August 6, 2005 Mexican Riviera..Who's In?

I just found out my boss is going on the Magic July 8th. I brought her my photo albums today and was telling her some of the things I learned here. She was pretty impressed with everything I told her I knew before cruising. She didn't even know they served lunch after you board. She's all ready to head to the secret deck 7 now with a drink in her hand! I found myself feeling jealous when I was talking with her about it! I kept reminding myself just over a month till Maui!

Hi Everyone - I finally have time to spend on the net. I just read about the Crown Princess and immediately thought of Cathy!

Cathy: I hope your cruise was wonderful! Though we postponed our Alaskan cruise, we did enjoy some beautiful days in San Diego visiting older DD Traci and seeing the sites. We went to an interesting Warhol exhibit as well as to Coronado! Hope Steve is doing much better!

Vicki: It sounds as if you may be staying at the Kaanapali Beach Resort?? That is our favorite Maui place to stay. They have wonderful free classes everyday and we learned to decorate shirts, make palm leaf bookmarks and dance the hula!

Eve: Great pics of the kids. I, too, had a hard time with your abbreviations...but I did figure out ADR lol.

Brynee is now officially a SENIOR! She is excited about this coming school year and we have finished up our college tours. She'll apply to a few UCs and a couple of Cal States and then we'll see what she chooses. Her BF is wanting to go to whichever college she decides upon so we shall see. She is spending this summer sleeping in and then tutoring in the afternoons. And, she and DD Traci made it to DL on Friday. They rode the newly improved Pirates and said the Jack Sparrow figures were pretty cool. They said 1 looked just like Johnny Depp!!

I hope to be able to check in on a more regular basis...

Jenny, It was good to hear from you! Yes, we are staying at the Kaanapali Beach Resort. When I was 18 my Mom took us and that was where we stayed. I remember the beach right at the hotel being the best! I've been back to Maui twice since then but have stayed elsewhere and the beaches just weren't as nice. Its coming up pretty quick and we're really looking foreward to it.
Well we're having one of our little heat waves (although this one has been all week) so we're just trying to find ways to stay cool.
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!
Vickie

Vickie, I see from your ticker you are either in Hawaii now or already back. If you are away I hope everything goes smoothly with your flight home. We are leaving Sunday and hoping all goes well with our flights.

Summer sure is flying by. The Thursday after we get home Alexa will start 7th grade. Her school is one of the earliest to start in the area and one of the last to get out.....makes no sense to me at all.

Have a good rest of the summer everyone. Just think, this time last year we were on the Magic having a grand time. Oh to be back on the ship..... :teleport: :sail:

What a great cruise. We went again on 4/15/06 just DW & I and took the kids to Alaska on 7/01/06. Now we are on count down for our B2B on 9/30 & 10/07. It's such a pleasure to sail on DCL. Every cruise is Magical. The 8/06/05 will live on forever :cool1: :Pinkbounc

Itinkso said:
Hi Everyone - I finally have time to spend on the net. I just read about the Crown Princess and immediately thought of Cathy!

Jenny, Did you read about the week the Crown Princess tipped to the side?
That was the week after we were on it, very disturbing but I will still cruise again. We have the Magic booked next April right now, but I think we have to move it again. I think we are going to Hiltonhead next year and we are visiting a friend's house in Florida in November this year for a long weekend.

Jessica is a Sophomore now and looking forward to school. She still has some homework to finish from her summer reading/essay. She had a lot since she is taking all honors courses.

I was just noticing there are some new smilies I hadn't seen before. This is me watching Big Brother All Stars: :happytv:

Cathy

jilljill said:
Vickie, I see from your ticker you are either in Hawaii now or already back. If you are away I hope everything goes smoothly with your flight home. We are leaving Sunday and hoping all goes well with our flights.

Summer sure is flying by. The Thursday after we get home Alexa will start 7th grade. Her school is one of the earliest to start in the area and one of the last to get out.....makes no sense to me at all.

Have a good rest of the summer everyone. Just think, this time last year we were on the Magic having a grand time. Oh to be back on the ship..... :teleport: :sail:

We had a great trip but nothing went smoothly with our flight home. Not security related, our return flight was cancelled due to mechanical problems. We were scheduled to fly out at 12:55 pm on Aloha into Oakland. Aloha called us at 9am saying our flight was delayed 4 hours. So we went to the airport according to the new departure time, returned our rental car and headed to the gate only to find out then it had been cancelled. A phone call like we received in the morning would have been nice, then we wouldn't have returned the car! So they rebooked us on an 8:45pm United flight into San Francisco only to find out when we went to check in at United that that flight had been oversold and we were on standby. They booked us on an 11:05 into SF but we ended up getting seats on the 8:45, our luggage went on the 11:05. They delivered our luggage to our house at 9pm that night. We got in to SF at 4:15am and the shuttle they called for right after we landed didn't get there until 5:40 am. We got home at 6:45 am tired and grouchy! What a way to end a very nice vacation!
I think we may stay home next summer, just doing some weekend trips! We'll see, that may change by then.
School starts the 28th here. Haven't even done any clothes shopping and Sara needs everything!
Hope everyone is enjoying the end of their summer!
Vickie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter