Aulani Construction

nitrame

Earning My Ears
Going to in a couple of weeks to aulani. I know about the starlight hui being closed, but was hoping someone there now could tell me about what is going on? How bad is the construction? Noise?

I am here right now. The only construction currently is up by the lobby. You can hear it on occasion but its not awful. There is some scaffolding visible on the balconies of the new wing where they are doing finish work but there's no noise from it.

I've spent the last 3 days in cabana 1 at the pool and i have not been bothered by it. I think it will be more distracting when the pool expansion begins but I don't know when that will be.

Thanks for the update.....wifey and I will be there Sept 28th - Oct 12th and didn't know what to expect......we have an ocean view and hope it all works out.....thanks again!

We just got back after spending a week there. Not worth the worries as far as I am concerned. If you are out by the pool or the beach you can't hear any construction noise. We were not bothered by it.

Presently, the construction is very low keyed and hardly noticeable. However, the construction will pick up in the next week or so. I'm trying to gather some information and report back in more detail in the next few days.

My family is traveling to Oahu next June. I hesitate to reserve anything at Aulani because of the construction, but I also don't want to miss it.
I don't think it will be finished by then and I don't want to stay at a construction site on vacation.
Let us all know if you find out!

I believe June 13th is the planned opening of the third phase... I may be wrong, but that date sounds right.

Been here since last friday and will be here for another week.....the Disney construction is hardly noticeable for now.....what you all may want to think about is the construction over at the "now closed for repaIrs" JW Marriot next door! Much louder and intrusive than Disneys.....BTW, sat through a time share presentation from Marriot for a free sunset cruise.....very uncomfortable to sit through....hard,pressurized selling techniques.....

Also, good to note....we've been exploring the island every other day, so we're not at the resort as often as some folks might be....

Been here since last friday and will be here for another week.....the Disney construction is hardly noticeable for now.....what you all may want to think about is the construction over at the "now closed for repaIrs" JW Marriot next door! Much louder and intrusive than Disneys.....

Do you know when the construction at the Marriott is supposed to be finished? I thought they did a big renovation, but that it was over a year ago or so?

....supposedly the restaurants and spa are still open, but a bit spooky to walk around, especially at night.....when we went on our timeshare presentation trip ~ they took us to the much nicer Marriot vacation club villas on the other side of Aulani.....and we asked about the JW, the sales guy said it will be going on until next September.....since both Aulani and the JW are in the early stages of construction.....its not so bad......but i would be cautious during the upcoming winter months as the construction intensifies, especially around the Aulani pools AND the JW pools....which are within earshot of each other.....if your not venturing inland during your trip, it may become a problem....on the flip side, with the JW closed, it does have a positive effect on the lagoon population....much less crowded than expected and the noise is muffled as well....as disney always does, they try their best to not intrude on your vacation....workers are not loud and obnoxious themselves, you hardly notice them...i would say, that if you are like us....where we've gone out into Oahu every other day to sightsee, hike, eat and explore.....you'll be fine.....if you're staying at the resort most of the time..two things will happen.....the consistent noise will become an afterthought....or it will ruin your vacation, depends on the individual i guess.....also, the balcony doors at Aulani are heavy and thick....case in point, we are in room 964....this room is ocean view but also overlooks the area where they are setting up for the new Starlight Hui.....they practice, test the show EVERY night and we all know how loud Disney shows can be.....this goes on until 10p or so......we love it, they do sounds checks with great music and dress rehearsals as well...just by the way it looks, it seems they are almost done with it and will be launching it soon, hopefully before we leave next Friday.....anyway, what i was going to say is the doors are almost sound proof...yeah, that thick and heavy.....if we didn't want to hear our nightly Hui....we just closed the door....let me know any other questions....its nice being here and reporting back in between activities.....Aloha!

You are the second person to report they are in a villa in Aulani's Phase 3. Is villa #964 an Ocean View studio or one-bedroom?

I was hoping guests in the villas in Aulani's Phase 3 that on the ocean side would have a good view of the Starlit Hui. We didn't have a chance to see the Starlit Hui last month because it went into hiatus right before we arrived.

I agree with you that the Aulani villas have really good soundproofing. We had a Pool View Studio (#304) that faced the Menehune Bridge and kids' water play area. Although the sounds from the splashing water and playing kids were quite noisy, we couldn't hear much if we closed the balcony door. Even with the balcony door open, the sounds from Waikolohe Valley became a white noise that we quickly got use to.

If you get a chance, I'd appreciate it if you could add a photo of your villa and view to the Aulani Villas and Views thread. I don't have any photos from the Phase 3 villas yet.

Mahalo!

You are the second person to report they are in a villa in Aulani's Phase 3. Is villa #964 an Ocean View studio or one-bedroom?

I was hoping guests in the villas in Aulani's Phase 3 that on the ocean side would have a good view of the Starlit Hui. We didn't have a chance to see the Starlit Hui last month because it went into hiatus right before we arrived.

I agree with you that the Aulani villas have really good soundproofing. We had a Pool View Studio (#304) that faced the Menehune Bridge and kids' water play area. Although the sounds from the splashing water and playing kids were quite noisy, we couldn't hear much if we closed the balcony door. Even with the balcony door open, the sounds from Waikolohe Valley became a white noise that we quickly got use to.

If you get a chance, I'd appreciate it if you could add a photo of your villa and view to the Aulani Villas and Views thread. I don't have any photos from the Phase 3 villas yet.

Mahalo!

Yes, 964 is an ocean view studio room overlooking the new Hui area.

I will add the pics, no problem.

Also, I don't know if anyone mentioned this as they just pulled back the walls yesterday, but their is now a grilling area - with 4 stainless steel Viking grills - about 10-15 feet past One Paddle, Two Paddle/behind Aunties Beach House....this is also one of the paths that will eventually run to the new Hui area.....thanks - 5 more days here!! Truly paradise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter