Aulani help (we are back and need help with island hopping) page 5

We brought our Magellan GPS and it worked fine. It was actually pretty fun listening to it try to pronounce the names of streets in Hawaii. It was accurate in pronunciation most of the time!

I took a Tom Tom our last trip 2 years ago and it worked fine as well, though it totally butchered the Hawaiian names. This time (2 weeks!) I'm taking a Garmin which I also use in Europe. I don't expect any problems.

amw1064, can you post a pic of the Daily Iwa when you get to Aulani? We get there right after you do and I'd like to see the schedule of events for that week. Thanks!!

I just returned today (wahhh) with my 3 and 4 year olds from Phoenix- small world! My 4 year old says he wishes Arizona was Hawaii!
What a small world indeed! How was the flight? My 4 year old usually travels well, but I'm still nervous! We opted for Hawaiian over US Air!

What a small world indeed! How was the flight? My 4 year old usually travels well, but I'm still nervous! We opted for Hawaiian over US Air!
Us Too! The 8AM flight? I was so worried about the flight, but my kids did great. You can rent tablets for $15 which is what we did. We gave the kids our iPads and watched stuff on the rented ones. I had a good mix of new coloring books and small goodwill toys because in my head I didn't want them watching tv for 6 hours, but really, I didn't care! They played a bit and watched a bit. The breakfast was decent but the meal on the way back was awful! I was so glad we ate something in the airport! Have a wonderful trip!

I have come back to my own thread as we leave on Wednesday morning. I am excited/nervous. I do not like long flights and I am not a plane sleeper. I have my husband and my daughter's bags packed. Did my online check in, just rechecked the rental car price, got all my paperwork together and getting out some snacks for the plane. Tomorrow I will work on my bag and no doubt be making yet another Target run. Thank you so much to everyone who posted and answered all my questions over the last 6 months!

I will attempt to post a pictures of the daily newsletter. I did call today and they told me the Starlit Hui would be Monday/Thursday for the next few weeks.

I have come back to my own thread as we leave on Wednesday morning. I am excited/nervous. I do not like long flights and I am not a plane sleeper. I have my husband and my daughter's bags packed. Did my online check in, just rechecked the rental car price, got all my paperwork together and getting out some snacks for the plane.

How did you do online checkin? I tried today and the only options I had were WDW hotels?

JennisSilly, we are booked through DVC and I could do it either through the DVC site or I got an email yesterday, (you should get one today,) and that is how I did it.

How did you do online checkin? I tried today and the only options I had were WDW hotels?

That happened to me too but somewhere there was an option to choose WDW or Aulani (before the drop down list). If you go straight to the list, you only see WDW. Or maybe the Aulani is under the drop down. But, it is not IN the drop down, if that makes sense.

Thankyou Beachclub2014.
So our for sure outings are:
Pearl Harbor/Aloha Swap meet

We loved the stadium swap meet. It was very hot - bring ice water! - but great bargains. For instance, lovely kukui nut leis at prices less than what shops on the other islands can even get them at wholesale due to shipping costs - they were jealous of our finds :) We just bought all our gifts there and shipped everything back so as not to weigh down our luggage. Aulani has those prepaid post office boxes at the concierge desks, btw.

Good to know they have the pre-paid post office boxes at the front desks. We used them when we were on Maui and most of the stuff we shipped was waiting for us when we got home. So convenient! And it was great not having to load up the suitcases with purchases. The swap meet was great, too and I will agree on the water.

We loved the stadium swap meet. It was very hot - bring ice water! - but great bargains. For instance, lovely kukui nut leis at prices less than what shops on the other islands can even get them at wholesale due to shipping costs - they were jealous of our finds :) We just bought all our gifts there and shipped everything back so as not to weigh down our luggage. Aulani has those prepaid post office boxes at the concierge desks, btw.

Can anyone share whats going on with the Four Seasons??? We are headed to Aulani in Sept, and didnt know if there was "construction" going on regularly. and how disruptive it might be. The Four Season website says its opening in early 2016, but cant find much else about it..
Thanks!

JennisSilly, we are booked through DVC and I could do it either through the DVC site or I got an email yesterday, (you should get one today,) and that is how I did it.

Thank you everyone, I figured it out and got us checked in today! Woo hoo!

Following along so that I get as much information as possible before our April, 2016 trip.

Can anyone share whats going on with the Four Seasons??? We are headed to Aulani in Sept, and didnt know if there was "construction" going on regularly. and how disruptive it might be. The Four Season website says its opening in early 2016, but cant find much else about it..
Thanks!

We left Aulani last night after staying for 12 days. The Four Seasons was fenced off, and we weren't aware of any construction until yesterday. Granted, we spent the last several days offsite from early morning until evening. Jackhammers were breaking up concrete from mid-morning on yesterday, and they had heavy equipment in moving around debris.

Just spent a week at Aulani on our 2nd stay there this last January and returning for a couple of nights pre-DCL cruise in September. While I dread the thoughts of more construction (we were there during the enhancements project 2 years ago), I for one am pretty excited that Aulani will have a Four Seasons resort right next door. Spiffs up an already pretty posh neighborhood. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter