August/September Disneyers...let's get in shape for our trip!!

Mind if I join?

I'm Jen, mom to 6 including twin girls who just turned 1 last week. I've gained 35 lbs since last August :sad2: (I'm embarassed to type that!) and was overweight to begin with.

My goal is to get at least 30 of those pounds off by Sept. 1st. Not using any plan or diet, just doing this on my own.

edited to add that we are headed to FL sometime in Sept, have not yet booked out flights so we have not locked in our dates!

:welcome: Jen!

Okay, I am at the last day of the 3 day raw veggie and red meat part of my diet. I am losing my mind.:scared1: This has been the worst 3 days ever!!!! I broke down and ate a small york peppermint candy this afternoon while my family was outside.:sad2: I know I shouldn't have done it but, I swear it kept me sane. I can't wait till tomorrow when I can eat carbs and fruit again, even if it is in limited amounts.

Cathy, I don't know HOW you are getting through that diet, but my gosh, you must be doing better than I would! I would lose my mind if I couldn't have just a little bit of chocolate or something. And red meat? :crazy2: I am not a red meat eater by any stretch. Sunday is almost here though!!

Welcome Jen! Wow, you must busy! Thanks for introducing yourself Pam! Great job on those strict 3 days Cathy! Wow, I feel like I've been very bad in comparison! I'm definitely doing better than I was before we started this but I think I've just probably stopped GAINING weight. The losing part doesn't seem to be happening very effectively. I think I've got to be more strict with my eating. I've cut out some junk but still likely eat too much at meals! (At least too much to LOSE weight!) Ugh! On the bright side, I've only missed a couple days this week of my 20 minutes of exercise/day in May goal (thanks for the inspiration Kaiti!). So I'm going to make up for it by going on a long Mother's Day hike tomorrow!!! (Did any one else watch Modern Family this week??? :rotfl:)

Updated list of joiners for quick reference:
Tara (NewlyDisneyCrazed): married, 2 kids, Goal: lose 20 lbs by Aug.24 (50 total to lose)
Krista (Brownsfan): mom to 11 year old Goal: down 20 more lbs by Sept. trip (already down 38 lbs! )
Cathy (Riverhill): mom to DD16, joined weight loss clinic to lose weight before Aug. 22 trip.
Jennifer (QueenCityDiva): married, mom of 2, getting ready for Sept. romantic vacation!
Kaiti (JacksLilWench): Goal: to exercise 20 min/day...great idea!
Nyc (B's Marie): Mom to 3, Goal: lose 20 lbs and exercise 5x/week
Jen (shaylyn): Mom to 6(!!!), Goal: 30 lbs by Sept. 1
Pam (peaceluv&mickeymouse): Goal: lose 20 lbs by Aug. 20th trip
NickNElliesMom: single, 2 kids, Goal: 20 lbs by Aug. 21st trip (50 total to lose)
BlackPearl: Goal: to be fit! (60 total to lose)

I'm so sorry that I haven't posted! It's been a busy busy week. But on the upside I did finally get my bike down off the hook from the garage and hoping to go for a nice long ride with the kids tomorrow. How's everybody doing this weekend? We had cupcakes for my son's b-day today, and I passed on eating them. But tomorrow's cake might be harder to say no to...

Hi NickNEllies mom! Since you passed on cupcakes today, I would totally allow myself to have a small piece for Mother's Day! That might not be the best dieting advice but I don't think we should stop living! It's about making healthy choices MOST of the time, right? And it's a triumph for me to have a piece of cake instead of the whole cake. ;) We've got a family party tomorrow too (weekends are killer!) but I'm hoping the food will be offset by the hike!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mom's on the thread!!!!!

Oh, and if you all feel like I'm being too easy on myself, please tell me because it's probably true! I'm not really dropping those 20 lbs very quickly, am I? :confused3

That might not be the best dieting advice but I don't think we should stop living! It's about making healthy choices MOST of the time, right?

I say, everything in moderation, including moderation ;)

But I have to admit, I'm not doing too well either! :( I missed my exercise goal minutes by just 30 last week, and I really want to make up for it this week. So that means I have to do 25 minutes a day this week...which isn't that bad. But I'm still bummed I missed my goal by such a small number. But it's okay! I'll get them in somehow.

But I must say I don't think I've lost anything this week...I'm almost afraid I've gained :scared1: I'll have to find out tomorrow morning when I get up on the scale. Maybe it'll inspire me to go on an even LONGER run, haha. I feel like I shouldn't laugh, it's pretty frustrating to me that I can't seem to get rid of any of this weight :confused3 I am definitely gonna have to step it up over the coming weeks and start being a little more accountable.

Well today was the first day on normal food. I think I am going to bust. 3 cups of broccoli is a lot of food. I never thought I would say this but I do not want to eat any more today. :confused3

The basics for the diet is I need to eat 2.5 servings of Protein/ 3 fruits/ 3 veggies/ 3 starches plus 3 of these high protein snack bars or shakes.

I will check in tomorrow to see how much weight I have lost. So, far it has been 6.5lbs but I think that is water weight.

I just know I could not do it on my own, I am way too nice to myself.

Thank you to all of you for being there for me to vent to.:grouphug:

Happy Mothers Day to the MOMS:flower3:

I did have some desert today for Moms day:rolleyes1

But back to no sweets Monday. Doing pretty good with the healthy snacks, just have to make sure I get to the gym for a workout tomorrow:cool1:

My daughter just finished her exams for this semester so she will start going to the gym with me. My husband is also trying to loose a few pounds so it helps when you have more than one person in the house working on the same goal.:thumbsup2

Hi guys-Happy Mother's Day to everyone! I hope everyone had a great day!

Haven't been on because it has been such a crazy week. Thank goodness finals are over with! Unfortunately, I did not eat the best this past week and the added stress did not help. I gained 3 lb!!!!!

Late this afternoon though, my DS, the dog and I went for a 2 mile hike. I am hoping that now that class is over I will have more time to focus on working out more and eating better.

I was also trying to plot out my days for my Disney trip and where we are going to eat. Does anyone have any favorite "healthy" items (particularly from the quick service restaurants) that they love??? In the past we have done the dining plan. As much as I love to sit down and eat (especially at the breakfast buffets!!!:love:), to have even 1 QS and 1 TS is too much food. I think I am going to try to stick with QS this time. All I remember from the QS is a chicken wrap that was pretty good. I also would get the lemonade as my drink because it was "light" and only 15 calories (I cannot drink diet pop). Thanks in advance for any QS healthy food tips!

Happy belated Mother's Day to all the moms! Sorry I didn't "visit" yesterday, but my family was in Philadelphia for the Susan G Komen walk.
It was a FABULOUS way to celebrate Mother's Day! ...and I got some exercise in while I was at it! Unfortunately, I ate not too well Saturday (when we got to Philly) and last night. My mother wanted fried chicken for her Mother's Day dinner...I couldn't refuse her, right?:laughing:
Back on track today, though! Have a great beginning to the week!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I've decided to weigh in twice a week--Monday and Thursday. There is no way I can keep myself from weighing only once a week! :laughing:

How about you ladies, when do you weigh yourself?

I'm starting today--soooo, weight loss to date: 0 (I should get a ticker)

Hope to have a good number on Thursday!

Jen

I am so the opposite of you, Jen. I feel like I'm gonna have to go to every two weeks, because I see a gain of like, half a pound and I just give up, lol. But maybe I should try it your way and see how I do...I might be more successful than I think!

I have been able to get 20 minutes in so far today, I just need to get another 10-I missed yesterdays' minutes for working out, so instead of 25 minutes a day, it's now a full 30 :eek: But I only have another 10 to do, and I'm thinking a little run with my new playlist will cover that :goodvibes

I will be weighing in 5 days a week for the first next 2 weeks. Then 3 times a week after that. Of course having to weigh in in front of strangers is a great motivator to stay on track. I don't mind disappointing myself but I would feel awful if I disappointed someone else.

Down 8lbs so far. :cool1:

I love the idea of weighing in in front of others (so to speak)!
I will weigh in starting Wednesday then every other day from there. My trip is scheduled for August 18th.. ps I saw pics of me from yesterday ... YUCK!!!!!

Jen, I weigh myself every morning if I remember. If I forget and eat breakfast, then I don't do it (always higher than the day before's pre-breakfast weight...too depressing!)
I like the consistent feedback. If I eat crappy, I can see the consequence on the scale the next day. It might not be real weight but even just water retention weight makes me realize that I really shouldn't have eaten those chips! (for instance!) If I have a good day, the scale is usually rewarding. I'm realistic about minor fluctuations and don't let them get me too down. BUT, like this past week, I've been within the same 1.5 lbs ALL week long and that's how I know I'm not losing overall. I'm on track for 20 min. of exercise per day though so I feel a bit better (less lethargic, more energy). That's at least good news!
Cathy, I think I need the public weigh-in thing too to get me motivated to start eating even better so I can start actually losing! I guess you guys will have to be my "audience" for now and I'll start posting my pounds lost regularly. Maybe every Thursday? (Jen, are you going to post your weight on Thursdays? I will too!)
Nyc, you have a good week too! Back on track! Yay!
Kaiti, I'm loving your 20 min/day in May exercise plan and good for you for catching up!
Krista, good luck now that your life is calmer. You can get back on track for sure!
Pam, I'm glad you've got your daughter and husband's support. My DH is SUPPOSED to stay on track with me but he's not doing well at it either. I keep warning him about how hot and uncomfortable he'll be in Florida in August but that's not motivating him yet!! :confused3

Thanks for the accountability ladies! I was heading to the kitchen and would have probably grabbed a snack (even though I'm not one bit actually hungry) but then I saw my laptop and decided to check in here instead. Now I'm going to have a big glass of water and go back upstairs to brush my teeth. I'll be so glad that I didn't eat unnecessarily at 9:30 pm when I get on that scale in the morning!! So THANK YOU! :thumbsup2

Updated list of joiners for quick reference:

Tara (NewlyDisneyCrazed): married, 2 kids, Goal: lose 20 lbs by Aug.24 (50 total to lose)
Krista (Brownsfan): mom to 11 year old Goal: down 20 more lbs by Sept. trip (already down 38 lbs! )
Cathy (Riverhill): mom to DD16, joined weight loss clinic to lose weight before Aug. 22 trip.
Jennifer (QueenCityDiva): married, mom of 2, getting ready for Sept. romantic vacation!
Kaiti (JacksLilWench): Goal: to exercise 20 min/day...great idea!
Nyc (B's Marie): Mom to 3, Goal: lose 20 lbs and exercise 5x/week
Jen (shaylyn): Mom to 6(!!!), Goal: 30 lbs by Sept. 1
Pam (peaceluv&mickeymouse): Goal: lose 20 lbs by Aug. 20th trip
NickNElliesMom: single, 2 kids, Goal: 20 lbs by Aug. 21st trip (50 total to lose)
BlackPearl: Goal: to be fit! (60 total to lose)

I am so the opposite of you, Jen. I feel like I'm gonna have to go to every two weeks, because I see a gain of like, half a pound and I just give up, lol. But maybe I should try it your way and see how I do...I might be more successful than I think!

I have been able to get 20 minutes in so far today, I just need to get another 10-I missed yesterdays' minutes for working out, so instead of 25 minutes a day, it's now a full 30 :eek: But I only have another 10 to do, and I'm thinking a little run with my new playlist will cover that :goodvibes

I do tend to slide back if I see a gain on the scale, perhaps I should hide my scale so I'm not tempted! Good job on the exercise!

I will be weighing in 5 days a week for the first next 2 weeks. Then 3 times a week after that. Of course having to weigh in in front of strangers is a great motivator to stay on track. I don't mind disappointing myself but I would feel awful if I disappointed someone else.

Down 8lbs so far. :cool1:

Great job! Where are you going that weighs you in 5 days a week? Maybe that is the motivation I need, public weigh ins!

I love the idea of weighing in in front of others (so to speak)!
I will weigh in starting Wednesday then every other day from there. My trip is scheduled for August 18th.. ps I saw pics of me from yesterday ... YUCK!!!!!

Good reminder that we should take before pics--we will all look much different in September!

Jen, I weigh myself every morning if I remember. If I forget and eat breakfast, then I don't do it (always higher than the day before's pre-breakfast weight...too depressing!)I guess you guys will have to be my "audience" for now and I'll start posting my pounds lost regularly. Maybe every Thursday? (Jen, are you going to post your weight on Thursdays? I will too!)

Sure, I'll post on Thursday. Hopefully that will help my food intake the next few days, haha. I did great yesterday until dinner when I ate too much.

As a sidenote, we booked our trip! Arriving Sept 15th at night and leaving on the 29th. I definitely do NOT want to carry around these extra 30lbs at each of the theme parks!

~Jen

Great job! Where are you going that weighs you in 5 days a week? Maybe that is the motivation I need, public weigh ins!

I am going to medical weight loss clinic in Michigan. My boss has lost 50lbs through their program so I thought "why not"!!. I am 41 and need to get this under control while I still have hormones to help :)

The nurse their said that if I stick to the plan I will be 140 by the time I go to WDW. I am not very trusting but I have seen the results first hand so I might as well give it all I got.

Besides I want to feel cute again!!!

Hi Everyone! I saw this thread mentioned on the weight loss for August thread on the Famlies board, and I wanted to join in! I have lost 30 through Weight Watchers and received Lifetime in February. I would still like to drop 15 more to get to my ultimate goal. I do much better if I feel someone is watching me, so I need you guys! I know I can do this if I just stay motivated. We'll be at WDW August 20-Sept 3. Do they make diet dole whips? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter