August 6, 2005 Mexican Riviera..Who's In?

Hi everyone! I think I found us on Page 6 this time. I got my cruise documents for my July Princess cruise today and now I am getting excited. I'd be more excited if Steve would start feeling better already. He has been sick for 3 months now between surgery, infections, and other digestive related problems. He did start back to work 1/2 days now but he gets so exhausted and had to take one sick day already.

I need to start thinking about our next cruise which is back on the Disney Magic (hurray!). I need to move it to 2007, I am hoping my sister and her family will want to go with us and maybe my parents too. No one else in my family is into cruising. My other sister has never been to a Disney park and has no interest to. They just don't understand what it is like I don't think. Her husband thinks it is just an amusement park. I offered to take her without him, maybe if my parents and other sister are going they'll change their mind. My brother couldn't afford it, but he wants to drive down and camp at Disney World sometime if we all go.

Cathy :sunny:

Hi
How are you?
I am fine!

BTW
I booked next cruise which is 2007 MED CRUISE.
I really cant wait. :banana:

Cathy, I'm sorry to hear Steve is still having problems. Hopefully things will slowly get better.

We also have a cruise on the Magic booked that we need to move to 2007. I just am not sure when to move it to. Oh well I can always move it again.

Kazu, I'm glad you're going to do the Med cruise. You'll have to tell us about it when you get home!

I'm still off work with my feet. They're getting better though, I can spend more time on them every day. Still need to elevate them a lot though. The second foot was much worse than the first, much more painful after surgery but better now.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

Vickie

Hi everyone! Been busy around here this weekend. Will try to get back and post some recent pics including our trip on Celebrity to E Carribean. It was awesome. Kids had a violin recital Friday night - will try to post pics from that too....

Kazu - I'm so jealous - I came SO close to booking the Med cruise too ~

Cathy, sorry to hear Steve is still having problems. I hope he feels well enough to enjoy your cruise this summer.

Vickie, sorry to hear your 2nd foot surgery was more painful. Here's hoping you are back on your feet pain-free in no time.

Kazu, that's great news about booking a Med cruise. I looked into doing the eastbound crossing and my dad was the only one interested in going with me. So I will have to read all about it on the boards.
I've heard that Tokyo Disneyland is beautiful with all the cherry blossoms in bloom. I would love to see a picture if you can post one.

We had a great time at WDW last week and the weather was just about perfect...no rain except for when we were leaving the last day. :banana:

Next Tuesday I'm going with a couple of friends to NYC to a Martha Stewart show taping, it should be really fun. I heard that Jamie Oliver (The Naked Chef) and Maggie Gyllenhall will be guests that day. I'm very excited to see Jamie Oliver, he makes me laugh. I think we are going to the World of Disney store on 5th Ave. as well.

Have a good weekend everyone. :wave2:

jilljill said:
Cathy, sorry to hear Steve is still having problems. I hope he feels well enough to enjoy your cruise this summer.

Vickie, sorry to hear your 2nd foot surgery was more painful. Here's hoping you are back on your feet pain-free in no time.

Kazu, that's great news about booking a Med cruise. I looked into doing the eastbound crossing and my dad was the only one interested in going with me. So I will have to read all about it on the boards.
I've heard that Tokyo Disneyland is beautiful with all the cherry blossoms in bloom. I would love to see a picture if you can post one.

We had a great time at WDW last week and the weather was just about perfect...no rain except for when we were leaving the last day. :banana:

Next Tuesday I'm going with a couple of friends to NYC to a Martha Stewart show taping, it should be really fun. I heard that Jamie Oliver (The Naked Chef) and Maggie Gyllenhall will be guests that day. I'm very excited to see Jamie Oliver, he makes me laugh. I think we are going to the World of Disney store on 5th Ave. as well.

Have a good weekend everyone. :wave2:

Barb, I never watch Martha Stewart but I will have to watch to look for you! Is it on the same day? Since I'm still off work I am home to watch so let me know.

My feet are doing much better. I was able to wear sandals today! I can't spend real long on them without some pain but not too bad. I'm trying to slowly increase my activity every day.
Vickie

Yeah, Vickie had on sandals for a little bit! :Pinkbounc

Yes, The Martha show will air Tuesday. They tape them at 10am and show them that day, in our area it's on at noon. They will also be taping a couple of segments that will air this summer after the regular taping. I'm really looking forward to going even tho I'm not a big Martha fan. I'm going to take my camera since they allow photos during the breaks.

Hi everyone, thanks for the recipes Barb.

Time is flying by so fast, I can't believe it is almost June already. I went
shopping today for cruise clothes which was fun. Only 5 weeks now.

We are taking a family Disney cruise next year, my parents, sister and family and her husband's two sister's families and their father and his girlfriend. My nephew will be 5 then so he should enjoy himself and there will be lots of babysitters if he doesn't like the clubs for some reason although he is used to daycare.

Anybody have any vacation or summer plans?

Cathy :sunny:

Hi Cathy, How's Steve doing?

We are going to Maui in August, we're looking foreward to it. We had rebooked the Magic for August but never intended to go. Our plan was to move it out to June or early July 2007 before Kenney turns 18 but with the Magic going to Europe next summer that isn't going to happen. We could do the Wonder but I just can't see flying all the way to Florida for a 4 night cruise. We moved it out to Christmas 2007 but I really think we may end up just cancelling. I can't see Kenney being interested in DCL at that in between age, can't get into the teen club and can't get into the adult clubs. I guess we could just leave him home, he'll be over 18 but I don't even want to think about anything like that yet!
The school year is quickly coming to an end, seems like we were just saying that last year and looking foreward to our Mexico cruise!
Kenney has a job, he's busy making sandwiches at a local sandwich shop (Togo's, don't know if they are everywhere or just here) and enjoying the responsibility and paycheck!

Steve is doing better, he had hernia surgery on Thursday and is recovering from that now. It has been a rough 4 1/2 months but I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I like to have vacations planned ahead. Maybe we'll go on the Magic during April vacation 2007, but we could also rebook onboard Princess if our friends want to.

Jessica is going to a Red Sox game tomorrow and maybe to visit Harvard University with a friend's family. She wants to go on a college tour next summer where we tour around New England for a week and visit Dartmouth and Boston schools, etc. I told her it would be good to stay within a 4 hour radius of home, I can just picture Steve sick and me having to pick up college loads alone. She wants to go to Princeton which is within the radius but I hope she heads to New Hampshire or Massachusetts where I am familiar with driving.

Cathy

Just checking in, is anyone booked on a Disney cruise in the future? I know Stacey was going in May I thought but that has passed. We don't know when we are going yet, either April 2007 or in 2008 sometime... :sad2: Kind of far away. I miss this board, my Princess one is just not the same. People are nice and all, but I am not even going to meet up with them since we are going with friends we never see. It will be nice not having to worry about Jessica, but I will miss her. We have only gone away for weekends without her, we usually do family vacations.

Cathy

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here in ages. I miss everyone.

Cathy glad to hear that Steve is coming along nicely.

We are heading up to western Mass. on Sunday for a week. We are staying in the Hancock area and plan to do things in that area and then head up to Bennington, VT for a day. We are looking forward to a very different vacation for us, we haven't been to that area before.

We are also going to WDW 8/13 for a week. We just decided that one last week since we still had timeshare points to use and we will get another week out of our annual passes :woohoo:

Stacey was on the Magic the end of May and then she's going on the Wonder in Sept. with some friends for one of the special cruises. I'll get her to pop over here to say hi to everyone.

take care everyone :wave2:

Hi Everyone! I was just telling a friend over the weekend that our last Disney trip was DL and the Magic and that I had met a lot of people before even getting on the cruise. She was amazed at how many internet resources are available. I was helping her make ADRs and using Ridemax to maximize the 3 days that she will be at WDW with her family. Lucky dog - she got the free DDP with a 3 night stay at All-Star in July.

I've put together our preliminary schedule for December - I made most of our ADRs this past Saturday. Our schedule so far (most mornings we just plan on eating in at our 2 bdrm villa at SSRS - cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, etc, etc that we'll pick up at the store); 11 of us with 4 children (ages 5, 5, 7, 9) and 7 adults:
Thursday, Dec 7 - arrive Orlando; ADR for Fulton's Crab House for dinner (not on DDP)

[font=Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif]Friday, Dec 8 - Magic Kingdom[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif]B - CRT
L - Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station
D - Crystal Palace
[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif]Saturday, Dec 9 - Animal Kingdom[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif]B - (eating in at Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa)
L - Tusker House
D - Hoop Dee Doo
[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif]Sunday, Dec 10 - EPCOT[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif]B - (SSRS)
L - counter service (??)
D - Le Cellier Steakhouse
[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif]Monday, Dec 11 - Magic Kingdom/MVMCP[/font]

L - Columbia Harbor House
D - Tony's Town Square (scheduled this for MVMCP this evening - not using DDP)
[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif]Tuesday, Dec 12 - MGM [/font]

L - counter service (??)
D - Victoria and Albert's for our anniversary (not on DDP)
[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif]Wednesday, Dec 13 - EPCOT[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif]B - counter service (Artist's Palette?)
L - counter service (??)
D - Fireworks Dinner Cruise
[/font]

Thursday, Dec 14 - HOME - use any unused meals/snacks
Any suggestions anyone??

Here are the pics from Amina and Rhys' violin recital:

amina_violin06.JPG

rhys_violin06.JPG

pirate_night_sig06.jpg

I just got back on the threads since I booked the 1st Med Cruise on 5/26/07 and got an email that this thread was still alive and kicking.

I am also planning my annual trip to WDW for the Food and Wine Festival in October.

So thought I would just drop by and say hi and wish everyone well.

Good to hear from you guys! I don't quite follow all of the shorthand you use Eve, but it sounds exciting. We are now going on the Magic Feb or April school vacation 2008 with my sister and parents, but we will definately plan something else before that. I love the gorgeous outfits Amina and Rhys wore for their recitals, so coordinated. Did you have a photo taken of them together like that?

Your vacation sounds nice too Barb, hopefully we are past the rain and you will have good weather, and not too humid. I haven't been to Vermont in a long time, but I do go to New Hampshire and Maine more often. :)

Cathy

Another school year is over! Kenney got his appointment in the mail today for senior pictures! Next year at this time we'll be celebrating his high school graduation and Sara's middle school graduation!
We're looking foreward to our Maui vacation in August, it'll be here before we know it!

SchultzFamily said:
Another school year is over! Kenney got his appointment in the mail today for senior pictures! Next year at this time we'll be celebrating his high school graduation and Sara's middle school graduation!
We're looking foreward to our Maui vacation in August, it'll be here before we know it!

Jessica still has 3 days of finals (only 1/2 days of school) to complete her Freshman year. It goes by so fast. Wow, two graduations at once next year. You will be busy. Your Maui vacation sounds exciting, are you staying on one island the whole time or hopping around? I was thinking about cruising the islands, it must be a smaller ship though. I am thinking about cruising everywhere, but then we don't get to do other things. I need more than one vacation a year I think! I am already thinking about next vacations and we leave on Princess in 2 weeks. The inaugural cruise for the Crown Princess left NYC on Wed. and there is a Live poster giving us the scoop. Cruise people are so friendly and happy to be around. I still think we will all cruise again, maybe if Disney does Alaska?

Cathy

Catnip0113 said:
Jessica still has 3 days of finals (only 1/2 days of school) to complete her Freshman year. It goes by so fast. Wow, two graduations at once next year. You will be busy. Your Maui vacation sounds exciting, are you staying on one island the whole time or hopping around? I was thinking about cruising the islands, it must be a smaller ship though. I am thinking about cruising everywhere, but then we don't get to do other things. I need more than one vacation a year I think! I am already thinking about next vacations and we leave on Princess in 2 weeks. The inaugural cruise for the Crown Princess left NYC on Wed. and there is a Live poster giving us the scoop. Cruise people are so friendly and happy to be around. I still think we will all cruise again, maybe if Disney does Alaska?

Cathy

We're just going to Maui this time. 3 years ago when we went we did 3 islands and the only complaint from everyone was packing up and wasting a good portion of a day at the airport for an approx 40 minute flight. Cruising the islands would absolutely be the way to do it! We just all loved Maui so much that we decided that was where we wanted to go. We're staying at one of the older hotels that is very family oriented and very traditional Hawaiian. We have an ocean front room and I'm looking foreward to going to sleep and waking up to the sound of the waves!

Hello everyone :wave:
We made our trip up north and loved it. We are looking forward to going again in the future. It was a relaxing vacation for us which is quite different since we are usually on the go all the time. Alexa was able to cross 3 more states off her list; MA, VT, and CT. Although our visit to CT was just over the border for a few minutes just to say we had been there.
We went up Mt. Greylock, which is the highest point in MA and Alexa was not too thrilled we took her up there. We only took her picture by the sign and drove back down, she doesn't like the mountains at all :confused3 .
The weather wasn't too bad although we did have a couple of storms that only lasted an hour or so and by the time they hit we were back at the resort.
The funniest thing was that we didn't have cell phone service at the resort and when the storms hit the internet was down too. A couple of times during the week the phone service also went down. We didn't realize we were going on a remote vacation, but we survived and it was good for a laugh.
We visited the Hancock Shaker Village and we all really liked it and learned a lot. I had heard of the Shakers and knew about their furniture but knew nothing about their lifestyle....which was very different.

Vickie, your Maui vacation sounds nice. Ah...the sound of waves.....

Cathy, your cruise sounds nice. I had looked into one of the ones that leaves out of Baltimore, Philadelphia or New Jersey (no travelling) but we thought we might do that in a couple of years.

Eve, sounds like you have everything under control for your WDW trip. The restaurants you have booked sound good too.
My only suggestion to you would be to book Rose & Crown at Epcot for around 7:30-8:00 one night to see Illuminations while you dine. They only allow you 2 hours for dining since everyone wants to eat there once they realize you can see Illuminations from your table or on the uncrowded patio area. I have a table booked again in August for dinner for this reason, we ate there in April for the same reason. Plus the food is very good. Usually for us we eat dinner and then order dessert which is brought out after Illuminations and then we have a nice stroll thru the empty park as we leave. It's a nice end to a great day at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter