August 6, 2005 Mexican Riviera..Who's In?

Cathy, how is Steve doing? I hope everything went well with his surgery and he's started a speedy recovery!

Barb, how is Alexa's foot?

We booked our Maui vacation yesterday! I'm so excited to have another countdown to look foreward to! We're going August 9 if anyone is still undecided with their vacation plans!

Have a great rest of the weekend!
Vickie

I hope Steve's surgery went well too. Any updates Cathy?

Your trip sounds great Vickie! How long are you going for? Did you book through a TA? I'd love to take the kids to Hawaii some day but we have China on our list of destinations first. We're thinking for the 2008 summer olympics....

Hope everyone had a great weekend...we leave for our Celebrity cruise in less than 2 weeks.... :hyper:

Kidoctr said:
Your trip sounds great Vickie! How long are you going for? Did you book through a TA? I'd love to take the kids to Hawaii some day but we have China on our list of destinations first. We're thinking for the 2008 summer olympics....

Hope everyone had a great weekend...we leave for our Celebrity cruise in less than 2 weeks.... :hyper:

We're going for a week. I actually did the booking myself after MUCH research! The hardest part was finding somewhere to stay that has a room large enough that doesn't cost the whole vacation budget! I ended up getting an ocean front family suite at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel. It's a much older hotel not real fancy, more family oriented and on a beautiful stretch of beach. And I got us non-stop flights in and out of Oakland so very convenient!

Have fun on your cruise Eve!
Vickie

SchultzFamily said:
We're going for a week. I actually did the booking myself after MUCH research! The hardest part was finding somewhere to stay that has a room large enough that doesn't cost the whole vacation budget! I ended up getting an ocean front family suite at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel. It's a much older hotel not real fancy, more family oriented and on a beautiful stretch of beach. And I got us non-stop flights in and out of Oakland so very convenient!

Have fun on your cruise Eve!
Vickie

Can't wait to hear all about it! Take lots of pics - you're going to have a fabulous time!

Cathy how is Steve making out this week? We are thinking of him.

Alexa had her cast removed last week and is making out well. She doesn't need to go back unless the pain returns. We have the ace bandage close at hand to put on her in case it starts to flare up again.

Vickie you vacation sounds very nice. I was to Maui many, many years ago when there was nothing on the island.

Eve a cruise would sound very nice right now. The weather has been totally crazy so seeing palm trees would be very relaxing and warm... :sunny: :flower1:

Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile, Steve is recovering slowly but surely. He was in the hospital for 5 days, then after 5 more had to go back in for 3 days with an infection. He is on antibiotics and slowly recovering. He is still on pain medications and he has to wean down and get through withdrawal too. He has been through it before so we know what to expect. I am looking forward to our cruise so much now that we missed our Vegas vacation. Steve had to miss 2 of our Broadway shows too, it is hard to count on anything.

Jessica is doing well, she is off at a Pancake breakfast at our town's Maple festival, she is selling raffle tickets for the Leo's Club (junior Lion's Club) which she joined this year.

Cathy

Cathy - Glad to hear Steve is improving. Thanks for checking in!
Its been unusually cold here, even had snow locally which is extermely rare. :cold:
Vickie

Vickie, If snow is rare the roads must have been a mess. At least here we are used to it and there are plenty of trucks out salting, plowing and sanding. Even so, schools here cancel pretty easily if the roads will be covered (like when the plows can't keep up with the rate of snowfall until it is over). In New Hampshire where my college friend lives, they hardly ever cancel school because they'd be cancelling every day.

I still feel like we have the safest weather in New England. It is rare to have tornados, brush fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, mudslides, etc. We get Nor'easter storms but they aren't too bad except in coastal areas. It is never too hot or too cold for a long period of time with the season's changing.

This is meteorologist Cathy, back to you in the studio (LOL)!

Cathy

Catnip0113 said:
Vickie, If snow is rare the roads must have been a mess. At least here we are used to it and there are plenty of trucks out salting, plowing and sanding. Even so, schools here cancel pretty easily if the roads will be covered (like when the plows can't keep up with the rate of snowfall until it is over). In New Hampshire where my college friend lives, they hardly ever cancel school because they'd be cancelling every day.

I still feel like we have the safest weather in New England. It is rare to have tornados, brush fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, mudslides, etc. We get Nor'easter storms but they aren't too bad except in coastal areas. It is never too hot or too cold for a long period of time with the season's changing.

This is meteorologist Cathy, back to you in the studio (LOL)!

Cathy

There were a couple of bad accidents in the areas where it snowed enough to mess up the roads. It never snowed at our house that I know of but about 5 miles away it did, Kenney had gone out to dinner with some friends and called home to say it was snowing. Of course it immediately melted but at least he got to see it snowing here.
Today it's in the 60's and sunny!
Vickie

Hi all :wave2:
I haven't been on here in ages and thought I better check in.

Cathy glad to hear Steve is coming along, even if it is a slow process.

Vickie, heard about the snow in your area and couldn't believe it. I also see you can't get rid of your cruise ticker from last summer. I think if I take it off it will make the memories fade faster, which I know is not true.

The weather is still extremely strange here; Monday it was 79°, Tuesday is was 58°, and Thursday it was 42°. I am so ready for spring and they keep saying it's going to be in the 40's until next weekend.

I'm in the beginning stages of planning a party for my parent's 50th anniversary in December. I'm at a loss on where to have it that's not going to cost over $3,000.00. I could always have it at our house but then I would want it catered, can't see cooking for nearly 80 people. If it was during the warmer months I wouldn't hesitate, but I can't imagine having that many people in the house in December.
I just need to win the lottery and fly a bunch of people to WDW and not worry about it. Wishful thinking :wizard:
I guess I will go back to thinking and researching.

Take care everyone and enjoy the first day of spring this week. :sunny: :flower1: :flower2: :daisy: :flower:

Hi Everyone - I'm in the Fort Lauderdale airport waiting for our flight which leaves in about 1.5 hours. :bored:

Cathy - glad to hear about Steve's recovery. Hopefully he'll be feeling back to himself very soon. Is this the last procedure he has to have for a while?

Congrats to your parents Barb! What a special occasion ~ 50 years! Everyone should be so lucky....

Seth and I just got back from a 7 day cruise on Celebrity's Infinity. We had a good time and met a lot of great people but it was also partially work - a pediatric conference. I think we probably got credit for about 20 hours of continuing medical education (CME). We get into Tulsa late tonight and spend the night then it's off the pick up the kids in Arkansas tomorrow morning and then we turn around and head back to Enid so we should be home by late afternoon.

See you all later when I will have pics to share ~ Eve

Hi!
I had my surgery on my left foot last week and I'm doing great! Pain has really been minimal! Next week I have the right foot done, just looking foreward to having it done so I can get back to normal!
Hope everyone is doing fine!
Vickie

Glad to hear your recovery is going well Vickie. I hope the other foot goes just as smoothly if not better. Very brave to do both feet so close together.

I am jealous that you have been on another cruise Eve, even though you had to go to a seminar, I bet there was still time for fun. I can't wait for my cruise in July. Two women at work and I are trying Nutrisystems to kick start losing weight. I just couldn't get motivated at all.

Cathy

Vickie, glad to hear your recovery is going well and here's hoping your other foot goes just as well.

We are ready to go see Mickey in a couple of weeks. Ready for a nice vacation away from the 'real world'.

SchultzFamily said:
Hi!
I had my surgery on my left foot last week and I'm doing great! Pain has really been minimal! Next week I have the right foot done, just looking foreward to having it done so I can get back to normal!
Hope everyone is doing fine!
Vickie

Vickie...sorry I haven't been reading....glad to hear that all went well...but, what did you have done??

Stacey, are you following me around the internet today?!? :earboy2:

justmestace said:
Vickie...sorry I haven't been reading....glad to hear that all went well...but, what did you have done??
Bunions! Sara thinks that is the "grossest" word she's ever heard!
Vickie

SchultzFamily said:
Bunions! Sara thinks that is the "grossest" word she's ever heard!
Vickie

I don't think it's gross...but it certainly sounds painful! Feel better quick!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter