• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 7, 2014 4 night Med crusie on the Magic

Hi Everybody,

It looks like our family will be one of the few Americans on this cruise. I just booked this for our family unexpectedly! :cool1:

I am in the middle of planning our very first European family vacation. I've been to Europe many of times a child, but my hubby and kids have never been. All the destinations have been their choosing. We are going for 2.5 weeks, starting in London, then Paris, then Barcelona. The third leg was our wildcard. I was trying to find something more relaxing (beach) to end our trip with and my hubby mentioned Ibiza! Well, my planning skills kicked into high gear and stumbled upon the 4 day cruise! Now normally my hubby would say no way, but how could he? Spain was on the top of his list. He is still shaking his head at how I finagled Mickey into this trip :rotfl2: I tried to squeeze Disney Paris in there but I lost that battle :confused3

So of course I have this part booked but nothing else yet. Airfares are still sky high right now from Dallas ($1500 pp). I think I'm going to have to wait that one out a bit, I know they will come down some. So I can't really plan the rest until I know my exact arrival and departures. I've been researching flat rental in London and Paris, but that will have to wait until I have airfare booked. I'm so impatient!

We have been on one Disney Cruise on the Wonder out of Los Angeles in 2011.

This really is a trip of a lifetime for us! Our daughter will be Senior next year and going off to college and I don't know if we will ever get a chance like this again. This trip will be our entire focus for the next year, scrimping and saving! :goodvibes

Sounds like you have a great trip planned :thumbsup2

Us Brits know what you mean about airfare - its a major expense when we go from the UK to the USA!

Mallorca is a beautiful island with some lovely beaches. Palma Nova is near to the port of Palma and is one of the nicest beaches. That's where we are headed on our Palma day! In Palma Nova there is also Marine land ( a bit like a small SW without the rides!) as well as some shops and restaurants.

I have never been to Ibiza, so that will be new for us :goodvibes

Claire :)

Welcome leanneintexas! Your Europe trip sounds great! Lots of fun planning ahead! Glad to see more people joining the cruise!!!

Just a heads up for those of us coming from the UK to Barcelona, EJ have released their summer 2014 schedule :goodvibes

I have booked us on the flight out of LTN on 6th August in the morning, and then we will be flying back on the 11th August in the afternoon. :cool1:

Claire :)

Just booked our Easyjet flights today too. We're flying out from Liverpool on the 4th so we'll get two full days in Barcelona then heading home on the 11th. Flight times are great :) we flew with Easyjet when we did the cruise in 2011 and the home flight was a long long wait (I think because it was the weekend) but we're on the 11am so all should be fine :)

Hi we have just booked this cruise, Me & My hubby, Would love to do fish extenders looking forward to doing the aquadunk:yay::yay:
Lorna & Adrian

Is there a facebook page for our cruise or just on here, I do not go on the Dis much but check facebook daily,

Lorna

just booked our hotel for Barcelona - staying 3 nights before the cruise so making a real holiday out of it. Very excited now as everything feels like its fallen into place. Now just need to plan our two days in Barcelona - last time we were only there for the day so just did the hop on hop off bus to see the sights and strolled down Las Ramblas. Feel this time we'll get the opportunity for some real sight seeing.

We will be in this cruise also. It will be my husband Art and I plus our two kids Nick (11) and Anthony (6). We are from Florida and it will be our first time doing Med. We will be doing back to back cruise and joining the Aug 11 for 5 nights.

I like to participate for the FE and hope meeting everyone.

It's been a while since I have checked this thread. Would love an fb page and would be good to start f/e arrangements...do we have this sorted? Happy to help..

I have set up a facebook page for our group it is Disney magic Cruise 7th August it is a secret group, if you have trouble finding it i will change it to a closed group I am just trying to stop the spammers !!

Lorna Dade
:yay::yay::yay:

Hi there. New to Disney Cruises and Disboards. I have just booked our first Disney Cruise and am so excited! Roll on 2014. This forum is great. Amazed to read about F/Es and would love to take part.

We chose the 4 day cruise as we wanted to see how our boys (aged 5 and 4) cope with sea sickness etc. and didn't want too long at sea for our first cruise. Plus Palma and Ibiza seem like ideal relaxed beach type locations rather than touring the busy sites of Rome and Pisa on the 5 day cruise with two young children.

Look forward to sharing planning tips and getting to know fellow forum members who will be on this cruise too!

We always use our Relief Bands (battery operated). DD and I have motion sickness and they work great with no side effects. I got my first one for morning sickness 12 years ago and it worked miracles and is still going strong. We love ours and won't leave home without them. Make sure to wear it on your left wrist. Meds make you drowsey. You can still find a few authentic Relief Bands on EBay. The ones with replacable batteries are pricey, but oh so worth it. Have fun on your cruise. :-)

Wondermom1965 said:
We always use our Relief Bands (battery operated). DD and I have motion sickness and they work great with no side effects. I got my first one for morning sickness 12 years ago and it worked miracles and is still going strong. We love ours and won't leave home without them. Make sure to wear it on your left wrist. Meds make you drowsey. You can still find a few authentic Relief Bands on EBay. The ones with replacable batteries are pricey, but oh so worth it. Have fun on your cruise. :-)

Thank you for that tip. I will look them up ans see if they are ok for children. My eldest son gets travel sick quite easy :-S

JoyB-UK said:
Is the FE only through Facebook? Not everyone has it or wants it.

That's a fair point :-) the FE should be through here too (well DIS is where it all starts :-) ). Either Pluto number 1 or I will post something about the FE shortly.

If you can just keep a list that is accessible on both sites then people can sign up either way.

So if you have a list started I would like to join.
We are Joy, Dave and Maya (15) and our cabin number is 2100.
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter