Aulani always booked all summer?

luvavacation

DIS Veteran
Since my family (all fully vaccinated as of next week!) can't go visit our relatives overseas this summer, we have the thought of going to Hawaii. Never been, always wanted to go, let's give it a try!

We are DVC members. About 2 or so years ago, I looked at going to Aulani in July after a cruise and found rooms for our points, but we ended up doing a different cruise destination. Fast forward to the summer 2021 search and we decided to try Hawaii as a destination. Bad idea.

For the last couple of weeks, I have been looking at Aulani availability, thinking there would be even more options than previous years, due to travel restrictions from other countries. There is nothing! All summer, nothing!

Is this a fluke in my search, or could Aulani really be completely booked all summer?

I did also search for cash stays, just to see what it would run, and there wasn't availability for that, either.

Due to work schedules and need of vacation approvals, our big trips can only be booked for the summer, and we can only book 3-4 months out. Is it the norm that, by March, Aulani is always booked for the summer DVC point stays? If so, I suppose we won't ever be going there as long as we stay at our present employers. 😞

It’s not my favorite time of year to go to hawaii, but I think it’s very popular due to summer vacation-and this year lots of people in addition to you have points to burn. DVC in general is just really hard to make work if you can never book more than 4 months out, especially at sites outside of WDW where there aren’t multiple resorts to chose from.

Since my family (all fully vaccinated as of next week!) can't go visit our relatives overseas this summer, we have the thought of going to Hawaii.

I think you summed it up there! Hawaii is generally more popular during the summer in any normal year, but this year millions of people who would normally choose to go overseas are unable to and many have decided to go there instead. I'm sure you won't have these problems in future years.

Having been fortunate enough to visit twice (from the UK) the vast majority of tourists were from the US, so the lack of international travel will only increase demand rather than decrease it.

Thanks for the help in explaining what’s happening! Such a bummer, but it is what it is.

Douglas Dubh, one of my family members is a teacher and teachers report back in early August in her district. Work really does get in the way of having fun! 😄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter