• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August or September? What's your vote?

sarasmom97

Mouseketeer
My 4yo DD and I will be making our 1st trip to Disneyland. I'm trying to decide whether to go the last week of August (Sunday-Wednesday) or wait until September when most kids are back in school. If we go in August, I can take advantage of the free 3 day childs ticket with adult purchase. My daughter is not very good about waiting in lines. Will the crowds be substantially smaller if I wat until September? I just need some advice whether dealing with the extra crowd is worth the $90 savings.
Thanks,
Cathy

The Sept. crowds are usually much smaller and lines much shorter, especially after Labor Day. However, you can go in Aug. with a different strategy and have a good time. Make sure that you start your day early at DL when the parks open. Head right over to your favorite rides and use fastpasses. Then around noon when the lines are long go to the shows and parades and then head over to DCA for the rest of your day and night.

Some days when we arrive around noon with our 4 year old we just do some of the following to fill the day at DL: Storytime with the princesses, Aladdin show, Tiki room, Jungle Cruise, Buzz Lightyear show, parade and other shows.

Have fun!
:D

I vote for September. As big of a Disney fan as I am, I won't go near the place from Memorial Day to Labor Day. I made an exception for my daughters B-day this year and went June 16-18 and I was sorry. It was just more crowded and hotter than I would have liked although the lines were not bad. The hours are usually shorter after Labor Day, but it's also more peaceful. Just my opinion. I hope you have a great time no matter when you decide to go.

KarenT

I vote for September. It is always quieter, lines are a lot less. You can relax and take your time more. Have a wonderful time!!

I vote September too, cause that's when we're going to be there!:)

Normally I would vote for September. I think the only reasons to consider going in August, given the recent refurbishment schedules, is that you're more likely to see rides down during September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter