• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 7, 2014 4 night Med crusie on the Magic

Well, a little update from me!

We have decided not to do Portaventura before our cruise next year. What with the hotel, transfers spending money etc, I could easily see us spending £1000 just on the PA bit!
So we decided that we would rather put that money to better use and go back to WDW in 2015! We have booked a Dibb villa so back in full WDW planning mode as well!

But then the other bit of me thinks that its sort of a waste of the flight to BCN of you know what I mean! I have looked at a hotel near the beaches in Barcelona, and it would only be around £200 for 2 nights b and b. And DD would get a couple more beach days! Still undecided - any thoughts? :goodvibes

Claire :)

Well, a little update from me!

We have decided not to do Portaventura before our cruise next year. What with the hotel, transfers spending money etc, I could easily see us spending £1000 just on the PA bit!
So we decided that we would rather put that money to better use and go back to WDW in 2015! We have booked a Dibb villa so back in full WDW planning mode as well!

But then the other bit of me thinks that its sort of a waste of the flight to BCN of you know what I mean! I have looked at a hotel near the beaches in Barcelona, and it would only be around £200 for 2 nights b and b. And DD would get a couple more beach days! Still undecided - any thoughts? :goodvibes

How cool Claire! WDW oh yeah oh yeah! How nice re Dibb Villa. I am on theDibbs as well PaulaEssex! We decided to not stay in Barcelona overnight just cruise for us but that was just personal choice. WDW and Disney gets all our cash lol...

Just booked my flights today so we can't change our minds now, not that I would, quite excited :yay::yay::yay:

Booked with BA for a very good price from gatwick, heathrow was nearly 400 more expensive, don't know why there is so much difference but I thought I'd best get the lower price in case it disappears. Flying out on July 25th and returning 11th Aug for 16 nights on the Magic:banana:

Just booked my flights today so we can't change our minds now, not that I would, quite excited :yay::yay::yay:

Booked with BA for a very good price from gatwick, heathrow was nearly 400 more expensive, don't know why there is so much difference but I thought I'd best get the lower price in case it disappears. Flying out on July 25th and returning 11th Aug for 16 nights on the Magic:banana:

Oh great! Will have to check the dates out myself we want to fly BA out of Gatters! See you there :-) less than a year!

Oh great! Will have to check the dates out myself we want to fly BA out of Gatters! See you there :-) less than a year!

We are on a month before you but didn't think we need to book flights just yet. In fact easy jet isn't even showing booking beyond June
What was the ba price and how does it compare to easyjet?

We are on a month before you but didn't think we need to book flights just yet. In fact easy jet isn't even showing booking beyond June
What was the ba price and how does it compare to easyjet?

Hi. I got 253.54 return flights to gatwick with BA flying out 7th flying back 11th. We aren't staying over in Barcelona. Not sure re Easyjet own personal pref don't like to use them prefer BA. But that's just my choice. Just trying to decide what the earliest we could get to the airport on the monday morning. There is a flight at 10:30 do you think that might be pushing it?

I think that on this years 4 nighter the ship was cleared by the port at about 8 am. If you tell DCL that you need to leave straight away then they can put you in a group that disembarks before others are allowed but it still might be pushing it. You would need private transfers to ensure you get straight off to the airport, if you go on a shared shuttle you will have to wait for it to fill up. If everything works out, the ship is cleared on time, a transfer is waiting for you and there is no traffic problems then you could probably get to the airport by 9. But if there is a delay anywhere then you could be running to the gate.

I think that on this years 4 nighter the ship was cleared by the port at about 8 am. If you tell DCL that you need to leave straight away then they can put you in a group that disembarks before others are allowed but it still might be pushing it. You would need private transfers to ensure you get straight off to the airport, if you go on a shared shuttle you will have to wait for it to fill up. If everything works out, the ship is cleared on time, a transfer is waiting for you and there is no traffic problems then you could probably get to the airport by 9. But if there is a delay anywhere then you could be running to the gate.

Thanks for your reply! We decided on a later flight actually too stressful! Why stress yourself at the end of a nice cruise :-)

Hi. I got 253.54 return flights to gatwick with BA flying out 7th flying back 11th. We aren't staying over in Barcelona. Not sure re Easyjet own personal pref don't like to use them prefer BA. But that's just my choice. Just trying to decide what the earliest we could get to the airport on the monday morning. There is a flight at 10:30 do you think that might be pushing it?

I prefer to stay at gatwick when it's an early morning flight in case of hold ups on M25 where are you coming from I guess if local you would be fine but I'd hate to miss the flight!
Was your price for two on BA ? We will be three of us as my son will be 13 so is counted as an adult

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I prefer to stay at gatwick when it's an early morning flight in case of hold ups on M25 where are you coming from I guess if local you would be fine but I'd hate to miss the flight!
Was your price for two on BA ? We will be three of us as my son will be 13 so is counted as an adult

Oh we do stay overnight in Gatwick just not in Barcelona. Can't trust the m25 exactly like you say! We have to come through the tunnel also so no way lol! I got two flight prices return with ba for 250 pounds. Haven't booked them yet though. Paula x

Yes that was for two return on BA and we do stay overnight at Gatwick like you! Just not at Barcelona. Not trusting that m25...

I have had a look at the BA flights from LGW. They are really good prices, but EJ from LTN would be so much more convenient! We live in Northampton, so its around an hour to LTN, but more like 2 to 2 and a half to LGW! I just hope the EJ prices are as good as the BA ones!
Also, I haven't decided yet what to do about staying in Barcelona before the cruise, so don't want to be tied into flights yet! :goodvibes

We are from yorkshire but are still willing to drive to gatwick for the best price and flight options. I usually find that you can get a deal for hotel and parking which doesn't cost much more than the parking alone which we would have to pay wherever we fly from so it works well for us. I like the fact that BA has more than one flight a day so if there is a cancellation you have other options, also they don't 'nickel and dime' you as Americans would term it, ie. there are no extra charges.

We are from yorkshire but are still willing to drive to gatwick for the best price and flight options. I usually find that you can get a deal for hotel and parking which doesn't cost much more than the parking alone which we would have to pay wherever we fly from so it works well for us. I like the fact that BA has more than one flight a day so if there is a cancellation you have other options, also they don't 'nickel and dime' you as Americans would term it, ie. there are no extra charges.

Yes those are our reasons for flying BA that and I am disabled and they are very good with my needs. I had a very bad experience with EJ :-(

JoyB-UK said:

Hadn't thought about the hotel/parking deals! I will have a look at the prices tonight! Thanks :)
I must admit the fact that BA have more than one flight a day is appealing as well!

Claire

BA flights for next August look good but I am holding out for easyjet to check prices.

Anyone thought about what they plan to visit in Majorca and Ibiza?

BA flights for next August look good but I am holding out for easyjet to check prices.

Anyone thought about what they plan to visit in Majorca and Ibiza?

I think in Mallorca we will just go to Palma Nova for the day. We spent a weeks holiday there three years ago. It has a beautiful beach! There is also a crazy golf course that DD would probably love!

I can't find any info on the port area in Ibiza! Anyone have any ideas? :goodvibes

Disneymadhouse said:
I think in Mallorca we will just go to Palma Nova for the day. We spent a weeks holiday there three years ago. It has a beautiful beach! There is also a crazy golf course that DD would probably love!

I can't find any info on the port area in Ibiza! Anyone have any ideas? :goodvibes

Have you seen http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/europe/ports/ibiza-spain/shore-excursions/

The caves they refer to look interesting. I am waiting for the dcl port adventures to come out.

So excited! Is it too early to talk fish extender exchanges??? Lol

Have you seen http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/europe/ports/ibiza-spain/shore-excursions/

The caves they refer to look interesting. I am waiting for the dcl port adventures to come out.

So excited! Is it too early to talk fish extender exchanges??? Lol

I've been to Mallorca on holiday tons of times, so have probably done all of the tourist things, including the caves. They are good from what I remember! I keep checking the link you posted above, but it doesn't really say a lot does it! We may just have a wander in Ibiza, unless there is something that really takes our fancy!

So are we going to the Dibb or DIS FE? lol :goodvibes

All of this years med port excursions are still listed on the website with full details and prices. A lot of them are the same as what was available in 2011 so the Palma ones will probably be the same next year. Not sure what Ibiza will offer, I can't find out exactly where we sail into but we will probably just do our own thing and find a beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter