August 6, 2005 Mexican Riviera..Who's In?

Kazu - Love the pictures!

Everyone have a wonderful Christmas!

My whole family is sick with the flu (except me, but I can tell I'm fighting it). :sad: Hopefully it passes soon, its been going on all week.

Vickie

Vickie, sending well wishes to you and your family to get better soon. This is not the time of year to be sick. Jay's been battling sinus problems the last week or so and it seems to be getting better now.

Cathy thanks for your card.

Eve, Alexa and I saw LaNouba last year and loved it. It is worth the money. If you plan on getting an annual pass they do offer discounts certain times of the year, not sure about DVC discounts.
Here's a link to a site that lets you know when you can make reservations for dining, cruises and other events at WDW: http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

Have a healthy and safe Christmas everyone.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! Ours was wonderful and relaxing. I spent today watching new DVD's between loads of laundry (so I felt like I was accomplishing something). I did have a lot of cleaning up to do, but we stayed in Sunday and Monday so I got a lot done. We have tons of leftovers and desserts to eat, I almost can't wait until they are gone so I can eat healthier (LOL). I have to go to work tomorow, but Steve and Jessica will be home :( for me, :) for them though.

Cathy

Every time I get an answer to this thread it brings back warm fuzzies. What a great cruise.

The Holiday so far has been quiet. My son is a minister so Xmas eve dinner is now at his home since there is a 7pm service. I buy the Prime Rib, he cooks.
I bought a 15 Lber a little over kill for eight people. turns out it wasn't as there was a lot of fat and grissle on the far end, but was very very good. Next year there should be no Xmas eve service and my DW would like to have dinner at our house as she misses it. We have gone to good paper plates to cut down on the clean up.

A great time of year to just concentrate on family. It seems like such a hard thing to do in this day and age, everyone is so busy with there jobs and making ends meet. My DD works for dyfus and what a stressful job. It's so hard not getting involved in other family problems. We have convinced her to pick one needy family and we all chip in to see they have a good Xmas. It's always warming to give a hand to others.

Hope everyone had a good xmas. May all your problems be small ones. :grouphug:

joksten2000 said:
We have gone to good paper plates to cut down on the clean up.

pick one needy family and we all chip in to see they have a good Xmas. It's always warming to give a hand to others.
What a nice note! I like to use paper plates for birthday parties with the whole family and plastic utensils (which I try to save and throw in the dishwasher). For Thanksgiving, if we have 8 or less people I do use my nice dishes (I don't have china though, never wanted any). Christmas Eve I did nice paper plates and we do buffet style food.

It is nice to help a needy family at the holidays. I have two sponsor children in the Phillipines and I give to the local food bank. I get a letter telling me what my children get for Christmas and it puts our Christmas in perspective with all we have. They are happy with an electric fan, or bedding or one outfit...

Now it's time to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

Cathy

Just wanted to wish everyone a very happy and safe New Year.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!
Kenney is spending the weekend with some friends of ours in Sacramento and Sara has 2 girlfriends spending the night tonight :eek: so I can guess that it will be a noisy night here tonight!
Hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year!

Happy New Year from Tokyo.
IMG_4294.jpg

Hi everyone, I got my birthday email today from the Dis Boards which reminded me I hadn't been out here in awhile. Can't believe it is 2006 now. How is everyone doing? Was Santa good to everyone? I enjoyed all the cards I got. I am going to visit a friend in New Hampshire this weekend, we celebrate 5 people's birthdays and Christmas so it is fun.

At least the days are getting longer now!

Cathy

:bday:

The holidays were great. About a week after New Years', the rest of our house guests went home. The kids were back in school soon after that and we are nearly back to "normal" around here. :)

GREAT news! We don't have to wait until December after all! Our yearly pilgrimage to Las Vegas in February has been replaced by a weekend getaway to DL and San Diego. :cool1: I got us tickets to see (Cirque du Soleil) Quidam in SD and we'll be staying at the DL hotel for 3 nights using our DVC points. With a 3 day park hopper pass and a rental car, we are SET! Anyone going to be near DL the 16th-19th of Feb?

Our December plans are going well. I have to call tomorrow for the last 2 nights of our 7 day stay. My sis has already made plane reservations. We're most likely going to opt for the Disney Dining Plan. Goodness - lots of planning to do and so little time! ;) :rotfl:

Take care all ~ Eve

Hi everyone :wave2: . We are enjoying our sporadic(sp?) days of spring-like weather.

We made our summer vacation plans this week. We are spending a week in June at a resort in western Mass., something very different for us. I've been looking up things for us to do in the area. We will be staying in Hancock which in near a Shaker Village and not too far from Albany, NY. It will be nice to not worry about heat and humidity for a week.
We are also taking a few days the beginning of March and going to Williamsburg with my parents. Not looking to do anything those days but relaxing away from home.

Have a great weekend. :sunny:

jilljill said:
Hi everyone :wave2: . We are enjoying our sporadic(sp?) days of spring-like weather.

We made our summer vacation plans this week. We are spending a week in June at a resort in western Mass., something very different for us. I've been looking up things for us to do in the area. We will be staying in Hancock which in near a Shaker Village and not too far from Albany, NY. It will be nice to not worry about heat and humidity for a week.
We are also taking a few days the beginning of March and going to Williamsburg with my parents. Not looking to do anything those days but relaxing away from home.

Have a great weekend. :sunny:
We've been busy talking about what we want to do this summer. Kids want to go to Hawaii again, it would be our first choice also but we were going to try to keep cost down a little this year. We'll see! I envy you having plans made!
We're supposed to have rain :umbrella: again this morning and then get some sun :sunny: (chilly though!)
Have a good weekend!
Vickie

You will be coming up our way Barb! Do you have to drive up I-91 to Massachusetts or do you come up in New York state?

Eve, We are supposed to be in Las Vegas Feb. 20th thru 23rd, not sure now because Steve may need to have surgery soon and it is a month recovery. Things are up in the air... Thanks for the birthday wishes too!

Jessica and I are watching American Idol now, she is talking to Steve who is in the hospital watching it. He has been there a week now and it is getting old (Crohn's acting up)

Talk to you all soon, :sunny:
Cathy

Cathy we are not sure how we are going to go up. I picked up some maps at AAA the other day so we can figure out which way to go.
:grouphug: To Steve and hoping things go well for him.

Just thought I'd check in, I haven't spent too much time on the computer lately. We have been watching the Winter Olympics. Steve is home on disability for his Crohn's disease (having surgery 2/23) and he is now obsessed with Curling!! It is so funny to hear him yelling at the TV and it is on all day it seems. I guess it's good he has the Olympics because daytime TV isn't too much usually for him. He'll be home a month after that.

We had to cancel our Las Vegas trip, but we can use our tickets in the Fall. I am just hoping he is better (and he should be) by our July 2nd cruise. We were going to celebrate birthdays and Valentine's Day in Vegas so no we have to celebrate everything in July (LOL).

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. Jessica is going to Disney World this week with her high school chorus and band. They are performing on Wednesday at the Astro stage in Tomorrowland if anyone is going to be there.
Her group has males and females, there is another singing group from her school that is all female too. My sister will be there to cheer her on.
Cathy

Cathy - I hope everything goes well for Steve with his surgery, I'll say a prayer on the 23rd for him.
I'm having surgery on my foot (bunion) on March 22 and supposed to have the other foot done about 3 weeks after that but it's not scheduled yet.
Well it was a bad/good week for us. Monday our kitty got out and we did not notice (indoor cat only) and he was killed by some animal so we're all pretty sad. He was almost 2 years old and we got him when he was 6 weeks old and was just Mr. Personality!
Thursday Kenney got his drivers license so that was the good part of the week. At least for him! It gives us just one more thing to worry about!
Hope Jessica has a great time and great performance at Disney World!

Sounds like it's been a tough couple of weeks for everyone.
Cathy please give our best wishes :grouphug: to Steve and prayers that all goes well on the 23rd.
Vickie good luck to you with your feet. So sorry to hear about your cat :sad1: . I know Alexa will be sad for Sarah when she hears this news.

We've had a weird couple of weeks as well. Three weeks ago I took Alexa to the ortho surgeon to get her foot looked at and he sent her for an MRI and then ended up putting her foot in a cast for 3 weeks. Turns out she has an extra bone in her ankle and it's more common in girls and her's happens to be growing in instead of out, which is the usual case. She gets her cast off this Fri. and she can't wait. He did make it a walking one so she didn't need crutches. So I guess we will see what the next step will be.
This past Wednesday my nephew ended up getting his appendix removed. Fortunately it hasn't perforated and he went home the next day and is doing much better now.

Here's hoping for better weeks ahead for all of us. :hyper:

Cathy - so sorry to hear about Steve and your Vegas trip. Hope the surgery goes well. In the meantime, wish the USA was doing better at the olympics... How fun for Jessica - she'll have such a great time.

Vickie - best wishes with the surgeries. I've known other people to have them done and in the long run - well worth it. Sorry to hear about the kitty. You want a Bagle to replace your kitty? Our new puppy is driving me bananas - thought we had the housebreaking thing down but she's started up again inside since it's cold out. :confused3

Barb - bummer about Alexa...hope the cast takes care of it - what a hassle, though.

Seth and I just got back from Disneyland last night. It wasn't too crowded on Thursday and Friday - we finally got to ride California Screamin' - it was awesome. We did get rained on Friday night but no biggie - it was interesting riding CS in the rain at night. :eek: We ate at Napa Rose like last time - it was excellent. We tried the Vineyard room for the first time - also excellent but just a teensy bit cold to be sitting outside for dinner. We thought it was a ROOM but it's actually on the outside patio upstairs. Brrrr..... We avoided the crowds on Saturday and went to San Diego instead - the gaslamp area and then saw Quidam at the fairgrounds - I thought it was really good. Seth thought it was just ok. Knock on wood - no medical concerns here ~

Eve

Thanks for the good wishes for Steve everybody! :thumbsup2
I will think about you Vickie in March. So sorry to hear about Sarah's cat, that is very sad. I bet it is an angel kitty now helping someone in need.
Hope Alexa is back to normal soon and running around again.

Jessica called last night from Epcot Center while they were waiting for Illuminations to start. She is having fun and coping with 5 girls in one room with 2 full size beds and a cot and one bathroom! :crazy2:

Cathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter