Aulani Airport shuttle

losfp

Mouseketeer
Hi guys,

Just in the middle of our big trip and working out that we are in real trouble with luggage space. As such, I'm considering cancelling our rental car in Hawaii and getting an airport shuttle or similar. Does anyone have any experiences with getting an airport shuttle out to Aulani? Would need to be able to carry 4 passengers, 7-8 large suitcases and a few carry on bags.

Ring Charleys Taxis and ask. They have set deals with Aulani. phone 0011-1-808-531-1300

We always ask for a van and the set rate is $55.00 each way. You might need two of them.

Last edited:
Colin is right, this is the only company I would deal with for transport to/from Aulani.

After you are at Aulani and actually want a car the Alamo desk is great, just remember to do the reservation online in advance so you get the low Australian resident rate that includes all the important insurance as the desk can not offer it (location online is Kapolei, HI - Hawaii Aulani Resort). The daily rate is US$54 up depending on the size of car.

Having said that, a minivan like a Dodge Grand Caravan should be fine to take this amount of luggage and passengers. We have done it many times with 4 adults, the seats in the back fold into the floor so the 7-8 suitcases fit in the back half and carry-ons go in the remaining space around the middle passenger seats. Having said that, all vehicles and bags are slightly different and so it may not be possible (particularly if hard cases) and it does take time to get on/off the rental car shuttles, sort out the car and load/unload when you should be relaxing at Aulani.

Two votes for Charley's. That's good enough for me. It would have been nice to have a car to drive around, but I think with the way we're going, we're going to want to spend our five days just relaxing at Aulani!! We can always book a separate tour if we want to look around one of the days. And with parking etc and the hassle of organising rentals and lugging car seats around, we will be glad to just have a simple option.

I'll give them a call in the next day or two to organise.

thanks all.

Two votes for Charley's. That's good enough for me. It would have been nice to have a car to drive around, but I think with the way we're going, we're going to want to spend our five days just relaxing at Aulani!! We can always book a separate tour if we want to look around one of the days. And with parking etc and the hassle of organising rentals and lugging car seats around, we will be glad to just have a simple option.

I'll give them a call in the next day or two to organise.

thanks all.

When we arrive at Honolulu I call Charley's and tell them the type of taxi we want and the pickup location at arrivals. I call from the public phone, it costs 2 X 25 cents to make the call, sometimes you get the coins back. It is not like Australia where there are taxis waiting.

When we leave Aulani I go down to the bell services outside and ask them to book a taxi for the next morning. This is important as there may not be any taxis at the resort at the pickup time required. I would allow plenty of time as the traffic back to the airport can very slow on weekdays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter