August trip to disneyland

vinnie_a72

crazy for disney
We will be heading to dl Aug 4 through 9th and staying at DL hotel. We have been to the world many times in the summer. I am not sure what to expect from this time of year at DL. Has anyone that has recently visited noticed a difference in the crowd levels because of the economy.
vince

I'm hearing that crowds are lower than usual for the summer, especially compared to the past couple of years. The crowds were high for the 50th. Climatewise, you should find DL much more pleasant than WDW during the summer -- unless of course, you love humidity, 98 degree temps at 8 AM, and afternoon thundershowers.

We have been in July 07 and Sept 07, but not Aug. Both times I don't remember thinking it was horribly crowded, but since we had been recently and were coming back soon, we were pretty relaxed with our trip.

I know that it is always more crowded on the weekends, more so in the summer. If you know what to expect and plan for the potential of crowds, you'll be fine. Make sure to read hydroguys tips in the sticky on the top of the page. There's lots of good info there.

Hey, we will be there August 4th-9th as well, staying at Hojos's though. I am originally from the south but have lived in the midwest for 5 years now and believe me, I do not miss the humidity.

Hope you guys have fun!

I know that it is always more crowded on the weekends, more so in the summer. If you know what to expect and plan for the potential of crowds, you'll be fine. Make sure to read hydroguys tips in the sticky on the top of the page. There's lots of good info there.
Here is one in particular: "Getting The Most Out of a Summer Visit To DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1345319

I love, love, love summer visits to DLR. But it can be a downer if not done properly. :)

I'll be there around the same time, staying at DLH. Debating on picking up premium seating for Fantasmic, but if crowds are low maybe we'll just duke it out for seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter