Aulani and area.... fishing???

flowrida

Mouseketeer
My other half has (with great pain it appears) agreed to give up his September Vero Beach trip this year to visit Hawaii - providing I can find him some decent shore fishing spots! Can anyone make my life a little easier by confirming that there are some totally accessible fishing locations??

Thanks in advance!

All beaches in Hawaii are publicand he can be very productive.I have work in the fishing business covering the Hawaiian Islands for more than 10 years. People want to think exotic and heavy gear went fishing Hawaii but most are wrong. The basics of fishing the beaches of Hawaii, are 6-8 pound test and a half ounce or lighter Kastmaster. . That's it. Don't overthink it. You can use any fishing rod that holds 6 to 8 pound line. I prefer a two or four piece salmon steelhead rod greater than 8 feet. In Hawaii this is called "whipping" . The next tactic that is used for shore fishing in Hawaii is a float and a small one to 2 inch plastic grub. Tying the float to your mainline attaching a leader to the other side of the float and a small hook with a 1 to 2 inch curly tail plastic grab with about a 6' leader. This is a real and splash technique. Very fast-moving and nonstop will attract a bite. I like fishing this way because I can travel with my four piece rods in my checking luggage. Lately I have found that Daiwa, TFO and okuma make the best travel rods. Anything greater than 7 foot will work fine but I choose 8 foot plus as he gives me more distance in casting. Again don't overthink it a Kastmaster is one Luer you can bring plenty of fish .. Excuse the typos, this was written by voice text

I think I have see folk fishing outside of the lagoon at Aulani, near the rocks, as fishing lines and swimmers would not go together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter