Aulani Feb 2013 expansion

Jamie

Mouseketeer
We are going to Aulani in February and are not too excited about the expansion. Last year we spent a lot of time at the quiet pool which will be closed this trip. So for all you expansion experts...where is the best place to hang out that is somewhat quiet? Also what are the plans for the quiet pools area?

DVCNews had an article about the enhancement projects at Aulani. Click here to read the article and view photo.

I'm not sure what would be the quietest section if the Wailana Pool is not available during your trip. There are plenty of chairs in front of Ama Ama that face the lagoon and that area should be quiet, but there isn't any shade in that area.

Have fun on your trip!

Thanks, I too had thought about that area but like you said there is no shade. I sort of feel like it's getting harder to enjoy Aulani if you do not have kids.

We will also be there in February and I was wondering if anyone has heard if we will be getting any kind of refund of some points or anything like some others have reported getting because of the construction. We have gotten nothing by email yet about the expansion.

The Ama Ama deck would be your best bet for some quiet time. From there the construction noise is totally minimal, and with the waterfall in the background the noise from the main pool is minimal as well. Not only is it peaceful but you get the best view in the valley of the ocean. The only downside to sitting on the Ama Ama deck is lack of shade, it's sunny over that way pretty much the entire day since there are no trees or umbrellas. It's pretty secluded over there though, not too many guests venture that way unless they want to read or sleep in quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter