August prices

I still haven't booked flights yet as hoping they will still come down. We booked on 6th Feb last year and paid £600 each for 6th to 29th August. Indirect but great flights on American. This year we are budgeting the following for the three of us for 21 nights from 11th

That's a great price for August. Do you mind me asking what site you booked on?

I booked on Expedia. We flew indirect ,Miami on the way there and back. Great as from Miami only took 45 minutes. Miami was a lovely airport. Hope I get same route again.

Should have said, year before paid £420 in school holidays. Booked on Orbitz. Indirect Boston on way there, JFK way back with Delta.

Wow that's a great price, considering they are £830 for August this year, I hope the offers come on soon

Wow that's a great price, considering they are £830 for August this year, I hope the offers come on soon
Best price at moment is £775 Gatwick via Dublin with Aer Lingus. Good route especially as we are down the road in Reigate.
Prices are crazy. In 2012 I paid £800 in school holidays again. Direct with Virgin Premier Economy both ways. How times have changed.
:confused3

I'll be looking with interest at flight prices then, sounds like there are bargains to be had if you shop around!

Well I blew my budget a bit and booked Virgin Direct from Gatwick Economy on way there and PE on way back. Used miles so not as bad as it could have been. 11th August to 1st September so 21 nights. Suddenly saw a not so bad deal this morning and husband really wanted to go direct from Gatwick. I didn't mind the indirect but must admit it will be so much nicer. Plus I really wanted to start planning properly and book Bonnet Creek.
Anyway very happy. Have booked extra legroom for husband. We can't book it for all three as only exit rows upstairs and son not old enough. (It's his birthday the day after we get there, he will be 15. That's his 5th birthday on the trot in Florida, 6th in total. He is a lucky boy.) so I booked the back row upstairs for us. Begrudge paying £25 to book seats, don't mind £35 for extra legroom, but we could have ended up a long way from each other. My husband loves front row so no one will recline. He never reclines his seat. Will be nice for us in back row as we can recline without upsetting anyone. PE on way back so don't need to worry about that.

Hello! I'm in Canada, but have been watching this forum looking for tips for our trip to the UK/France this August. Just as a heads up, most resorts at WDW have rooms that accommodate 5 people just in a regular room or family suite - it is something we are struggling with trying to plan our vacation in the UK/France. We're used to being able to find accommodations for our family of 5 without issue and very inexpensively. It's pretty standard to find rooms or family suites that have 2 queen or double beds plus a single or double pull-out couch. And there are TONS of houses for rent within 4-5 miles of WDW. For example, you can rent a 5 bedroom house with private pool that sleeps 10-14 people for £1100 for a week in August. We rented one in the Windsor Hills development in March and used it as our home base for WDW and Universal before a cruise - it was very close/convenient for both parks.

I'm not sure if you guys have heard of this site or not, but it's a pretty popular one for people from the US and Canada who are looking for money saving tips for Disney and other parks/attractions in Orlando (Universal, LEGOLAND, etc...). It also has tips and coupon codes for car rentals, attraction ticket discounts, shuttles, and all kinds of other trip-related things. Highly recommend it. If you search online for Mousesavers, it should come up (don't think the site is letting me post the website - mousesavers dot com).

Last edited:
I booked with flight center three weeks ago heathrow - jfk - jacksonville virgin code share with United at £460 adult 11th August to the 20th August not a long trip but going back on the 19th December to the 3rd January so this was a cheeky trip and when I saw the price of the flights I had to book .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter