Aulani 7 months out?

bounceliketigger

DIS Veteran
Hi folks. Wondering how tough it is to book Aulani 7 months out, since it's not our home? Any advice, other than adding points there? Lol
Thanks!

I had no trouble booking 7 months out. We are going in Janaury 2013 and all room types were available when I went online to book it at 8AM excatly 7 months out. I needed 8 days so I called MS later in the day and they added the last day for me.

The only time I've noticed any problems with availability at the 7-month mark was for the period around mid-June. In 2012, Aulani changed from the Choice Season to the more expensive Magic season on June 27. I think a lot of people were trying to save points by booking right before the season switched, resulting in some accommodations being unavailable in mid June. My sister booked a 1-bedroom for 6/15-21/2012 right at 7 months, and she was told by the CM at MS that she was getting the last 1-bedroom for those 6 nights.

Good luck!

The only time I've noticed any problems with availability at the 7-month mark was for the period around mid-June. In 2012, Aulani changed from the Choice Season to the more expensive Magic season on June 27. I think a lot of people were trying to save points by booking right before the season switched, resulting in some accommodations being unavailable in mid June. My sister booked a 1-bedroom for 6/15-21/2012 right at 7 months, and she was told by the CM at MS that she was getting the last 1-bedroom for those 6 nights.

Good luck!

We were members looking to save points and we went this past June before the more expensive Magic Season started. We didn't have any problems getting a reservation exactly at 7 months for our trip for June 6-13. However there were many posts around this time that some did have issues or had to WL.

Just booked DD's honeymoon for February 2013 :goodvibes Called at exactly 7 months and all views were available. :thumbsup2

seeing that its a ghost town there all year round, sure you wont have any issue getting in at 7 months....If you tried at 5, 4 , or even 3 months months you would prob still get it, heck you could prob even get next week if you want. dont quote me on that one...prob an exxageration on the week out..

I booked Aulani today for Feb. 15, 2013 at exactly 7 months (8am) online. I got what I was looking for - a studio, Island Gardens View. Out of curiousity, I checked tonight to see if there was still availability - both standard view and island garden view studios are now unavailable on the 15th. Glad I booked first thing this morning! It is President's Day weekend (the 15th is the Friday before), so that probably has something to do with it...

We booked feb. 10-17 2013 right at 7 months and didn't have a problem. Tool a look yesterday and four of the days are booked. I think it should'nt be a problem on opening day but I wouldn't wait too long after that otherwise you may end up on the dreaded wait list. Yikes.

I wanted to book a two bedroom DVC villa for sometime during the month of July, 2012. I attempted to do so at the 7 month mark with absolutely no luck. I called every day for over a month. I was finally able to book the room that I wanted for the middle of this August.

We booked 7 months out and had no problem....(although after receiving word of the impending expansion, I wish we would have waited! ) :)

I recently booked a 1 bedroom Ocean View 7 months out for next February with no issues whatsoever. Lots of availability in that category anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter