• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 9, 2011 (8/9/2011) Taking the Wonder to see the AMERICAN CHILD

Hey Barb! I found you!
Count us in on this cruise! We'll do a Cat 6!

Hey Barb! I found you!

Yeah...you found me. :yay:
Look at the deck plans and then decide what cat. you want. Remember they've changed the cat.'s for 2011.

Hey Barb! I found you!

Hey you! Looks like we might cruise and meet again!

Yeah...you found me. :yay:
Look at the deck plans and then decide what cat. you want. Remember they've changed the cat.'s for 2011.

Hi Barb,
Count me in with Caro, I just can't seem to let her go too far without me around ( or is it she doesn't let me go too far??):rotfl2:

Nice to see you posting Andrew, I had a feeling she'd let you join her. :lmao: :hug:

Just got a call from Caro, who must have had an e-mail or call from the TA. We are in 7606, right down from Barb & Family.

Congratulations all,

Now I need to wait a week or longer depending on cash flow.
I was hoping all I need to do was flip a reservation, but need to up the deposit too. :scared1:. Too many bills this month and not enough money.

Yes Andrew, down from us we are in 7620. At least the girls will be close to each other.

Congratulations all,

Now I need to wait a week or longer depending on cash flow.
I was hoping all I need to do was flip a reservation, but need to up the deposit too. :scared1:. Too many bills this month and not enough money.

The price for a cat. 7A for 2 adults and 1 17yo with the 10% onboard booking discount is $4921.89 and the TA is giving us an OBC of $275 in addition to the $200 OBC from DCL.

She hasn't mentioned the deposit being upped yet, but I suspect it will need to be since the onboard booking was only a 4 day cruise.

They are allowing a 5 day hold before deposit is due if that helps you out any on when you can book.

Ours is a 5B with 2 adults, a 17yo and a 12yo for 7058.82. Not sure if the OBC is the same as Barb's or not.
We have a dummy cruise booked, but with another agency. Guess this means we'll just have to take another cruise some time!

Ours is a 5B with 2 adults, a 17yo and a 12yo for 7058.82. Not sure if the OBC is the same as Barb's or not.
We have a dummy cruise booked, but with another agency. Guess this means we'll just have to take another cruise some time!

I have no clue about the OBC and how they are being calculated. I'll wait until the hype dies down and contact the TA to see what we are actually getting.

:yay: You get to book another cruise. Maybe you can book the Dream when those dates are released.

The price for a cat. 7A for 2 adults and 1 17yo with the 10% onboard booking discount is $4921.89 and the TA is giving us an OBC of $275 in addition to the $200 OBC from DCL.

She hasn't mentioned the deposit being upped yet, but I suspect it will need to be since the onboard booking was only a 4 day cruise.

They are allowing a 5 day hold before deposit is due if that helps you out any on when you can book.

Thanks for the news, 5 day hold may be enough to swing it. Glad a lot of bills will be paid by next Aug, that gives me plenty of time to pay down the cruise.

DD and I are cruising with you...

We got a 5C on August 9th for $4349.26 this morning (well, actually a very DF (Starwood) got it for me). DF should be checking in soon. My deposit was $600 for the two of us.

DF even has a theme song for our cruise...

American Child by John Denver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOekV_rDQWU

I've got my FE made already...

686 days
16482 hours
988936 minutes
59336193 seconds

How can this be 3 pages long already when we just booked today? 3 of us myself, DH and DS who will be 19 when we cruise. I priced this cruise and 8/2. 8/2 was $1300 more so guess which one I picked.

How can this be 3 pages long already when we just booked today? 3 of us myself, DH and DS who will be 19 when we cruise. I priced this cruise and 8/2. 8/2 was $1300 more so guess which one I picked.

Because I started this thread on 9/12 the day after the the announcement was made and we made up our minds on which cruise to take. :upsidedow

We got a 5C on August 9th for $4349.26 this morning (well, actually a very DF (Starwood) got it for me). DF should be checking in soon. My deposit was $600 for the two of us.

686 days
16482 hours
988936 minutes
59336193 seconds

:welcome: to all of you. party:

Barb, are you going to keep a list of cruisers on page 1 like the Ballyhoo??

:welcome: to all of you. party:

Barb, are you going to keep a list of cruisers on page 1 like the Ballyhoo??

Andrew you are asking a lot from me today. :grouphug: :rotfl2:
I'll ask that question in a couple of days to see if that's what everyone wants to do. I had thought about it since I've already started adding info posts to it.

I've been on cruises where it was on page one and others with a separte web page. Page 1 works for me if thats how we want to go

I've been on cruises where it was on page one and others with a separte web page. Page 1 works for me if thats how we want to go

That sounds good too, unless someone wants to start a web page but it won't be me.

686 days
16482 hours
988936 minutes
59336193 seconds

I would enjoy having the link to this song on page 1 post 1.

We booked a dummy cruise on the MAGIC last week and I moved it yesterday. Just said to some friends on a FaceBook group that there HAD to be a DIS thread so I came to see and here you are, 3 pages long!

We booked a Category 11C. It will be just DH and me. We have wanted to go to Alaska ever since my parents went over 20 years ago. Right now we are looking forward to the Eastbound Trans Atlantic in April and this Alaskan cruise. I would love a double dip in there between the two of them but doubt that we can do it.

Greetings to all!

JAN:earsgirl: and TOM :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter