Aulani DVC Villas vs. hotel rooms

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
I'm confused about something and I'm hoping someone here can help me clarify something.

When I visit Aulani's website, there's mention of the DVC Villas and the hotel rooms. Are the DVC Villas only accessible to the people that have bought the Disney time share or can a regular person book either the hotel rooms or the Villas at Aulani?

halfmonkey said:
I'm confused about something and I'm hoping someone here can help me clarify something.

When I visit Aulani's website, there's mention of the DVC Villas and the hotel rooms. Are the DVC Villas only accessible to the people that have bought the Disney time share or can a regular person book either the hotel rooms or the Villas at Aulani?

You can book either, however paying cash for the villas are pretty.expensive. if that is something you are interested in, renting points from a member directly or through an agency is a much better value for your money:)

For instance I paid $400 a nt for rack rate for a standard room for a last minute stay (and noticed that the one bedroom villa was nearly $900). But I paid $500 a NT for the one bedroom villa through renting points. Much better deal!

We are not DVC owners, but we have stayed at Aulani three times, twice doing a split between regular hotel rooms and DVC villas. Each time we booked directly with Disney. Our first three trips, our one bedroom villa was in the $500 range (about the same or a little less than a standard hotel room). This year it's in the $800-900 range for our two trips. I don't know if this is a trend or I just got lucky on the other trips, but I suggest you just price them out by doing a search and pressing the Aulani Villas button on the top right to compare prices. As long as the rooms show up during the internet search, they should be available for non-DVC owner's to book at the rates listed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter