Aulani and dates

Carriemel

Emma Clare's Mommy
Is Saturday an easier day to start a vacation or would it be easier to start on a Sunday? Meaning, do you think it would be easier to get a reservation on points that starts on Sat vs Sunday?

Hmm .. Interesting question. FWIW, we would normally continue our travel through Sunday but our flights home from HI are often redeye resulting in Saturday checkout for Sunday arrival at home.

We booked Wednesday to Wednesday for our trip next April because of the airfare. It's cheaper to fly on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

I figure with the price of everything else for our trip, it's best to save where you can. ;)

Good luck with your decision. :thumbsup2

Have no idea and I'm not sure that I would believe anyone if they claimed to have an opinion. :goodvibes

Even if Saturday is a popular arrival day, some guests may be staying for 8 nights and departing on the following Sunday. That means the villa they are vacating won't be freed-up until Sun.

Given the size of Aulani, there will be an extremely high degree of 7 month booking success for those calling right at 7 months. The resort just won't fill up with owners on any consistent basis prior to 7 months.

I wouldn't necessarily bank on getting Standard View or some of the peak holiday periods. But right at 7 months there will (IMO) be most often be hundreds of rooms left to book.

As time goes on things will fill up and the longer you wait, the greater chance you will have to tweak your travel dates in order to secure a room.

I am an owner at Aulani, so I should be able to book at 11 months... Therefore, I *probably* won't have any problems, right?

I am an owner at Aulani, so I should be able to book at 11 months... Therefore, I *probably* won't have any problems, right?
I wouldn't expect any troubles at 11 months unless you had your heart set on standard view Grand Villas?

If you have quick fingers, you should be able to call in and get any thing you want at 11 months out.

We like other's have mentioned are arriving and departing mid week. Our trip spans from a Tuesday arrival until Thursday the next week.

Since points are the same rate the whole week I'd not be surprised if people really watch air prices to save a little cash

We booked Wednesday to Wednesday for our trip next April because of the airfare. It's cheaper to fly on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

I figure with the price of everything else for our trip, it's best to save where you can. ;)

This looks like what we will be doing. We are planning on an August trip but I want to book airfare soon since I have been watching it rise already and we are still 10 months out! We have enough points to stay a week in any view one bedroom for 7 nights. Of course I want to save as many points as possible but I also want a room to go with the airfare I am buying. :) I just hope we can get anything for the week we want.

Ditto here, Wed-Wed :thumbsup2

Right now it seems like everything is available ... looks like a lot of people are going with midweek reservations (which we often fly out midweek from the islands for that reason), though we watch tourists fly in primarily on Saturday and departing on Sunday from Maui, (grr, hate traffic near the airport where the Costco is on the weekends!) usually with a 8 or 15 day spread in the middle ... keep in mind too that some will be island hopping, which will make the trends more difficult to figure out. Also throw in the locals & neighbor-islanders like myself who will be booking 2 night stays on the weekends (Fri-Sat highly likely, though those that work in hospitality/tourism often have tues-wed off), and its going to be anybody's guess what will go first. You're pretty safe at the 11 month mark and judging from trips I've been thinking about for the next couple of months you should be able to get whatever you want even if your trip is less than 7, at least for the next few years. :thumbsup2

Just booked a 1-BR Ocean View at the 7-month date (June 2-8 reservation, Saturday to Friday). Was told that there was "good availability" for these rooms when I called.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter