August 6, 2005 Mexican Riviera..Who's In?

Today a woman at work noticed my DCL postcard in my cubicle and we got talking about cruises. She is going on one in February, but has never been on DCL. It is fun to talk cruising with someone, gets me excited for my next one.

It got cold here again and we are expecting snow this weekend again, 1 to 3 inches or so.

Cathy

Cathy, we are also expecting snow here. Tonight just under an inch and then Monday or Tuesday they are saying up to 9 inches :earseek: :cold: . It's too early to be worrying about that much snow.

Barb - we got your C card - thanks! Ours will go out in the mail sometime this week.....Hope all is well everyone! I've been soooooo busy since Thanksgiving - and I'm not just talking about work, lol. Have a great week!

We did too, I wish I had done some on the cruise! Maybe I'll do it on Princess for next year's cards although Jessica may not be coming with us now, she really doesn't want to and her aunt and uncle will take her for us. They have a daughter her age to hang with.

I decorated the tree this weekend so next weekend will be cards (I can start in the evenings this week too). Tonight we had a homework crisis and play rehearsal. Speaking of that, I have to go pick her up for 9:30pm so I better get off the computer now.

Merry Christmas season everyone! Hey, where do I get Christmas smilies!!

Cathy

Barb - We got your card yesterday too! I plan on sending ours today or tomorrow. I'm off this week, yesterday I got most of the decorating done. Now I need to start shopping. Big problem though, Sara has no idea of anything she wants! Except a chinchilla and we really don't want to get her one. She's too bad about cleaning cages and that sort of thing and I refuse to do it for her!
Friday we fly down to DL for the weekend. I did get seats for the Fantasmic dessert buffet for Sat night. Hopefully the weather stays dry! Ther trip is MY Christmas present!
Vickie

DL - I am jealous. We are thinking of going to Las Vegas in February for a few days while Jessica is at Disney World with her high school choruses and bands. My sister and her family will be there to see her perform. We talked about going there instead, but I want to go for a longer time when we go to Disney.

Cathy

You are all very welcome for the card. It's nice to look at it and remember all the good times we shared on the cruise. I was just looking at our photo album this weekend wishing we were back on the ship.

We ended up with about 2-3 inches of snow last night. Fortunately most of it melted today :Pinkbounc . They are calling for more snow the end of the week :cold: .

Vickie, I'm glad you are still going to DL this weekend. We did the Fantasmic Dessert buffet and loved it. I could go for one of the apple fritters with vanilla sauce right now :banana: .

We got home from DL about 11pm last night. I couldn't believe the crowds!!! :earseek:
I copied this from my reply to a post on the DL board about park closures on Sat 12/10:
"We just got home, we were at the parks Sat 12/10 and Sun 12/11. I think Sat was the most crowded I have ever seen the park. That said we did come in and out of both parks several times and were never turned away due to closures. I did hear at the GCH gift shop Sunday morning about park closures and wasn't surprised! We had Fantasmic Preferred seating for 10:30 Sat and had a terrible time getting through the park to check in. Once there it was great! They also announced due to high demand they had added an additional Fantasmic show at 11:30 pm!
I had very grumpy kids (16 & 12) due to the crowds and they even chose to head to the airport early on Sunday rather than fight the crowds any longer!
I thought the crowds were bad when we were there in August but this weekend was worse!"

That said we had a good time over all. I loved staying at the Grand Californian for convience and the hotel was beautiful but I don't know if I could justify the cost again! The weahter was perfect!
Vickie

Welcome Back Vickie, glad you had fun despite the crowds. I know what it is like to have a grumpy child with you.

Eve, We got your Christmas card/newsletter today, I don't know how you do it all! Not only the things in the newsletter, but actually doing the newsletter. I was very impressed. I bet your relatives love hearing what has been going on all year.

I have received a lot of cards and haven't done mine yet. I love the photo cards especially. I put them all up in an inside french doorway frame. I love looking at them all, but the photo ones go at eye level.

I'll get mine out soon.

Cathy (still no Christmas smilies...)

Just popped in to see what y'all were talking about. Mary from the Christmas cruise was at Disneyland this past weekend, too. I so miss going at Christmas, will have to do that next year.
We're going in March...for my birthday, and Jordan's Natl. cheer competition. We'll be there from the 17th to the 23rd. Am hoping the California kids are still in school and the crowds are down. What do you think my chances are??
Staying at the Grand Californian...it's a splurge, but just so convenient.

justmestace said:
Just popped in to see what y'all were talking about. Mary from the Christmas cruise was at Disneyland this past weekend, too. I so miss going at Christmas, will have to do that next year.
We're going in March...for my birthday, and Jordan's Natl. cheer competition. We'll be there from the 17th to the 23rd. Am hoping the California kids are still in school and the crowds are down. What do you think my chances are??
Staying at the Grand Californian...it's a splurge, but just so convenient.
Stacey - My kids have spring break the week of April 10th. Usually it seems that most of the schools are within a couple of weeks of each other. The year round schools may be a different story though...
I agree with you about the Grand Californian, so convenient but what a splurge!
I still can't get over the crowds this past weekend! Thank goodness we had EE Sat morning and took full advantage of it!
Gotta get those Christmas cards mailed today! They're sitting here all ready to mail, just gotta take the time to get to the post office!
Vickie

Hello.
This is Kazu.
How are you?
We are all fine.

IMG_3748.jpg

Tokyo DisneyLand Christmas.

Kazu....thanks so much for the tree picture from Tokyo. It's beautiful.

Stacey, it was nice to see you drop in.

Vickie, I've heard the D'land crowds have gotten worse since this summer. Sorry you had to deal with them, but glad you got to go. We also loved the convenience of staying at the GC, don't know if I would do it again either.

Hope everyone stays safe and gets ready for Christmas (insert Christmas smilie). Off to wrap presents, I'm NOT waiting until late Christmas Eve like I usually do.

What a nice tree Kazu! Thanks for posting it.

I guess this year's Christmas cruise will be heading out soon. I still have to move ours from next Thanksgiving week.

I have to go write my cards, I am so behind working overtime. Now I am really too tired. I just finished a 2 hour course for work on Sexual Harassment that we had to take on the internet. Too busy at work to take the time there, but I will bill the time to work (not that I get paid overtime).

Cathy

Kazu, the Santa and Stitch picture is very cute. Thanks again for all the pictures you post for us from TDL.
I see you have a new 'ticker' up for a cruise. Which week are you sailing?

Thanks for the cards we have received so far. They are very nice and make the memories last much longer.

IMG_3745.jpg

I see you have a new 'ticker' up for a cruise. Which week are you sailing?

We booked next cruise.
Next cruise plans are from Aug 5th to Aug 12th west calibbian 7 nights.
And soon from Aug 12th to 19th east calibbian 7nights.

Vickie - we got your C card - thanks! Great picture.

Kazu - good to see you again. Nice pics. I'm so jealous that many of you have gotten to Disney since the cruise. We are planning a trip to WDW but not until December 2006! I talked my sister and her family into going - we're planning on getting the Grand Villa at Saratoga Springs using our DVC points. We can get a week there and still have points leftover for next year! :cool1: There will be 10 of us total! We'll use our DVC points for the accomodations and my BIL will use his frequent flyer miles to get all 10 of us to Orlando. Wahoo! :banana: It'll practically be *free*. Well, not really, lol but it'll *seem* that way. Just an excuse to book one of the fireworks cruises and get tix to see La Nouba, etc, etc.

If there's anyone that I haven't sent a card/letter to (Kazu, Stacey, etc), you can access the .pdf of our family newsletter here: http://h1.ripway.com/Kidoctr/2005ChristmasLetter.pdf It's a LARGE file (840 kb) so be patient while it downloads!

If I don't make it back before this weekend - have a fabulous holiday everyone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter