August Hours

Yeah, we're disappointed over here. I can handle the 9 am opening better than the 11pm closing at DL. Getting to the parks at 8 means we can have breakfast before rope drop, but I wish DL were open until midnight. :( Oh well.

Yeah, we're disappointed over here. I can handle the 9 am opening better than the 11pm closing at DL. Getting to the parks at 8 means we can have breakfast before rope drop, but I wish DL were open until midnight. :( Oh well.

Yeah, when I booked our trip I justified paying the un-discounted hotel price by saying 'we have the parks 7 to midnight!' Oops. I was wrong. :(

That all being said, we are still ridiculously excited about our trip and will no doubt have a blast nonetheless.

So, I noticed that the week of the 18th has begun being posted and the hours for DL is open till midnight. I'm guessing that they are expecting it to be pretty busy with the pass holders unblocked. I am going Aug.23-27, hopefully it won't be too bad...

So, I noticed that the week of the 18th has begun being posted and the hours for DL is open till midnight. I'm guessing that they are expecting it to be pretty busy with the pass holders unblocked. I am going Aug.23-27, hopefully it won't be too bad...

I am scared now, we are going the 18th-21st.

When does school go back?

Well, I have looked at the Las Angeles Unified School district and they go back generally Aug. 15th and the Orange County school district goes back in the 18th of August. I don't know what other district there are.

It varies, but typically toward the middle/end of August (third and fourth week) to the first week of September. Regardless, not all school districts go back to school at the same time, and southern California has many districts with quite a lot of kids.

We were there August 11-15, 2013. The opening time was 8am. Perfect in my opinion. Just early enough to deter the late sleepers. The crowds were so light in the morning! I sure hope it changes back to 8am in 2015.

momof4fans said:
We were there August 11-15, 2013. The opening time was 8am. Perfect in my opinion. Just early enough to deter the late sleepers. The crowds were so light in the morning! I sure hope it changes back to 8am in 2015.

Yup. It was perfect last year. I think we may try going a week earlier in 2015 to try and get an 8am opening.

I am also disappointed in the later mornings. We were there the last week of August last year and it was sooooo hot, that extra hour in the morning is so nice. I like that I might get an extra hour of sleep, but the trade off with the weather may not be worth it. This year we will be there 17-24th, just hoping that there is no heat wave that week.

Well that's weird... Sun Aug 24th the parks open at 8am but the 2 weeks before and the days showing after all open at 9am. This is our day that we switch from Hojo to DLH, so we were actually hoping the parks would open at 9 so that we could switch hotels at 7am and make EE by 8am and still be ahead of the crowds. Now I guess we'll get there by 6am or show up at the tail end of EE.

Its weird that sunday the 24th has a 8am opening time whereas saturday the 23rd has 9am. Monday (25th) is also 9am.
That saturday is unblocked for all passes, isnt it? Why would it be open fewer hours than on sunday?

Its weird that sunday the 24th has a 8am opening time whereas saturday the 23rd has 9am. Monday (25th) is also 9am.
That saturday is unblocked for all passes, isnt it? Why would it be open fewer hours than on sunday?

It looks like Sunday the 24th is the last day of the high season entertainment schedule, so maybe that's why they've added the extra hour. The two weeks before, the parks open at 9am, even on the weekends. On Monday and Tuesday they only have one Soundsational parade and no Fantasmic and the parks are closing early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter