really have no choice as that is our Spring Break. Will we have trouble with the 7mo. booking window?

We are looking to book for April 10th, but really have no choice as that is our Spring Break. Will we have trouble with the 7mo. booking window?

It is one of the Easter weeks and you may have some issues. Definitely will face issues if seeking standard view or hotel room which filled for majority of days before 7 months out. For the two Easter weeks in 2016, 1BRs and dedicated 2BRs were open in the other views but studios (and thus also 2BR lock-offs) had some days missing in island garden view both weeks and poolside and ocean view end of first week and in second week.

It is one of the Easter weeks and you may have some issues. Definitely will face issues if seeking standard view or hotel room which filled for majority of days before 7 months out. For the two Easter weeks in 2016, 1BRs and dedicated 2BRs were open in the other views but studios (and thus also 2BR lock-offs) had some days missing in island garden view both weeks and poolside and ocean view end of first week and in second week.
Thank you! I hate being stuck with our travel dates but as our kids have gotten older having them miss too much school isn't a good thing. They will miss at least 3-4 days with this trip. We are looking to book a 2BR Ocean View but if I have to "settle" for another view because of availability I will. Our first 6 days of the trip are already booked in Waikiki in an Ocean View, so at least I'm guaranteed the sunsets on that leg. Thanks again!

Third week of March is traditionally a very busy time in Hawaii because the kids have a week off from school for Spring Break. There is also a big soccer tournament held that week, I tried this past March to get a room on points at Aulani and had zero luck.

Thanks for all the info! Do alot of visitors come from Japan during Golden Week? We also heard that the LPGA brings in crowds to Ko Olina every April. We'll probably lean for March.

We went to Hawaii on a trip many years ago at the end of April / beginning of May and happened to hit "golden week". VERY busy. LOTS of tourists from Japan. We were outnumbered for sure. I will avoid it at all costs on future trips... JM2C.

On a plus side, the earlier in the spring you go the better your odds of still catching some lingering whales before they migrate back to Alaska.

We went for our March break in 2015 (second week of March) and didn't find it too crowded. Weather was very nice, warm enough to enjoy the beach with a couple mid afternoon short showers that passed by quickly! And let's face it there was 4 feet of snow back home so just the fact I could stare at palm trees and not snow was awesome!

We are planning to go again next March, just waiting for the 7 month window to open up. Last year we did a 2-bedroom island view, this year hoping to get a 2-bedroom pool view!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter