August 8, 2009 Western Caribbean on the Magic!

hey all, im buzzmoms daughter and just thought id pop in and say hi. im glad to see i wont b the only teen. hope to see the others at the stack :wave2:

Welcome Disneycrazzzy! I've also sent you a PM, glad to have you in the FE family :woohoo:

Kimgg- we are soooo trying to stay with the one checked bag each. My teen hasn't even packed yet, ugh! I'm supposed to be finishing up now....hmmm and here I am... back on the boards. Let's see how late I can stay up tonight :rotfl:

OK well now at least I know I'm not crazy - I thought maybe I was overpacking. This is our first family vacation longer than a few days, and first time flying w/ the kids - SO, we don't even have enough luggage at this point! I have one very large suitcase that we will have to check, the rest can be carry-ons so we will each have one of the largest bags that can be officially a carry on, plus a duffle, backpack, or in my case purse, each. And on the way back, our seats are in the VERY back of the plane. FUN!!! I can see the rolling eyes as we come down the aisle, hopefully we won't be the only ones with all this carry-on luggage. I am still prepared to go buy another big suitcase tomorrow to check in if necessary, nothing like last minute shopping.

Welcome teens and if for some reason I don't make it to the 3 pm meet (I always seem to have something come up when I make plans) I'll look for any green mickey heads or you'll know me as I'll be the one limping, I hurt my knee last weekend - it's my wonderful luck right before vacation. :upsidedow

Yeah, and BuzzMom, I have a lot of ironing to do (I hate ironing) so I'll be up late again tonight and taking breaks to catch up on my internet goings on, so I may see you then! ;)

Welcome to all the new posters! Glad you could join us. Hope to see all of you on Saturday at 3pm Promenade Lounge. Wish for sunny days and great memories!

We're keeping it to 1 suit case each. And, one carry on. I realized my shoe dilemma two days ago. Black suit for formal and semi-formal night and brown pants for dinner. I don't want to bring black shoes, brown shoes, gym shoes, and sandals for the pool and beach. So, looks like long brown pants for dinner with gym shoes.

:scared1:How could we have gotten off of the first page of the meets?????

This cannot occur. I'm posting just to get us on page one. We are leaving tomorrow. The cruise is on Saturday. We CANNOT be off page one!

Yes it was awesome. Sorry I missed the meet - my kids were in the pool and my husband was napping (I never nap on vacation, but he seems to enjoy it, and he didn't sleep much night before) and the only way I would have made it would have been to drag my boys dripping wet, pouting and glaring and it would not have made a very good impression I'm afraid. Funny how even on a vacation that costs me over a month's salary my kids don't miraculously turn in to perfect angels? :littleangel: They still liked to get their way and fortunately for them, they mostly got it. We were on vacation, after all!

Hope everyone had as much fun as we did!! :wizard:

ditto for me on sorry about not making the meet. We laid down and then I over slept. We took 12 people. We had a great trip except for a problem with the Vista Spa. My grown son's gold chain fell down behind their cabinet while they were doing his massage. Two days went by and still they had not done anything to get a carpenter in there to get his chain. Anyway, I spent the last night of my cruise getting someone to actually work and guess what, they produced the chain! I had to get firm and tell them I was not leaving the ship without it. After that conversation, It took one hour to find the chain. All the money they charge, I just expected more. I am writing a letter. The manager was RUDE!! She didn't have any intentions of getting a carpenter in to find the chain. Just kept telling us to file a complaint with the land dept.

Besides that, we had a good cruise. I sure hope everyone else had a better experience!!!

Best vacation I have had in a long time. We have the next 2 years June of 2010 and 2011 scheduled for the World. Now, I'm thinking of maybe a Mediterranian cruise in 2012. Okay, it'll take about that long to save for it. But if I start planning now, maybe I can even learn enough of a new language too.

The only disappointment I had was that there were NO CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRIES TO BE FOUND IN THE COVE!!! However, the almond cookies at The Cove almost made up for it. I gotta find the recipe.

Had an AMAZING time..hope all you did, too. Back to work this morning and we couldn't be more bummed out. It was a dream vacation! Not sure we'll ever be able to top it. My son was so upset after the farewell show he just cried and cried...he SO didn't want it to be over and neither did we. Hope everyone had safe travels home. That early breakfast seating on Saturday was a killer!!

You are so right, Sat. morning was brutal - then we had to sit in the Orlando airport for 5 hours - but those Chili's chips and salsa sure tasted good. We are used to our Tex-mex food - I did NOT miss it (but it sure tasted good when I tasted it again) - I really loved all the food, loved trying new things. The Creme Brulee was SO SO good!! I also had a chocolate covered key lime pie in Key West that I have to say was the best thing I think I have ever tasted. I read someone said they go to key west just for their key lime pie and thought that sounded crazy but I actually can see doing that now, it was THAT good.

We also went to sting ray city, and it was an amazing experience for our whole family.

I could go on and on about all the things I loved, including the shows and they were an unexpected highlight I did not know I would love so much.

I want to go again too! I am thinking our winter WDW trip next year may have to include a 4 day cruise at least, there is one on 12/19 that looks like an option. It would be nice to go and be able to relax more and not have to rush to see everything.

Now we have to get ready for school to start. I go back to work Wednesday. :mad:

Welcome home everyone. :flower3:

GUILTY! thats what we felt on the cruise. we were having sooo much fun and enjoying ourselves to the fullest! I want to thank all the Fish Extender Families for their thoughtfull gifts. Our kids had a blast checking the FE every day for goodies. I loved all the decorated doors! Good job to all of you.

Food was great and our servers: Putra, Godwin and Francois were like family to us! We treated ourselves and Karen and Mike to a glass of Fairytale CHampagne (cant buy anywhere, only available at DCL)

We didnt get to the deck much during the cruise. Quiet frankly it was too hot for us California desert people.

Our family did the pirate museum in KW; dolphins in Cozy; Stingrays in GC; and snorkled to the HIDDEN mickey in the middle of Castaway Cay Bay. We loved biking to the lookout tower at CC. Hot as Haiti though.

kudos to Nicole from guest services! she made our trip extra special.

thanks to all you disboards for making us feel more connected with the MAGIC DCL. it was truely magical

That Fairytale Champagne was wonderful, thanks so much!!! My kids were asking when we could go again on the third day of the cruise. Its true, once they are interested in the clubs they don't want to spend time with mom and dad. My daughter is now emailing many of her new friends from the stack.

The kids LOVED the FE surprises. Great gifts, thanks!

We were very lucky to be picked as a family of the week, so there were special treats everyday.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice! Remember the Magic!!!!

I can believe I am still checking the dis boards after being home 2 weeks! We are adjusting to home life and Western standard time.

I think we were lucky to not have to worry about hurricanes or tropical storms. I am kinda curious what the cruise would be like with WEATHER. I am trying to find the Magic 8/15 cruise cuz I think they had weather.

No future cruises for us for a while. We are off to Hawaii in October.

I would love to email the staff, does anyone have any suggestions HOw TO Do THAT?

Say hi to Erica :>

No you are not the only one. I keep reading dreaming of taking another. My son said that every time he dreams now, he dreams he is on the cruise :goodvibes I am sad that soon that will fade away.

Yes we just missed the rocky weather, I don't think it would have affected the schedule but our weather would not have been so clear, I was expecting rain but I never saw a drop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter