August - September 2013 Room-only Discounts

I am interested in booking for five nights starting Sept 27, room only using Disney Visa. My understanding is that only the first two nights, Sept 27 and Sept 28 would be discounted and then we would pay rack rate for the last two nights.

Can anyone verify? THANKS

That is correct. For room only discounts, only the nights that fall in the date range is covered.

I am interested in booking for five nights starting Sept 27, room only using Disney Visa. My understanding is that only the first two nights, Sept 27 and Sept 28 would be discounted and then we would pay rack rate for the last two nights.

Correct.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Yes, happened to me with the summer discount. I had to split my reservation and book AAA for the remaining days until the next promotion started and then I modified the AAA reservation

Yes, happened to me with the summer discount. I had to split my reservation and book AAA for the remaining days until the next promotion started and then I modified the AAA reservation

THANKS for the fast replies. We are currently holding a discounted reservation at the Swan, so all is good.

I know Disney Visa holders can book FD or RO discount today. I've been checking the Disney Visa site periodically and still have yet to see these discounts. They only show the ones up to August 14th.

When does this typically appear on the website? I have been a cardholder for awhile and to be honest, didn't even though that cardholders had this perk generally three days before general public discounts were available.

guess I haven't been checking the DIS regularly enough! LOL

I know Disney Visa holders can book FD or RO discount today. I've been checking the Disney Visa site periodically and still have yet to see these discounts. They only show the ones up to August 14th.

When does this typically appear on the website?

Whenever they get around to putting it on there -- typically sometime in the afternoon of the day it launches, but believe it or not, sometimes it doesn't show up for days! There have been times when anyone relying on the Disney Visa site for info would have missed the whole advance booking benefit, because the offer didn't go up on the site until the day the offer was available to the public. :confused3

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Whenever they get around to putting it on there -- typically sometime in the afternoon of the day it launches, but believe it or not, sometimes it doesn't show up for days! There have been times when anyone relying on the Disney Visa site for info would have missed the whole advance booking benefit, because the offer didn't go up on the site until the day the offer was available to the public. :confused3

Mary
MouseSavers.com

This must be why I didn't even know about it! I probably found out the same day or after the GP discounts were out so I just booked GP. That's crazy to me because the "perk" of having a Disney Visa basically disappears because it's unknown. and it's also crazy because we've been Disney Visa holders since 2004!

The more I deal with Disney, the more I realize you really have to do your research and really keep trying until you get the answer you're looking for. Thank you for helping because I go to MouseSavers alot :goodvibes

Will Caribbean Beach rooms most likely still be available when the offer is released to the GP on Thursday (since people are saying POR will be sold out)?

Big thanks to Joe and everyone else who came forward with this info in advance! Made all the waiting worth it! Got 30% off room! I would have never known. Still not posted on visa web site.....I booked directly thru Disney so no TA to give me the heads up otherwise. Thank you thank you thank you!

Ditto!!

I would like to all of you who post the info you have, know, or have reason to think will be helpful to all of us. It is soooooo appreciated!

I have been here on the boards, and prior to this year, had no knowledge of all your helpful knowledge with regard to possible discounts. Of course I have relied on the disboards for most discount information, but with regard to specific date (possibilities), I had no knowledge.

This has been so helpful to me this year with the unusual ways Disney has chosen to release their discounts. We have received either RO or FD discounts for more years than I can remember, it has become almost expected. It looks Disney is keeping us on our toes! I was on the verge of changing dates (and then trying to juggle adrs) so many times!! The information the three of you, and so many more have posted has helped me to keep my wits about me. I was able to get 20% off room only, based on my travel dates, which is better than the no discount at all I thought I would have based on travel during the last two weeks of August.

What I am taking away from this year's booking experience is this:

Take advantage of bounce back discounts!!!!!

For our family, for the foreseeable future, we will travel at approximately the same time period, with the same number of travelers, at the same resort. (Hopefully at least!) If I am lucky enough to find that lovely bounce back flyer in my room, I will, without fail, call before we check out! I will have a whole lot less stress next year at this time!

Thanks again, and good luck to all!

Ditto!!

I would like to all of you who post the info you have, know, or have reason to think will be helpful to all of us. It is soooooo appreciated!

I have been here on the boards, and prior to this year, had no knowledge of all your helpful knowledge with regard to possible discounts. Of course I have relied on the disboards for most discount information, but with regard to specific date (possibilities), I had no knowledge.

This has been so helpful to me this year with the unusual ways Disney has chosen to release their discounts. We have received either RO or FD discounts for more years than I can remember, it has become almost expected. It looks Disney is keeping us on our toes! I was on the verge of changing dates (and then trying to juggle adrs) so many times!! The information the three of you, and so many more have posted has helped me to keep my wits about me. I was able to get 20% off room only, based on my travel dates, which is better than the no discount at all I thought I would have based on travel during the last two weeks of August.

What I am taking away from this year's booking experience is this:

Take advantage of bounce back discounts!!!!!

For our family, for the foreseeable future, we will travel at approximately the same time period, with the same number of travelers, at the same resort. (Hopefully at least!) If I am lucky enough to find that lovely bounce back flyer in my room, I will, without fail, call before we check out! I will have a whole lot less stress next year at this time!

Thanks again, and good luck to all!

Thanks for that, it means a lot. And you're right about bounce backs, I've never bothered with them and no idea why, I guess I've always taken it for granted that the discounts will keep coming. It's my intent, if offered, to use a bounce back this year.

Joe,
Any idea on which discount would be applied to a CR Tower-Bay Lake View?

Thanks for your input!

Joe,
Any idea on which discount would be applied to a CR Tower-Bay Lake View?

Thanks for your input!

Not on the list? Hmm, I'm gonna say 5% like the others, unless they consider that a standard view, then it would be 20%.

If someone finds out how that's classified please let me know.

Joe, I have to thank you so much for the heads up on this discount! I was my CMs 1st caller this morning, no wait at all! She told me FD didn't start until 9/2...I quickly said I wanted the Disney Visa room offer as I thought it was being released today as well. 2 minutes later she came back with the exact offer you posted last week! I'm so thrilled! Even though the Poly is 20% off and not 30% it still saves me $1000!!!! If you hadn't posted all this wonderful info I would have never known...huge THANK YOU!!!!

Just wanted to post the experience I had (in case anyone was wondering :)). I had a very pleasant, but completely clueless CM this morning on my first call. She had no idea how to do what I asked (our visit spans the two discounted periods - 8/13-8/20), so at first she said I had a better deal already (the 30%) than the one that came out today (20%). I explained to her that the 30% only applied to my first two nights and I wanted to apply the 20% to my last 5 nights. Well, after several other questions on her part (because of the Dis, I knew much more than she did :rolleyes:) she finally worked out that the room I wanted (Poly CL Garden view) was not available for this discount. So, I thanked her and hung up.

Just got off my second call of the day. Another extremely nice CM who actually knew how to do her job :cheer2:. Unfortunately, it was still showing that Poly CL GV is not available with this deal, but I was able to apply a AAA discount at least! This CM knew exactly how to handle this, broke my original ressie into two separate reservations and noted that we should be kept in the same room for the whole week - I didn't have to prompt any of this, she just knew what to do - hallelujah!

She also said to keep calling back, that rooms open up all the time, and I may still get a better discount on those last 5 days.

Moral of the story, if you have the time and patience, you can eventually get a knowledgeable, helpful CM. Congrats to everyone who got their discounts - can't wait for August :dance3:

Oh, and I just realized, I can do the double digit dance today!!
:cool1::goodvibes:yay::dance3::cheer2::cool1:

Joe, I have to thank you so much for the heads up on this discount! I was my CMs 1st caller this morning, no wait at all! She told me FD didn't start until 9/2...I quickly said I wanted the Disney Visa room offer as I thought it was being released today as well. 2 minutes later she came back with the exact offer you posted last week! I'm so thrilled! Even though the Poly is 20% off and not 30% it still saves me $1000!!!! If you hadn't posted all this wonderful info I would have never known...huge THANK YOU!!!!

The crystal ball has been working well lately. I'm glad I started these two threads, much less drama and much more information.

I had taken a long break from the boards and didn't frequent them much. I'm so glad I came back, it's much nicer to share all the information with Disney friends, and have somewhere to talk about my favorite place.

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter