August or October

Dawn disneyholic

Earning My Ears
Can anybody give advice on which is the best time to go. Crowds ect. As i can't seem to make up my mind and time is running out, if August is favorite.

diffinately October Holiday costs are cheaper the parks are less crowded so you can get more rides in. The weather is cooler and less rain. No mossies need i say more????

We are going to WDW in October for the third time this year. I have never been in August, but here are some plus's for going in October : -

Quieter,good weather, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Epcot Food and Wine Festival

HTH:D

Have to agree with everything that Tony and Kaylee have said. We've been once before in the middle of summer, and much prefer October. Air fare is usually cheaper, the weather is much more tolerable, and crowds have been and gone by then.

I guess one plus for August might be the longer park hours, but you it depends what you are looking for out of the trip.

Paul

We have been three times in October, twice in May, twice in the summer (July/August and August/September) and once at Christmas.

October is definitely our favourite time (with May a close second). Great weather - hot with hardly any rain; low crowds; Halloween Horror Nights at USF (particularly the Bill and Ted show); and my favourite thing of all in Orlando, bar none, the International Food and Wine Festival.

Both times we went during the summer we lucked out with the weather. We had really bad thunder storms most evenings (all evening) at the end of August/beginning of September and when we went July/August it rained solidly for our last 3 days. If it was August or nothing, then it would be a no-brainer, but given a choice, I would choose October.

:D

Easy peasy one . . . .October. Wins hands down for ALL the reasons above.

We're heading back this October after a BRILLIANT trip last October - and we had normally been in May/June before then.

Gotta be October . . . . am I getting my message across;) :p :p

I must agree with everyone so far especially Mrs Dazzle who like me is an official Fozzy Fan.

Not so hot :confused:
Not so humid :(
Less crowded :mad:
Queues not so long :p
Easier to book restaurant tables during busy nights :smooth:

Hav a Goodun

October here as well - our favourite months are Oct/Nov - and don't forget Universal Horror Nights an absolute must and worth visiting in October for this alone!

I've been in October (many, many years ago) and the end of August in 2002. I have to say that I'm a fan of the hot weather so I'd have to vote for August. We were there for just under 3 weeks and although we had several thunderstorms the weather was fab. The wet weather tends to arrive in the late afternoon but we found that it generally cleared up in the evening. We only had two overcast days which were at the end of our holiday.

As for crowds, I loathe pushing and shoving in crowds but I didn't notice that it was that busy. Rides like Pooh and Peter Pan had 1 hour waits by lunchtime but we headed for these first thing and walked on. I did the RNR at 2 in the afternoon with no wait which was a good job as I'd have chickened out if I'd thought more about it:p The busiest park was MK on a Saturday when Spectro was showing. To get a good seat we sat down 1 hour 45 minutes before it started but we spent that time people watching which is great fun. There was nearly a fight (I'm not exaggerating) over a place on the kerb and the couple from New York sat next to us were having a domestic! For little Cornish pixies like us it was an eye opener;)

The only tip I would give you is that if you decide to go in August, take it easy. So many people got scratchy and moany because they were rushing from ride to ride. It's just too damn hot to run. We kept taking ice cream breaks and strolled around appreciating the atmosphere and we didn't once need the leave the parks for an afternoon nap and we went out every day. Our record for a long stay was in the MK when we were there for opening (9am) and finally got kicked out at 10pm after the fireworks (I need to point out that I was with my mum who's in her 70s and I was trailing around behind her!).

Whatever you choose have a great time :Pinkbounc

Thanks for everyone's reply's, they have helped a lot it seems like just about all agree october is better so im opting for then. Once again thanks all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter