August Fort Wildnerness in RV

anditoo72

DIS Veteran
:earsboy:
Hi We are going to drive down to Florida in our new/used RV (never had one before) in August with my four children (13,6,4,2) and my nephew (12) We are stopping in MD for a visit with my Brother-In-Law and also in N.C. to see Paris Island (yes, my husband was in the military). We are staying in Ft. Wilderness 8th-16th. I have never stayed there and looking for anything comments I can use on any portion of our trip (including rv tips)!!!!! We did book with the Backyard BBQ (we have already done Hoop-dee-doo and loved it, but wanted to try something new). Has anyone tried the Trails end Buffet? Also can you see the MK fireworks from the lake? Thanks for any considerations!!!!!!

In August?

I love Ft Wilderness. I like it better then any other WDW resort (except for the lack of themed pools).
But I don't think I would stay there in August.

Do you have a high heat tolerance?
Does the RV have Air Conditioning?
If both of the above are false, I think you are in for a very hot uncomfortable time.
They do have stations that are Air conditioned, for cooling off.

The pools are boring but I don't think they are crowded.
You can use the waterparks for swimming.

I think you'll love FW. I'm assuming your RV will have AC, since almost all of them do. You should be nice and comfortable. Yes, you will have to do a bit of walking, but you do that in the theme parks, too.

There's a camping board here that you can visit for lots of tips.

I would also recommend you check out the camping at Disney world part of these boards. We have camped at fort Wilderness in July and August, and loved it. There is a nightly campfire and disney movie shown (no campfires allowed at the sites). We usually take the boat to the MK, and drive our own car to the other parks because we don't like to wait for the buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter