• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August Rollcall-The Heat Goes On

Hey KSDTink,

Can you throw Calgal in between msforevernight and minniecarousel. We've just confirmed a short trip 8/13-16th at the DLH. :yay:

And to B9erSteve, August heat really isn't so bad most of the time (knock on wood) Average highs are mid 80s, and the mornings and evenings are perfect!

:surfweb: I found this on the "Welcome to the Dis" section of the forums:

<PS. Why do people wear lime green ribbons or buttons? Lime green has become the "official" color of the DIS. Many times DISers wear lime green ribbons so that other DISers can recognize them. The DISers who originated the idea, did so to make sure it was an unusal color that would stand out. It's a way to get to meet other DISers.>

If this is still the custom, I'm going to start looking for a classy lime green accessory to wear so fellow DISers can spot me in the crowd!!:woohoo:

Most definitely! I have my lime green crocs with Tinkerbell Jibbitz on them and then I have my backpack with lime green mickey head tags with my DIS name on them AND my lime green Team Focker Watch lanyard!

Hey KSDTink,

Can you throw Calgal in between msforevernight and minniecarousel. We've just confirmed a short trip 8/13-16th at the DLH. :yay:

And to B9erSteve, August heat really isn't so bad most of the time (knock on wood) Average highs are mid 80s, and the mornings and evenings are perfect!

You are all set!

Most definitely! I have my lime green crocs with Tinkerbell Jibbitz on them and then I have my backpack with lime green mickey head tags with my DIS name on them AND my lime green Team Focker Watch lanyard!

:cool2: Verrry stylin'!

I don't think I'll be able to find anything with that same "cool quotient", but I shall try!!:goodvibes

Awesome job on the list, KSDTink! Just wanted to ask if you could update my entry to show Hojo Anaheim instead of Park Vue Inn - we were able to get a great rate there and I know DS will love the pools :D.

As far as IDing us... I'll be carting around a black and pink Barbie backpack, and probably wearing some Star Wars shirts!

Hey, would anyone on the list below be interested in having a meet? We will be at California Adventure on Aug 9 and Disneyland Aug 11 (the 10th is our LA sightseeing day). We will also be arriving the afternoon of the 8th and could meet at Downtown Disney later in the afternoon. I'd love to meet some of you all.... let me know what you think????? :dance3:

Betty Breed Aug 5-12
Adam&Alex'sMom Aug 6-10
Dagny Aug 6-12
WDW4us2006 Aug 7-10
dancindisneyLuver Aug 8-10
woody74 Aug 8-10
stacy~** Aug 8-17
we*luv*orlando Aug 9-18
tinkerbelt Aug 10-12

Just confirmed today that me and my teen & pre-teen will be there Aug 3-8. Can't wait to see everyone again! :woohoo:

Cindy

A meet sounds great to me. We're doing DL T-F-S (8/9-8/11).:cool1: The first part of the week we're doing the citipass stuff.

I decided to follow Tink's lead and ask if anyone on the following list would like to set up a meet? I'm going to be at DL/DCA on Aug 2, 3, and 7, and I would love to meet some of you and be able to put faces with names when I read your posts. :)

I know it's hard to give up any touring time; we could make it very quick, just a brief sit-down at some spot in DTD, or DCA (lots of uncrowded areas to get together there;) ).

MinnieMouse73 July25-Aug7
NannyPooh July 25 - Aug 3 Hyatt/Grand Californian
tinkerbell68008 July 30 - Aug 8
JohnZ46 Aug 1-2
Lori00789 Aug 1-6 Paradise Pier
Wendynat Aug 4-9 Parkvue Inn
Pinnie Aug 5-7 Park Place Inn
Betty Breed Aug 5-12 Camelot Inn
Adam&Alex'sMom Aug 6-10 Disneyland Hotel
Dagny Aug 6-12
WDW4us2006 Aug 7-10

I decided to follow Tink's lead and ask if anyone on the following list would like to set up a meet? I'm going to be at DL/DCA on Aug 2, 3, and 7, and I would love to meet some of you and be able to put faces with names when I read your posts. :)

I know it's hard to give up any touring time; we could make it very quick, just a brief sit-down at some spot in DTD, or DCA (lots of uncrowded areas to get together there;) ).

JohnZ46 Aug 1-2
Dagny Aug 6-12
WDW4us2006 Aug 7-10

I could meet up for a bit on the 7th. PM me.

pinnie

A meet sounds great to me. We're doing DL T-F-S (8/9-8/11).:cool1: The first part of the week we're doing the citipass stuff.

We are doing DL on 8/11, California Adventure on 8/9. Probably Downtown Disney in the afternoon on 8/8.

JohnZ46 Aug 1-2
Dagny Aug 6-12
WDW4us2006 Aug 7-10

I would love to meet you all, but we will actually be there from AUGUST 25 through SEPT. 03!! One last summer hurrah before school starts! I will be with DS11 and DS7, and then DH will meet us halfway through the week! I have heard through several people that a lot of schools in both Southern California and Arizona start the third week of August, so we are hoping to miss some of the big summer crowds! Heat we can deal with - crowds...not so much! :rolleyes1
KSDTINK - thanks for putting the list together! :cheer2:
Ooba - we will see you on the Hyatt shuttle! :wave2:

Yes, thank you, DangerMouse!!! Where is everyone???

I found a lime green water bottle holder on a carbiner at Wal-Mart last night!!! Anothre LG thing to add to my collection! And the Disney Store at the mall is having a big sale right now. I got a 100% cotton Mickey Hawaiian style shirt for DH. It says 2X but it looks more than adequate for his 3x self! And only $7.50! I wanted one of the new studio T's with Tink for me and Balloo for him ($18 each or 2 for $25) but they don't have the women's Tink in yet. I will wait until next week when I have a 15% off coupon and see if I can get them both then. So we will be all decked out for DL. Got the sorceror Mickey for DD. She is not a princess type girl so the girl's ones just weren't going to work.

OK, here is the list with the most recent updates:

JohnZ46 Aug 1-2
disneyscootergal Aug 2-3,7 HoJo
Cindy'sCastle Aug 3-8
Wendynat Aug 4-9 Anaheim HoJo
Dagny Aug 6-12
WDW4us2006 Aug 7-10
dancindisneyLuver Aug 8-10 Candy Cane Inn
woody74 Aug 8-10
KSDTink Aug 8-12 Camelot Inn
stacy~** Aug 8-17
we*luv*orlando Aug 9-18
tinkerbelt Aug 10-12
Mazzy Aug 12-14 Grand Californian
Leggyb Aug 12-15
endy Aug 12-16
disneylandfreak Aug 12-17 Disneyland Hotel
nybound Aug 12-18 Paradise Pier
blackjackdelta Aug 12-18
msforevernight Aug 12-22
calgal Aug 13-16 Disneyland Hotel
minniecarousel Aug 13-17 Grand Californian
Delilah Bleu Aug 13-17
DLR29 Aug 14-17
popsicle123 Aug 14-21 HoJo
kjk Aug 15
deleted penguin Aug 15-18
lworts August 15-22
zakasmaom Aug 18-22 Disneyland Hotel
CanadianPaco Aug 19-21
TXTink Aug 19-24 Grand Californian
daisy77 August 22-24 Camelot Inn
SnackyStacky Aug 22-25 HoJo Anaheim (22-24) Paradise Pier (24-25)
Piglet4Ever Aug 23-27
joestein Aug 23-29 Wyndham Dolphins Cove
Ooba Aug 24-28 Hyatt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter