August or December?!?!?!

lt90

Mouseketeer
We are planning a three week trip for 2014 but i am asking the classic when to go!! We are me, DH, DD will be 7 and DS will be 4 in 2014. We have to go in Uk school holidays so our dates would be the last three weeks of august or the 14th-ish of dec for three weeks. DH and I have done disney loads before but we normally go in sept/oct which we find generally okay crowd and temp wise. If you were faced with this choice, which dates would you pick and why?! TIA

Well, August is usually one of the hottest months with high humidity. I personally wouldn't go then (went in July one year,100 + every day, never again). We have been there between (our)Thanksgiving and Christmas and the crowds weren't bad and the weather was good. Plus you get to see all the wonderful Disney Christmas displays in the parks and Resorts (don't miss the resorts). I know not all years are the same but I think on average you would be better off in Dec. Good luck Gee, writing this makes me want to go back.

December!!! The holiday decorations are up plus the weather is much much nicer and if you're arriving mid-December, the crowds would also be more manageable (until you hit the Xmas rush that is:scared1:). August is just hot, muggy, crowded, and it's hurricane season so the weather could be temperamental.

I without a doubt say Dec. but keep in mind you will be there over the Christmas holiday. It is one of (if not) the bustiest times to be there. Aug. will less crowded but HOT!!!! Being that you are going for 3 weeks (which is amazing I would die;)) I think you should be able to see most everything even with the Holiday crowds! :goodvibes

Just wondering just how busy august or dec would really be?! We are obviously restricted to busier times but we were at wdw 09-21-2012 to 10-05-2012 and we thought the first week was actually quite busy!!! For example main st was packed We saw wishes from by Tonys!!we normally watch from caseys. Does anyone have crowd pics? Estimated wait times?thanks

Agreeing with everyone that December is much better! The DIS forums overwhelmingly agree that EasyWDW is the best site to predict crowd levels. That being said, your first week in December I have done before and find it absolutely great most of the time minus weekends, however, once you hit the Dec 20s mark, it starts getting crowded. By this time, you should be sure you got the absolute must do rides out of the way and amazing views of Wishes for your own sanity and it is totally possible. The rest of the time, sit back, relax, wait to repeat anything you must do again, make ADRs, visit resorts, enjoy the festiveness that Dec brings to the parks that is unmatched any other time of the year. Go to MVMCP! Swim! I think Typhoon Lagoon is in refurb during this time, so be wary if you actually want to spend the money to purchase Water Parks and More on your ticket... you can always add it later! The only reason I won't be going at Christmas in 2014 is that I've never done the Food and Wine festival and I want to do that before I start having kids, so October it is for this girl! Then again, I am considering early November to get the last days of F&W and the first days of the Holiday season.

I am so going the first two weeks In December 2014!! We will be there for 12-14 days and I am excited !! I have never been and I can't wait to experience all the magic at Christmas time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter